Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Also, I did something awesome last night. I was at the toilet relieving myself of bladdery fluids and just let go. No hands.

If the man council agrees with it, I'd like to propose this act to be the required ritual for obtaining a man card.

Pffft. I do that a lot. It means I have both hands free for the iPhone...

Dancing away anger often works for me, actually. I can't speak for getting under someone else - it's been too damned long for me to remember.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Guest Snake McClain
Pffft. I do that a lot. It means I have both hands free for the iPhone...

Dancing away anger often works for me, actually. I can't speak for getting under someone else - it's been too damned long for me to remember.

I'm coming to England. we're getting dates.

EDIT: I hear a gay friend is a great wingman!

...or you go to the gym and start putting large weights up and down. Guaranteed PRs.

Also, I did something awesome last night. I was at the toilet relieving myself of bladdery fluids and just let go. No hands.

If the man council agrees with it, I'd like to propose this act to be the required ritual for obtaining a man card.

...You mean hands free isn't standard practice? :confused:

i second both of these ideas.

Thirded.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Guest Snake McClain
There currently isn't an option to get your card punched. Should we get one?

maybe instead someone will just punch us and if we can take the punch we are more manly...?

Thirded.

:D

maybe instead someone will just punch us and if we can take the punch we are more manly...?

Perhaps a slap instead?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5329[/ATTACH]

post-5025-13567244857527_thumb.jpg

post-5025-13567244857527_thumb.jpg

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

200 yards standing and sitting, 300 yards prone rapid fire, and 600 yards prone slowfire all with iron sights. It was a blast!

Whoah... Very nice!

Digits, I hereby hand in my man card just for admitting this. But, I fear that I may be a *shudder* hipster...

I went to the county fair to meet a few friends of mine and the first thing the girl does after running up a giving me a hug was say "I see your rocking the skinny jeans." Note, I'm not wearing skinnies, they were "slim straight legs". My calves are too big for skinnies...

Then later we were sitting eating and talking and a bunch of high schoolers that think they're "G" walk by and the guy I'm hanging with goes "Is it sad that I see high school kids and just want to kill them?" and after getting an explanation I finish with "You know who I hate? Hipsters." and just get 2 pair of eyes looking straight at me. I look at me and see I'm wearing a dark grey thin knit hoodie, black slim pants (that I guess can easily be confused with skinny jeans), a grey newsboy style cap and black aviators. My personal taste is that of a hipster! And the worst thing, the only hair on my head is a beard. Not an "ironic beard," I just look damn good in a beard. Men, I request a mercy killing before I spread the disease...

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Whoah... Very nice!

Digits, I hereby hand in my man card just for admitting this. But, I fear that I may be a *shudder* hipster...

I went to the county fair to meet a few friends of mine and the first thing the girl does after running up a giving me a hug was say "I see your rocking the skinny jeans." Note, I'm not wearing skinnies, they were "slim straight legs". My calves are too big for skinnies...

Then later we were sitting eating and talking and a bunch of high schoolers that think they're "G" walk by and the guy I'm hanging with goes "Is it sad that I see high school kids and just want to kill them?" and after getting an explanation I finish with "You know who I hate? Hipsters." and just get 2 pair of eyes looking straight at me. I look at me and see I'm wearing a dark grey thin knit hoodie, black slim pants (that I guess can easily be confused with skinny jeans), a grey newsboy style cap and black aviators. My personal taste is that of a hipster! And the worst thing, the only hair on my head is a beard. Not an "ironic beard," I just look damn good in a beard. Men, I request a mercy killing before I spread the disease...

We knew it would come to this.

Boondock-Saints-Prayer.jpg

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Good job, Smedly!

As for Chipmunk, the man council will have to decide that, since you aren't intentionally being a hipster, expressing your dislike from them.

Those in favour of Chipmunk turning in his man card say: "Bewbs!"

Those in favour of Chipmunk keeping his man card say: "Butts!"

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

But, I fear that I may be a *shudder* hipster...

My personal taste is that of a hipster!

Here is an easy way to check...http://www.jeffgreenspan.com/project.php?cat=1&subcat=&pid=61&psubid=3

If you feel yourself reaching for any of the items...well that's not good news.

I've been wearing flannel shirts since I was 16. They are warm, comfortable and durable. Now they are in style and I am not happy about it. :)

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Here is an easy way to check...http://www.jeffgreenspan.com/project.php?cat=1&subcat=&pid=61&psubid=3

If you feel yourself reaching for any of the items...well that's not good news.

I've been wearing flannel shirts since I was 16. They are warm, comfortable and durable. Now they are in style and I am not happy about it. :)

What if the item I want most is the bear trap?

Level 1 Woodwose

Good job, Smedly!

As for Chipmunk, the man council will have to decide that, since you aren't intentionally being a hipster, expressing your dislike from them.

Those in favour of Chipmunk turning in his man card say: "Bewbs!"

Those in favour of Chipmunk keeping his man card say: "Butts!"

Butts! (though I'm a bewbs guy at heart).

I'm going to go with bewbs unless of course he gives us an acceptable mandate within the next 72 hours.

What kind of mandate are you asking for?

I just ordered these two babies. Hoping they come in soon. 1 and 2

My favorite thing about it is, I'm getting 2 handguns shipped straight to my door. No need to deal with a FFL or dealer or anything

Level 1 Woodwose

Guest Snake McClain
200 yards standing and sitting, 300 yards prone rapid fire, and 600 yards prone slowfire all with iron sights. It was a blast!

that is pretty freaking amazing! you need to try and get on the show TOP SHOT! seriously.

Whoah... Very nice!

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a hipster in my opinion. To be honest. As long as you aren't trying to be better than other people. I say dress how you want to dress. Talk how you want to talk. But treat everybody with respect. period. Hang on to that man card because you are just being who you are.

So my lady issue...the one i was seeing. we called it off. then decided we'd have one more date this past saturday. well i cancelled because i was just sort of upset with her about some stuff. hard to explain here without a lot of exposition. Then i ended up working 40 of the 48 hours of the weekend (friday and saturday) with only two hours of sleep. yeah. rough. okay so then some stuff happened that really really really upset me. So i try to call her and stuff (stuff with her that upset me...made me sad) and i decide since i can't get a hold of her and i cancelled our date and this and that...you know what FUCK IT i am just going to go over to her house (although un-invited) and i'm going to do this right. we are going to have a talk and it is going to be completely over right now or carry on and move forward. Some of the "stuff that happened" was her questioning whether i just wanted female attention or if i wanted her. So i went to prove to her that if i wanted female attention i can get it anywhere and that she is the one I want. I went on and basically professed my love to her and made my feelings and intentions very clear. so we have come to an agreement and we are going to continue to see each other. she still won't be exclusive right now and that is the question that leads me here...

See guys i've been approaching this as a SPRINT and I NEED to be doing this as a MARATHON. I felt very strongly very early on that I want to be with this woman. She feels the same INSIDE but her mind needs to see how we fit together and how we can make our lives work. So...okay...here's the thing. I need to stop, slow down, and enjoy the dating. Just enjoy our dates together and not see it as a lead into a life long relationship.

So question to the man counsel,

How do you:

a) Focus on the now and enjoy it, knowing that you both want something but have to see how you fit together? How do I focus on the now of dating only? (this wont be terribly difficult for me at this point but still looking for advice)

B) Handle seeing someone, and her not being exclusive? She is keeping her options open. Yes she is spending her time with me, and SHE (her idea) has a rule that all physical interactions are purely exclusive, down to hand holding. SO i know she wont be doing any of the physical stuff with other men, but it still bothers me that she could be on dates with another guy, even for coffee or a lunch. She has said that she hasn't even been tempted to do see anyone else...but still just that she is keeping the option open hurts me a bit....but then i can see it this way....maybe she should date someone else...because if she does she is going to quickly find out that I am better than them. I can be confident and be me then she will see that I'm the one that matters. She messages me periodically (even when we were on the outs) with little bits of her day and important things that have happened. SO this tells me she wants to include me in stuff. And last night late after our talk that day she sent me a message that said, "Went shopping with "Kyri" (her son) at the store. It was deja vu. Except this time you werent running laps around the store to try out your new shoes." So this tells me that she has a foundation of experiences and memories with me. So maybe i have nothing to worry about???

c) Anything you can think of that is romantic, but simple and easy to keep things fun and exciting? An idea i had yesterday was this....periodically on dates i will show up with two small gift boxes. Each with a unique gift inside, pertaining to our time together or something she cares about. I originally wanted to do four boxes and say "you get one and one only so pick one." but then I realized you could just pick at random...but if you have ONLY TWO options the choice seems more important. So anyway i have decided. two gifts, she can only pick one. Then i take the other one away...and in a week or two or whatever I come back with the second box from the original time and a new one. there will always be 2 gifts for her to choose from. SO any other good ideas? What are our thoughts?

ANy other thoughts as a whole? This woman...its weird because i"m at this point where I know I want to be with her but I'm not longer trying to rush to the end. The only reason I want exclusivity is so no other man will take her away.

go team go!

a) Focus on the now and enjoy it, knowing that you both want something but have to see how you fit together? How do I focus on the now of dating only? (this wont be terribly difficult for me at this point but still looking for advice)

For me this has always been a mentality thing. I don't believe in the future. I literally don't. When I was in school I wouldn't believe that there was anything after it. I never thought I'd graduate. I never thought I'd finish any of my exams. I literally fantasized about the world exploding before I would be able to finish school. It's been the same with everything, my long term ex (I never thought we'd get married, the one time I'm right hah), my degree, hell I have a talk coming up next week and I don't think I'm going to do it.

What this does is, I look at the now. When I'm working out or doing math life's really hard. When I'm not then life's great. This is what makes me happy in a lot of ways. I know academically that the world's going to keep spinning, and that I'll have problems if I don't put in a whole lot of effort right now into both my health and career, but come rain or shine the problems are for future me to sort out. Current me will either be working or slacking.

B) How do I see someone who doesn't want to see me exclusively?

I can't do this. But people say that I put my foot down way too hard and way too early. I would suggest letting her know that the same rules apply to you, and then to go out and date other girls. The only way I can think I'd be able to handle it is if I felt I had an option in case she didn't choose me in the end. But the idea of keeping a girl as an option is demeaning.

In the end I would do this: Ask yourself what you really want, and marry yourself to the idea that she won't choose you. With that in mind set yourself to find someone who blows your mind. Someone who really deserves you. If she still hasn't found someone, then decide if you like the new girl or the old one better.

c) Romantic ideas

Cook for her.

Guest Snake McClain

For me this has always been a mentality thing. I don't believe in the future. I literally don't. When I was in school I wouldn't believe that there was anything after it. I never thought I'd graduate. I never thought I'd finish any of my exams. I literally fantasized about the world exploding before I would be able to finish school. It's been the same with everything, my long term ex (I never thought we'd get married, the one time I'm right hah), my degree, hell I have a talk coming up next week and I don't think I'm going to do it.

What this does is, I look at the now. When I'm working out or doing math life's really hard. When I'm not then life's great. This is what makes me happy in a lot of ways. I know academically that the world's going to keep spinning, and that I'll have problems if I don't put in a whole lot of effort right now into both my health and career, but come rain or shine the problems are for future me to sort out. Current me will either be working or slacking.

B) How do I see someone who doesn't want to see me exclusively?

I can't do this. But people say that I put my foot down way too hard and way too early. I would suggest letting her know that the same rules apply to you, and then to go out and date other girls. The only way I can think I'd be able to handle it is if I felt I had an option in case she didn't choose me in the end. But the idea of keeping a girl as an option is demeaning.

In the end I would do this: Ask yourself what you really want, and marry yourself to the idea that she won't choose you. With that in mind set yourself to find someone who blows your mind. Someone who really deserves you. If she still hasn't found someone, then decide if you like the new girl or the old one better.

c) Romantic ideas

Cook for her.

addressing your responses

A) that is a pretty good idea in this scenario. I actually like it a lot. Just realize, "hey i could be dead tomorrow and i want her to know i love/care for her and we will have fun". good call.

B) This is the first time i've ever had this happen so its weird. I know our version of "exclusive" is different. so its a matter of semantics. what i dont like is knowing she is actively keeping her options open and advertising her self. i just dont want another man to move in and steal her from me. but then i know what i'm made of and that would be a tall order. but still....

c) I do cook for her. regularly.