Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smite today?

4 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

So I am not anti gun at all, just anti idiots with guns.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the USA who disagrees with this sentiment. It's just that we're split fairly evenly on the definition of an "idiot with a gun", and on top of that, we're fractured into hundreds of different idea camps on how to deal all the potential combinations of idiot + gun. So the issue remains the proverbial hamster in the wheel, and we get exactly zero traction in any direction.

• Like 1

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

7 hours ago, Fearkiller said:

"...it's such a personal issue for people that we cannot talk about it sensibly," Damon said in Sydney.

This pretty much sums it up. There's a ton of emotion tied into each side of the debate, and it tends to manifest in a lot of black-and-white conversations, with all participants firmly walling themselves up behind their individual viewpoints. Those are the majority voices on the matter. The minority is actually the grey crowd: people who want to trade ideas and dig around to find the flaws and merits in every possible approach, and see if they can put together some amalgamation of a solution.

They aren't popular with anybody, though.

• Like 4

Keep up the momentum!

I would like to move to Australia.  But I hear the wildlife is out to kill me.  Though, I'm not sure killer wildlife is much worse than killer gunmen.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

7 hours ago, RandMart said:

Only if I could live on Sev's compound ... otherwise ... maybe not

Is that so she can protect you from the killer spiders? Or just so you can make googly eyes at her? :P  

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

4 minutes ago, RandMart said:

With great respect to our beloved @Guzzi, I have to say: "Fucking Motos!!!"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-crashed-froome-forced-to-run-up-mont-ventoux/

Holy crap! :o 

though its the spectators who were really at fault methinks. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

My nextdoor neighbours.  The ones I have smited about before.  They're totally fucking..... Arrrrgh! I don't even know a good enough insult!

Their second youngest (6yo) was at our house today with one of her friends.  They were helping/hindering Colin to set up a new vivarium for one of the snakes that has outgrown his current one.  This involves rewiring the heating elements and lights, using tools like stanley knives and such.  He trusts the 6yo not to try and play with any of that stuff and to keep out of the way while he's moving furniture, but then her little sister comes to the door...

Now while he trusts the 6yo the same cannot be said for her 3yo sister.  She's 3 for fucks sake!  And shes out playing in the streets on her own, the parents don't know (or care) where she is.  So Colin says to the girls that the 3yo can't come in because it's not safe.  The 3yo runs home crying because she wasn't allowed in so the next minute the mother comes storming over to demand that the 6yo comes home.  She does this all the time, if 3yo isn't allowed to come in/play with Colin's kids the mother comes out shouting and the 6yo gets punnished.  WTF?  

Of course when faced with shouting mother and "your dad wants to see you" the 6yo runs away.  It's taken about 10 mins for shouting mother to find her and drag her home.  I can't say I blame her.  It's not exactly a loving home, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some physical for of punishment coming 6yo's way.

I have reported them to the authorities before, to no avail, but I have a social worker coming to see me next week so I'm going to raise the issue again.  Maybe something will get done, though I highly doubt it. :( 

Thanks Tank.  It's kinda funny, 6yo was over at our house again today playing in our garden with the other kids and I got the chance to ask her if she got trouble ("not that much" apparently) and why her mum was angry...  

She was angry because 3yo wasn't allowed in.

Did you tell her that she wasn't allowed in because it wasn't safe?

Yes but she didn't believe me. (I had actually sent her a message on fb to tell her that too)

The thing is, in this day and age most people would be more worried that their 6yo daughter is hanging around with a couple in their 30s when their kids aren't even in the house! (Colin has joint custody of his 3) Not being offended because we won't let their 3yo daughter in too. :huh:  I mean, we have a house full of snakes FFS!  A 3yo needs constant supervision at the best of times, and we have snakes in our house that could probably kill her if they tried!  It's highly unlikely, but theoretically possible.  They wouldn't manage to eat the evidence though, not whole at least. :P 

Stupid people!

• Like 1

Coworkers having a heated discussion about politics (the to-be-expected Trump vs Hilary debate). And y'know, I'd be totally fine with it if people didn't get so fucking emotional about it every. single. fucking. time.

Seriously, it's annoying.

I agree that the average U.S. citizen ought to know what the current issues are in government, and that they ought to be well-acquainted with the politicians who are promising to deal with those issues, so that they (the citizen) get to make informed votes and [hopefully] help make the country a better place.

But that's not what these fucktards are doing. They're not discussing the pro's and con's of any party's particular strategy to address foreign policy, or veteran affairs, or issues of equality, or national debt - they're just slinging mud at each other over their preferred candidates. "How can you be so stupid as to trust Hilary, after Benghazi and those classified emails!" "Well, you must be a tyrannical asshole too, if you're planning on voting for Trump!"

*facepalm*

It's like listening to highschoolers argue over why their favorite Dancing With The Stars pair should win over someone else's: that's how much substance there is to these "debates". :mad-new:

• Like 1

Keep up the momentum!

16 hours ago, Evicious said:

Coworkers having a heated discussion about politics (the to-be-expected Trump vs Hilary debate). And y'know, I'd be totally fine with it if people didn't get so fucking emotional about it every. single. fucking. time.

Seriously, it's annoying.

I agree that the average U.S. citizen ought to know what the current issues are in government, and that they ought to be well-acquainted with the politicians who are promising to deal with those issues, so that they (the citizen) get to make informed votes and [hopefully] help make the country a better place.

But that's not what these fucktards are doing. They're not discussing the pro's and con's of any party's particular strategy to address foreign policy, or veteran affairs, or issues of equality, or national debt - they're just slinging mud at each other over their preferred candidates. "How can you be so stupid as to trust Hilary, after Benghazi and those classified emails!" "Well, you must be a tyrannical asshole too, if you're planning on voting for Trump!"

*facepalm*

It's like listening to highschoolers argue over why their favorite Dancing With The Stars pair should win over someone else's: that's how much substance there is to these "debates". :mad-new:

Now you see why I ignore political debates, they overflow with emotional responses and logical fallacies, and are sparse on the facts.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

1 hour ago, RandMart said:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article89772502.html

If I posted in the Smite thread every time a cyclist gets run over, chances are I'd be posting here every day

AND if I posted in the Smite thread every time a cyclist gets run over AND the driver gets a minimal punishment, chances are I'd be posting here once a week

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2016/07/15/grace-harken-courtney-johnson-bicycle-crash-mitchell-county-iowa/87132140/

That kinda really does suck. What the fuck with the fine and suspension after killing someone? So texting is a perfect excuse to literally get away with murder. 

Wait! What............?

2 hours ago, RandMart said:

If I posted in the Smite thread every time a cyclist gets run over, chances are I'd be posting here every day

AND if I posted in the Smite thread every time a cyclist gets run over AND the driver gets a minimal punishment, chances are I'd be posting here once a week

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2016/07/15/grace-harken-courtney-johnson-bicycle-crash-mitchell-county-iowa/87132140/

That is awful. In Colorado you can be charged with manslaughter for killing someone while driving, I think the minimum sentence is 1 year but you can get up to 12. 

12 hours ago, RandMart said:

10 hours ago, SevenofSeven said:

That kinda really does suck. What the fuck with the fine and suspension after killing someone? So texting is a perfect excuse to literally get away with murder. 

10 hours ago, MaladroitGrounder said:

That is awful. In Colorado you can be charged with manslaughter for killing someone while driving, I think the minimum sentence is 1 year but you can get up to 12. 

The woman who hit me (and would have killed me if an ambulance hadn't been sitting at the next junction) got 4 penalty points and a £300 fine.   No suspension, and she already had 7 points on her licence (you lose your licence if you get 12 points).  The cop who dealt with it was furious, but what can you say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

The woman who hit me (and would have killed me if an ambulance hadn't been sitting at the next junction) got 4 penalty points and a £300 fine.   No suspension, and she already had 7 points on her licence (you lose your licence if you get 12 points).  The cop who dealt with it was furious, but what can you say.

Holy shit Guzzi, that kinda beggers belief!

Wait! What............?

5 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Holy shit Guzzi, that kinda beggers belief!

A lot of people were outraged.  Me?  I'm not too bothered.  The fact that she already had points on her licence suggests that she perhaps should have had her licence taken away, but she wasn't drunk, wasn't on the phone, wasn't speeding.  She just wasn't paying 100% attention either.  I think/hope that the experience of nearly killing someone will be a better teacher than having her licence removed.  Who knows though.  She may have even rewritten events in her own mind to make me partially to blame. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2016 at 11:20 AM, Guzzi said:

Thanks Tank.  It's kinda funny, 6yo was over at our house again today playing in our garden with the other kids and I got the chance to ask her if she got trouble ("not that much" apparently) and why her mum was angry...  

She was angry because 3yo wasn't allowed in...

The thing is, in this day and age most people would be more worried that their 6yo daughter is hanging around with a couple in their 30s when their kids aren't even in the house! (Colin has joint custody of his 3) Not being offended because we won't let their 3yo daughter in too. :huh: 

It's really quite simple @Guzzi.  She's mad because you deprived her of free babysitting.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

15 hours ago, Raincloak said:

It's really quite simple @Guzzi.  She's mad because you deprived her of free babysitting.

Mawhahahahahahahaha!  :devilish:

sticker,375x360.png

Colin was working in the house today and since it's a nice day he had the front door open to let some fresh air in.  He slowly became aware of an odd noise coming from outside, like stones rattling of something metal....

He went out to investigate and guess what he saw????  3yo neighbour child throwing handfuls of stones at her daddy's car!  Great big handfuls, as much as she could carry at a time, throwing them over the bonnet and the roof, leaving great big scratches.  Then cleaning up and sweeping the stones off the car, leaving big gouges in the paint!  That's what you get if you leave a 3yo outside with no supervision for hours at a time. :P 

I would have laughed but I'm too nice.  Colin shouted at her to stop and I texted Angry Mother to let her know what had happened, mostly so that she didn't blame anyone else.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RandMart said:

Lightening is a present participle corresponding to the verb lighten, where to lighten is to make light or lighter. For example, we might say that a person who has been losing weight is lightening, or that an aging man’s hair is lightening to gray.

Lightning refers to an abrupt, discontinuous natural electric discharge in the atmosphere—i.e., the flash of light associated with thunder.

Jeezus, get it fucking straight, wouldja?

Weewoo weewoo weewoo! Grammar Natzi alert! :P

Much as I love your explanation I'm still perplexed as to who or what has caused your ire. Please, enlighten us. 

Oh, and loose/lose? Arrrrrrgh! :hopelessness:

• Like 1

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

On 27/07/2016 at 11:33 AM, Fearkiller said:

Ha! I finally know the difference between affect and effect!  "I saw a 4D film yeserday. The effect was brilliant but it was a bit much for my little brother, he was quite effected by it all."  Yaaaaaay! :lol: 

On 27/07/2016 at 2:08 PM, RandMart said:

Holy crap!!!!