Forums are back in action! ×

The nerdist thing you do?

Nerdiest thing I do, or did in this case (no longer have the time)... e-Wrestling.

It's a combination of roleplaying and creative writing, I guess, but in a pro wrestling scenario. Handlers create their characters and write promos for them, and fed heads (people who effectively run the game/world) produce shows composed of promos and matches between characters. Back in ye olde internette days when I started playing (1996), there was more of a competitive element to it with very little co-operation between handlers - often it was as simple as best roleplayer would win. As the years went on, the standard and maturity of players/writing got better, and handlers worked together, generally under the supervision of fed heads, to create more interesting and engrossing storylines between their characters. Some of the finished products nowadays could rival actual wrestling tv shows, were they to transfer over, certainly in terms of imagination and quality.

So yeah. Redface.

That is pretty nerdy but way way way back in the day I was a wrestler :)  With ISW in California and later CWW in the Boston area :)

You guys are awesome.

I've always wanted to be in the SCA! Bad thing is i've never lived anywhere with an active chapter. There was one set up in Oki about a year after I left, and there was one near me at one point in time, but they havent updated anything since like 2012/2013 :(

I'm pretty lucky in that considering I'm from Perth, West Aus I'd expect there to be no groups but at one point we had three active ones.

Most groups are more active on Facebook than on their websites I've found.

• Like 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

I've always wanted to be in the SCA! Bad thing is i've never lived anywhere with an active chapter. There was one set up in Oki about a year after I left, and there was one near me at one point in time, but they havent updated anything since like 2012/2013 :(

How about starting your own chapter?

My nerdiest thing is reading Warhammer 40k books without ever having played the tabletop game. Yeah I know my Nerdscore is pretty low.

• Like 1

Nerdiest thing I've ever done? I've played Warhammer fantasy battle with my bros, recently got into comic books, attended 2 free comic book day, got out of Yu-Gi-Oh!, and attended concerts conducted by Nubuo Uematsu

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I listen to decade old nerd-core hip-hop during my workouts. I've even written some of my own but it's pretty shotty.

Like mc frontalot and Kirby kraclle? Cause I love those guys, if you got any of your stuff recorded post a link.

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

Front, Lars, and Chris all-star my playlist but I've mixed in some Spose, Mac Lethal, and others. Nothing of mine is recorded, but one day maybe. Its all really simple stuff based on marching cadence rhythms.

Post some MP4s I would love to hear it

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

That's something I've always wanted to do, but the cosplays I'd choose would be incredibly cumbersome for a mud run.  

-----------------------------

As for me, probably the nerdiest thing I do is actual martial arts training with lightsabers.  

Yup, I'm an Apprentice with the Terra Prime Light Armory.   :D  It's fun and [almost] totally realistic.  

Awesome to see someone from the TPLA here! I haven't been involved in the saber community too much recently but I used to post as 4StringJedi on the Ultrasbers forum and TaoGrayspeed on the Saberwars forum quite a lot  :joyous:

• Like 2

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

Awesome to see someone from the TPLA here! I haven't been involved in the saber community too much recently but I used to post as 4StringJedi on the Ultrasbers forum and TaoGrayspeed on the Saberwars forum quite a lot  :joyous:

Woot!  Great to see you here too!  Feel free to take a look at TPLA on Facebook.  They've mostly moved away from the manufacturers websites into their own place finally.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So I finally got in contact with the local SCA chapter I'm going to an event next week to do a meet and greet W00T!!

• Like 3

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

So I finally got in contact with the local SCA chapter I'm going to an event next week to do a meet and greet W00T!!

Yay!!!! Your closest group is the Canton of Sudentorre, correct? I'm only stalking you a little... promise.

If you ever wanna talk SCA-nerd things, feel free to drop me a line. I love hearing about SCA experiences outside of Lochac.

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Yay!!!! Your closest group is the Canton of Sudentorre, correct? I'm only stalking you a little... promise.

If you ever wanna talk SCA-nerd things, feel free to drop me a line. I love hearing about SCA experiences outside of Lochac.

Yes, I would be part of Suddentorre. A while back I went searching through their site which didn't look to be updated since 2013 found a FB closed group and tried to join. Last week I was accepted and I finally worked up my 20 seconds of courage to see what events were going going on, turns out it is quite an active group that just doesn't really update their website too frequently. (Or at least that is my current impression)

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Wanted to try larp-ing ever since I saw an episode of it on Supernatural,,,no such luck here in Indonesia to celebrate nerd-isms(?).

I dont cosplay though..I have friends who do, but I never got into it. Something about acting as someone/something else that stops me from doing so.

Which is why I find larp-ing interesting...its like you are you but with foam swords and smacking each other. I do smack people in Kendo and with a bamboo stick too..but its in a serious settings so yeah...

I have toy figurines if that counts towards nerd cred...I was so into Power Rangers..and still do but when I moved overseas for studies, my child collection of MMPR toys somehow got into mom's "To donate" :hopelessness:

My interests are asian arts weapons..and actually do practice one of them (Kendo).

It has always been a grey area for me...I feel that its not that nerd-y but not that sport-y either. :confused:

Samurais...they are very interesting to me..and many great lessons to learn from. (and in a fighting game...they make great victory one-liners too :highly_amused: )

Below shows my collection..and there are still more books on Samurais not shown in the picture.

20150826 204350 1[1]

• Like 1

I work in a lab, make my own costumes for cosplay, and am doing a masters degree...so, yeah :)

What kind of lab and what kind of Cosplay, and are you off to Dragon Con nest week?

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

post-42615-0-06632400-1440903877_thumb.j

Here is my pic with the crew, I am cosplaying as Batroc wearing a phil coulson badge trying to infiltrate shield

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge