Forums are back in action! ×

You can talk the talk... [Open PvP 8th June - 19th July]

That does sound fun! I wish I could go running at night, but the park I usually go to closes at sunset and I live in the city so instead of dodging sprinklers, I'd be dodging the homeless and drug dealers. Meh.

Lol. Yeah n some of them drug dealers be fast so no night park runs for you...  :unsure: 

I'm down under in Oz, it's the bleak mid winter here!!

I love winter here, although it is cold. I'm enjoying walking at any time of day and not having to get lathered up in sunscreen!

Soooo jealous. All that snow is calling my name......

So I've seriously been slacking -got lost in reading a bunch of books this week. Gonna hit it hard this weekend though to make up for my laziness. 

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

Had a PR for my walk this morning 16 minute and 52 seconds for one mile. Despite my whining about hating the treadmill while I was in Arizona, it did give me a good feel for how fast I need to walk to keep it at 3.5 mph even while I was walking in my neighborhood.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Had a PR for my walk this morning 16 minute and 52 seconds for one mile. Despite my whining about hating the treadmill while I was in Arizona, it did give me a good feel for how fast I need to walk to keep it at 3.5 mph even while I was walking in my neighborhood.

Hmm, harder for me to judge my walking speed as I usually have the dog with me and he likes to stop and sniff as often as he's allowed! Usually takes me about 75 - 90 mins for 6km's. Best case that's about 5km/h which is 3m/h, actually that's not too bad with the pooch in tow.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Hmm, harder for me to judge my walking speed as I usually have the dog with me and he likes to stop and sniff as often as he's allowed! Usually takes me about 75 - 90 mins for 6km's. Best case that's about 5km/h which is 3m/h, actually that's not too bad with the pooch in tow.

Yeah, that's pretty good. You  are probably walking faster than that at times, since you have times where you are just stopped. I'm a slow walker, as I tend to daydream and walk slower. Which is fine, but I wanted my 1 mile walk in the morning to be more cardio.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Actually that's why i love walking, great time to think things over or chat with my wife about things. When you're home and there's things to do or the tv is on you don't get the same quality of conversation as a walk ;)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I feel that way too. I think it clears your head of anxiety or just daily hum-drum and allows the more creative/contemplative side to take over, especially for me if I'm walking or running in a forest or near water. 

How's everyone doing so far this week? I noticed it seems everyone's getting in a lot of miles pretty quickly as compared to the last pvp challenge so we must be feeling either exceptionally enthusiastic, super focused or maybe we're just being chased by zombies...either way go team go  :playful: 

• Like 2

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

I feel that way too. I think it clears your head of anxiety or just daily hum-drum and allows the more creative/contemplative side to take over, especially for me if I'm walking or running in a forest or near water. 

How's everyone doing so far this week? I noticed it seems everyone's getting in a lot of miles pretty quickly as compared to the last pvp challenge so we must be feeling either exceptionally enthusiastic, super focused or maybe we're just being chased by zombies...either way go team go  :playful: 

Finally stopped raining this weekend and we've had 2 sunny days so I got some good walks in, 12km's today, my pooch is lying in his bed issuing contented grumbling and deep sighs every now and again :)

Behind on my Titanium mileage though, gotta try to step it up this week, going to be tough as I'm commuting all week.

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Finally stopped raining this weekend and we've had 2 sunny days so I got some good walks in, 12km's today, my pooch is lying in his bed issuing contented grumbling and deep sighs every now and again :)

That's one of my biggest rewards for walking, knowing they're blissfully tired -plus it's nice to know your taking care of their health and yours. Mine always gets super snuggly if she's all tuckered out.  ^_^  Sucks to commute though. Sorry :/

• Like 1

Ninja Assassin

Another 6km this morning, aiming for a big week, hoping for 50km this week to get me back on target.

Also dropped a kg off my weight last week and the only thing that changed was more walking, such a great fat loss tool.

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 2 Summary:

Copper (16 miles)

Jcsimmons :panda:  (fitbit)

Lightning  :panda: (fitbit)

NeverThatBored  :panda:  <--new this week!

Elastigirl :panda:  <--new this week!

nerdgettingfit  :panda:  <--new this week!

Bronze (31 miles)

Endor  :orange:   <--new this week!

Nnimn  :orange:  <--new this week!

wockerjabi :orange: <--new this week!

silvershadows :orange:  <--new this week!

Team miles: 292

We're trucking along well, keep up the good work team ;)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm behind where I'd like to be so I'm ramping up for lots of walking this week!

I think it's mostly replaced sugar as something I need for stress relief, which is rather exciting. :) 

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'm behind where I'd like to be so I'm ramping up for lots of walking this week!

I think it's mostly replaced sugar as something I need for stress relief, which is rather exciting. :)

And that's the point when it becomes sustainable  :positive: That's awesome. I'm behind a bit myself and I leave for a big trip soon so I'm gonna try to pull a fair amount the next couple days as well, gotta keep up our momentum  B)

• Like 1

Ninja Assassin

Awesome job everyone! Now onwards to week 3!

Week 3 has started well, 24km's in 2 days, 18 of which have been in the dark, was freeeezzzzing my nuts off at 5.30am this morning but they're in the books!!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Points for getting up that early especially in winter. Holy cow. And definitely hats off to your wife for going with you :D

So i've managed to get in 8 miles yesterday and 4 today. I'm still behind a bit but I'll hopefully catch up these next few days. I've been taking my little cousin with me and she is so cute -she's 3 and does my stretches with me and wants me to go faster when she's in the stroller. Im pretty sure she is half the reason I log so many miles even though it's sweltering. :P

• Like 3

Ninja Assassin

Points for getting up that early especially in winter. Holy cow. And definitely hats off to your wife for going with you :D

So i've managed to get in 8 miles yesterday and 4 today. I'm still behind a bit but I'll hopefully catch up these next few days. I've been taking my little cousin with me and she is so cute -she's 3 and does my stretches with me and wants me to go faster when she's in the stroller. Im pretty sure she is half the reason I log so many miles even though it's sweltering. :tongue:

Your own little cheer squad, how cool is that?! :)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 3 Summary:

Copper (16 miles)

Lightning  :panda: (fitbit)

NeverThatBored  :panda:

nerdgettingfit  :panda:

Bronze (31 miles)

Nnimn  :orange:

wockerjabi :orange:

silvershadows :orange:

JCSimmons :orange:  <--new this week!

Elastigirl :orange:  <--new this week!

Silver (62 miles)

Endor  :cool-new:   <--new this week!

Team Miles:   411.3

Couple of new medals this week :D Great team mileage going on too, well done everyone. Couple people are right on the border of medals and will ding this week I'm sure

Week 4 coming up, this is typically the tough week so turn it on, get out there clocking miles early in the week if possible and keep your momentum rolling!  

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm on track to hit silver, but since I hit 100 miles total last time I'm kind of feeling like I should step up my game and try to hit 100 again. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'm on track to hit silver, but since I hit 100 miles total last time I'm kind of feeling like I should step up my game and try to hit 100 again.  

You should do it, IMHO :playful:  We'll support you n try to help keep ya motivated! (that is, as long as it doesn't make you over-exert yourself insanely) Plus it'd be awesome if you can do it even though it's a stretch -the accomplishment is that much more satisfying. :positive:  :positive: 

Speaking of exertion going to an ASL convention last weekend put my behing quite a bit so I'm trying to walk in the morn and evening to catch up. You guys are crazy with all the miles you've logged so far -and it's keeping me motivated hugely so "go team"  :pride: Now if only I could get the blasted heat to abate just a smidge....

• Like 2

Ninja Assassin

So I've been MIA from the forums for the past week since I've been busy moving out of my apartment. Most of my challenge is shot now and I'll have to focus a lot to catch back up.

However.

I have also been getting a lot of walking in. Probably not as much as everyone else (scrolling through the posts, it looks like you all have been doing awesome!), but I'm excited to tally it up and get back on the scoreboard.

• Like 3

[Currently training for the Hunger Games]

Captain's (Battle) Log • Challenge Log