Forums are back in action! ×

Pets

Leafa

Anyone have any pets?

We have a cat in the house but he's technically my roommates, though he comes to all of us for food and attention.

I have a pair of goldfish I bought in June for a school project, and it seems I'm a good fish owner! They had ammonia burns for a while but after making sure I switched out 10% of the water every day, it eventually disappeared. Now i'm thinking I'm too good, they're healthy and growing bigger and will probably need a bigger tank by Christmas which I may not be able to afford, I don't know what to do haha. 

I love rodents, I'd love to have a rat, a ferret, or a bunny. I'll probably go for a mouse sometime soon. I'm a bit wary about keeping a mouse in the same place as a cat but I think as long as I keep the study room off limits to the cat, it should be fine. He's paid no attention to my fish though, maybe he doesn't know how to hunt.

I have a rabbit named Houdini, and I have to say he is smarter then I would have ever given a rabbit credit for. He constantly figures out how to escape from his cage (either pushes his hutch against the side to give him a jumping boost over the fence, or finds out how to unlatch the cage). Needless to say, we aptly named him...But if you want a rabbit, make sure you bunny-proof your apartment. I've heard of a few ex-rabbit owners that left cables in the open, soon after they were chinese-food owners...

"Рон, мÑтежный, проÑит бури, kак будто в бурÑÑ… еÑÑ‚ÑŒ покой!" - Mikhail Lermontov

Guppy called Bruce.

Weiro called Gandalf

Scaly Breasted Lorrikeet called Peetree

2x Goats called Owen and Kevin

Dog called Lilly (ridgeback/staffy/whippet cross)

All like being handled except Bruce, he kinda like his watery environment.

I get it, an Australian with a guppy!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Three cats. I don't have pictures because that would make me the weird cat guy...

Pandora is a grey tabby - a rescue kitten

Jack is a ginger tabby - a rescue kitten

Soxie a black and white - our neighbors abandoned cat that adopted us.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

14 corn snakes

2 boa constrictors

1 costal carpet python

1 Bredl's python

1 ball python

1 reticulated python

40(ish) rats

200(ish) mice

1 very hairy boyfriend

Do I win? [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk which is a pile of shite

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Rest well, Bruce! I lost my gorgeous pleco recently to my Oscars, those fiends! His name was Plecky. The Oscars don't have names beyond The Fat One/The Big White One, and The Black One. We have another tank of mollies, guppies, crabs, some other things....I can't remember since I haven't been home for months. We had a lot more cool things in that little tank that died when the heater broke. There's also a Chinese algae eater in with the Oscars, but he grew up with them so they leave him alone.

We had 2 cat rescues but gave one cat to a friend when his cat died of old age (they looked similar and had similar personalities). Her name was Avi but we called her Fatty and that's what she responds to. The cat we still have, her name is Aeris but we only call her Fluffy and that's what she responds to. She's very fluffy and we are good at naming things.

We have 2 rescue dogs (from Craigslist...from different people at different times) and we let them keep their names since they already knew them. Charlie is a black lab/dachshund mix and Lilly is a golden retriever/basset hound mix.

We raise mealworms for Oscar food and would get into rabbitry (for food) if we didn't leave for the weekend so frequently.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

We have two dogs, a yellow lab (Sandy) and a german shepherd (Holly). The lab is the brains of the outfit. Also have a kitty cat, Milo, who's quite possibly loves people more than the dogs. There may be another cat in our near future (in June, my partner bought another motorcycle, so he has 3 now. I told him he only gets to have two at a time due to space restrictions, or I was going to get another cat. We settled on the very relaxed deadline of Thanksgiving for him to get rid of one of them (which he hasn't ridden in 3+ years >.>) and well, let's just say I'm not nagging him about it too much right now, heh). We also have a saltwater fish tank that currently has a bunch of small hermit crabs, at least one emerald crab, a cleaner shrimp, a Blue Velvet damsel we named Gustav, and a Clown Fish named Bob. Except Gustav is kind of being a jerk to Bob, so I might have to relegate him to a breeder box >.>

ec36f727-4764-45bc-8ef8-c658c3788a16_zpsf95d84e3-c660-45ad-ad0e-e27b328d1112_zpsb7d81e66-4977-4f60-bc6e-445cc0ecf99a_zps

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%