Forums are back in action! ×

I'm playing SWTOR or doing ANYTHING just to keep from having to actually do the accounting in my own life, so I am sandbagging my personal finance course.

I need to grow up and be a man about my finances. Using the force (just saving) is not enough, I need to start investing, review insurance, adjust my 401k, all that stuff.

Middle Age Mutant Ninja Panda

Monk Level 13, Epic Quest Level 3

Academy Class Achievements: General=21, Academy=12, Ranger=11, Warrior=8, Scout=14, Assassin=15, Monk 7, Druid 8, Adventurer 29,

consider yourself yelled at!

SWTOR is a nice game though, I've spent way to many hours there.

Don't try to change your life around all at once.  Pick some silly little thing and start doing that first and once that has become a habbit, pick another one.  If you try to do to much at once, chances are you'll fail at everything.

babysteps & small victories

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

make a list of the adulting things you need to do.  Then (maybe) prioritize them.  And then just work through your list - one at a time

tumblr_ms9mftB4SW1rvfy6do1_500.gif

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I'm really insecure when it comes to investing my 401k because I simply don't know enough about all the funds and don't really want to spend the time following them on a daily basis. So I stuck my money in a target fund which takes the level of risk you're willing to take and bumps it up against your age (Riskier the younger you are as you have more time to play the investing game). It adjusts it for you as you get older and hit major age benchmarks. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both