Forums are back in action! ×

CHRONOLOGICALLY BLESSED

I'm shopping for a new car (my first ever brand new car).  Being "old" is when you can remember when getting all the options meant both FM radio and air conditioning.

Now options mean I have to decide if I want my car to be able to beep at me if I'm changing lanes w/o a turn signal and have my rear door (SUV) open electrically cause humans are now apparently so lazy we can't open the door w/ our arms.

The lane change thing is probably a good idea because finding a radio station and setting the volume on one car I'm looking is more distracting that trying to type in an overseas phone number of a cell phone w/ a flip screen.  Plus, having a giant window on the top a car so I can watch the clouds while I drive around is now almost standard.

Looking at new cars, I'm convinced the Engineers mantra is true:

If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

And I'm an engineer.

• Like 6

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

The lane change thing is very nice. But test the blue tooth functionality thoroughly. On off, switching between calls and radio, etc.

I sit tall, so I find sun roofs irritating. Course being bald effects that as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

On our vacation, we got a free upgrade to a Mustang. It was awesome, but even by the week's end we still hadn't figured out all the buttons on the touchscreen.:D

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I've had my new car for about two years now and I'm still finding things I didn't know it did. And some things still seem complicated. This is my second new car, but it's my first where we actually got most of the extras.

I bought my first new car in 1989, got rid of it about a year ago (after I hit a parked car, first accident EVER that was my fault).  We bought my wife a new car at that time, and I got her old car (hey, it's new for me, it's only 10 years old and has 102K miles).

Comparing a 1989 Mustang with a 2006 Jeep and a 2015 Edge is quite a techno shock.  Cassette to CD to satellite radio, no air bags to front airbags to everywhere airbags.  

• Like 1
So tired, quick update - I took 2 weeks off the contraceptive pill so they could check my blood - good news, I'm post menopause - bad news, 2 weeks off the pill has brought all the hot flushes and insomnia back, despite being back on the pill for 4 weeks.

Dr has moved me over/down to HRT instead of the pill and I have another appt for 3 weeks time - it looks like there will be a long slow trial and error process ahead to see what works for me though. Being this tired (I've been up since 3am) means I can't think much about what I'm eating and I'm craving carbs. I mentioned fat to the Dr and she said they reccomend Weightwatchers, fuck that sideways with a stick.

She said do you exercise, I said I walk daily and I'm still rehabbing my rotator cuff so I do light lifting every other day, deadlifiting lighter weight seems to help my back and posture- she looked at my (toned!) arms rather suspiciously!

So, first step is to get my hormones at a level so I can sleep, then I can sort my eating out but from what I am reading fat stores oestragen and my body is screaming for lack of ostragen right now, losing weight won't help me feel better.

Any advice, experiences etc. would be welcome.

Hello Scumspawn, and hello all, I've not been around for a while.

I hope that the HRT makes you feel better very soon. I've got the opposite - nearly 51, no menopause in sight yet, impossible to manage flooding periods. Have had to go on the contraceptive pill for a few weeks as otherwise I wouldn't be able to do half-marathon on 8 May. Doctors want me to have a Mirena coil as a healthier longterm solution.

I hope that the HRT makes you feel better very soon. I've got the opposite - nearly 51, no menopause in sight yet, impossible to manage flooding periods. Have had to go on the contraceptive pill for a few weeks as otherwise I wouldn't be able to do half-marathon on 8 May. Doctors want me to have a Mirena coil as a healthier longterm solution.

oh you poor thing, that is not fair at all. The mirena seems a bit marmite - either it really works or people hate it so it's worth a go - I know I hate coils so it's not for me.
The HRT is ok, sleep is crap but the hot flushes are getting easier so I have high hopes it will be ok soon. Had a random bout of crying earlier, spent all day with babies, and although I don't actually like babies much it made me feel very sad, like my life is over, which is crap because i'm probably only half way through.

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

and I think you are amazing for doing a marathon with all that going on!

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Ugh, sorry. I dealt with that for a few year, it is miserable.  Make sure and eat a bunch of red meat and, even better than that is liver, to help with anemia. If you get anemic, that can cause more blood loss, and then you get more anemic, and it is a really viscious cycle. Dr's always advise  iron pills and greens, which are good,but really the best source of iron is read meat. I also stopped eating and drinking soy, and that helped. I hope you find a good longterm solution.

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ugh, sorry. I dealt with that for a few year, it is miserable.  Make sure and eat a bunch of red meat and, even better than that is liver, to help with anemia. If you get anemic, that can cause more blood loss, and then you get more anemic, and it is a really viscious cycle. Dr's always advise  iron pills and greens, which are good,but really the best source of iron is read meat. I also stopped eating and drinking soy, and that helped. I hope you find a good longterm solution.

I went through it too.  AND .... I did my half-marathon during that year.  Surgery finally fixed the issue, but at one point they wanted to hospitalize me because my hemoglobin was so low.  

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Only a half-marathon thank goodness!

Oh in that case, that's easy :-)

ha! I can barely run to the end of the street at the moment, huge respect to you!

I had 9 hours sleep last night!!!!! 9 hours! I feel quite groggy and as though I could do with another 9. But it's way better than 4 hours then 5 hours of throwing the covers on and off and trying to get back to sleep.

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Oh in that case, that's easy :-)

ha! I can barely run to the end of the street at the moment, huge respect to you!

I had 9 hours sleep last night!!!!! 9 hours! I feel quite groggy and as though I could do with another 9. But it's way better than 4 hours then 5 hours of throwing the covers on and off and trying to get back to sleep.

Hooray, hope it is just the first of many good sleeps

Hooray, hope it is just the first of many good sleeps

If I could get consistently good sleep it would be radically life changing. Apart from the odd bit of gentle lifting I'm doing no exercise at all right now, and I'm really too tired to meal plan properly so I'm eating whatever is easy - pasta and potatos.... oh, and biscuits. With decent sleep I will really be able to sort all this out but at the moment it's all too much.

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

When any of the young'uns find this thread...it's going to read like a horror show.

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

They do say that growing old is not for the faint hearted...........or weak.........or young or something like that..........my memory is not what it was......:glee:

Had to go get my glasses so I could read this.

• Like 4

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

this growing old stuff is bollocks! I went to pick up a bag of gravel, couldn't be more than 10k and click, my back went.

argggghhhhhhhhhhh

I'm ignoring the other bags of gravel and resting my back, is that the best idea?

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

They do say that growing old is not for the faint hearted...........or weak.........or young or something like that..........my memory is not what it was......:glee:

They say the memory is the second thing to go.

Can't remember what the first thing is...

• Like 3

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Could you people type larger, I need to get my reading glasses

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aneralled the level 6 Hound Archon, Warrior-Druid 

STR 11|DEX 4|CON 8.5|STA 10.5|WIS 4.5|CHA 4.5

I am a Nerd Fitness Rebel,       I don’t compare myself to others,        I know I impact those around me 
  and today is the first day            only to myself from yesterday.            with my actions, and so I must 
  of the rest of my life.                I shall not brag about successes           move forward, every day. 
I shall make no excuses               nor complain about my struggles,    I acknowledge fear, doubt, and
  and hold no grudges.                 but share my experiences and           despair, but I do not let them
I care not where I came from,       help my fellow Rebels.                        defeat me. I pledge my life and
  only where I am going.                                                                              honor for the Rebellion, for 
                                                                                                                         this day and all the days to come. 

HAVE THE VISITORS ARRIVED?

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%