Forums are back in action! ×

4 months ago I started my first Nerd Fitness challenge, I was so excited to go and nothing was going to stop me. I had lots of people supporting me on the forums and checking in with me often, it was great. But I kept getting sick and having to stop. I would get better briefly and get sick again. Turns out I was pregnant (something we were working on, so its a good thing!), unfortunately I lost my baby. This took me into a deep depression from which I thought I would never return. Lucky me, I did only to be cursed with 2 more miscarriages. FML, seriously. I am one week since recovering from my last one and have decided its time to stop feeling sorry for myself and focus on something other than having a baby. 

So here's my quest list for the next 30 days. I figure I better start small. 

-log a minimum of 10k steps on my fitbit daily

-workout 3x per week doing the Strong Curves beginner routine preferably at the gym but I will do the body weight at home routine when I can't make it

-log my food intake daily on my fitness pal and stay within my calorie goals as I do so

-update this post once a week or more to track progress

I am so sorry for your loss. There is very little as heartbreaking as what you are going through.

Starting small is a good idea, you have four very solid, measurable goals and a good way to get back into the groove. I wish it were under better circumstances but welcome back.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks everyone! Day one went well. I was so used to not wearing my Fitbit that by 5pm I realized I hadn't been wearing it all day! Not to be outdone on day one, I slapped that baby on and headed out the door. It was a cool 98 here on Arizona but I got all 10k steps and 10 flights. I logged all my food and had 438 calories to spare.

• Like 5

Wow, I'm so sorry for your losses. It takes a lot of strength to get yourself moving again after something like that. I'm rooting for you!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Thanks! So far so good. Tuesday I didn't get to the gym so I did my at home bodyweight workout, my husband even joined me for it :) Thursday I did make it to the gym so I got my workout in and ran 2 miles on the track as well. Every day I get about 5-6k steps chasing my toddler around the house and then I go for a jog after she goes to bed to ensure I get all of my steps. 

As far as my food goes, I'm staying under my 1700 calorie limit but I am probably not eating the best things. So I know I am getting much less food because I keep choosing high calorie stuff and drinking a ton of calories. My biggest eye opener: the tea I order at starbucks is 0 calories. they offered to sweeten it so I said yes, 155 calories! No more sweetener thanks. Today is grocery day, so I think moving forward I will do much better here.

All in all, a strong 4 days. 26 more to go and hopefully never looking back after that!

Q9U7nH2.jpg

• Like 3

I  just wanted to say that today was a particularly good day. I got in 3 miles and a full workout, then took my daughter swimming afterwards, which is a whole workout in its own as its like dragging a 25lb kettlebell back and forth across the pool all afternoon lol. 

Friday I didn't meet any of my goals. I need to plan my Fridays better because my D&D group gets together right when I would normally run, so in order for me to make my 10k I need to have it done beforehand. Its been 115-117 here all week so going outside to do it is impossible. Maybe I can talk my husband into an extra long lunch so I can sneak away to the gym, he works from home so its kind of nice to be able to rely on him to care for our mini-nerd.

• Like 3

Week 2 check-in! All is well, I went to the gym on tuesday and thursday. I'll be going back tomorrow for my 3rd workout. I increased my lat pulldown from 55lbs to 70lbs this week and my military press from the 12 to the 15lb dumbells. I added an inch to my step in my steps ups as well. Last week after I worked out I wasn't very sore, this week I'm definitely feeling it, so I'm glad I made things a little harder. My gym got "battle ropes" so I added them to one of my workouts, it seemed easy enough but so far I can only get about 25 seconds in lol.

I have lost three lbs since I started. I think I could have done more if I could just keep my eating under control. Being a stay at home mom makes it super easy to get my steps and workouts in but it definitely is hard having a kitchen in my face all day long, I snack far too much! I already meal prep all of my lunches so next time I shop I'm going to prep snacks too, like one pack I can pull from all day and when its gone, snacks are done.

• Like 4

It sounds like you're making some really amazing progress in such a short time! What in the world are battle ropes? The name sure sounds impressive. 

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

Checking in! I am still here! Still on my wagon. In fact, I increased my workouts from 3-4 days a week last week and hopefully going forward. I have been doing really well with food, meal prep helps a LOT. It also makes it easier to feed my family and keep my kitchen clean lol. 10 more days and I will chalk this up as an official respawn and move on to battle logs! I am ready.

• Like 3

That's fantastic! Meal prep is definitely the key to eating well.

Alright friends. 30 days has come and gone. 4 weeks isn't very long when you really think about it. But I am so glad I choose this bite size moment in time to get back on track! I have been hitting the gym 4 days a week for 3 weeks in a row now and I look forward to it every time. I haven't lost a single pound, which is a little annoying, but I know its because I haven't gotten my calories under control. I do good all week and then the weekend hits and I end up with 3 cheat days lol. Despite the non weight loss I am happy to report significant body changes, mainly that my waist and thighs are much smaller and my clothes are fitting much more comfortably. Last night my husband commented on my back muscles every time he caught a glimpse of my back, which really made me feel good. I am officially respawned. Thanks for everyone that stopped in to give a little encouragement, having this post to hold myself accountable really helped.

• Like 3

Will you be participating in the upcoming challenge?