Forums are back in action! ×

Open PvP - 13th July - Rangers vs TheWorld - 7 min Burpee AMRAP

No one is ever excited for burpees... but I think we're all pumped for a little bit of friend competition and inter-Guild rivalry.

Some good ole fashioned hard livin' never hurt anyone too badly. 

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

No one is ever excited for burpees...

False. I am nearly always excited for burpees.

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Well, you are the exception then.  You're also a broken man too, because only a broken man would be excited for burpees!

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

i mean, because.... Why not?

• Like 3

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

What about blood, sweat, and tears?

Can't be as bad as 7 minutes of wall balls. Right?

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Ugh that would be disgusting!

Oh it was. I think I did like 120 or something? After pushing my bodyweight on the prowler for 100 feet, and doing a mex set of pull ups... 

Burpees though, those I can do.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I created a tracking sheet here write your name in blood, sweat or tears :)

Blood, sweat, tears, or...

Edit: okay, why is my SpecialBBCode thingy not working?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Okay.  Who put the pee in burpee?

EDIT:  My current Challenge apparently revolves around Burpees and I am currently typing this message instead of doing my prescribed dose.  So count me in.  What do I need to do to sign up?

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Annoying isn't it?!

You need to get the link from the address bar not from right clicking the video and choosing get URL, then it works.

So use this URL instead: (without the BLAH's!)

BLAHhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzq1upNIgU&feature=youtu.beBLAH

Like this:

Okay.  Who put the pee in burpee?

EDIT:  My current Challenge apparently revolves around Burpees and I am currently typing this message instead of doing my prescribed dose.  So count me in.  What do I need to do to sign up?

Just sign up in the sheet which is linked in the first post of the PvP on page 1.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Annoying isn't it?!

You need to get the link from the address bar not from right clicking the video and choosing get URL, then it works.

Just sign up in the sheet which is linked in the first post of the PvP on page 1.

Okay.  Done.  4 Rangers and 1 Warrior so far.  I have not had much luck among the Warriors, so I will strive to represent the Warriors Guild with honor.

EDIT:  And thanks for explaining how to embed a you-tube video.  For the life of me, I could not figure that one out.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

I love Rory.  Always root for him during the Crossfit Open Boz versus Ro post-workout battles even though he's the perennial underdog.

Annoying isn't it?!

Like this:

Ooooooh, got it.

Thanks!

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Monks representing :) Good luck ladies

Does Machete know about this?

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

Hey guys, I just added myself to that list if that's ok,

How will I do? Only God, he knows. I haven't done a burpee in a long time.

I've wanted to participate in a PVP for a long time now. The competitor in me is rising as I type.

This will be great!

• Like 2

FearlesslyFree

HumanAssassin

[Level: 2 | STR 3.7 | DEX 1.8 | STA 2.8 | CON 3.7 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.8 ]

The Beginning The Journey Continues FearlesslyFree, Road to 20 Push ups

Current Challenge: FearlesslyFree Returns to Battle

John 5:22-24

Hey guys, I just added myself to that list if that's ok,

How will I do? Only God, he knows. I haven't done a burpee in a long time.

I've wanted to participate in a PVP for a long time now. The competitor in me is rising as I type.

This will be great!

Uh-oh an assassin, yikes! :ph34r:

Welcome! Going to be a fun PvP :)

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

This is shaping up to be quite the PVP challenge, and there's still time for more folks to show up.  It'll be like the Crossfit Open workout all over again!

• Like 2