Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!  I am Jen from Canada.  There is snow falling outside my window right now.    I am a Stay At Home mom to three kids, and I recently started homeschooling one of them (another story for another time).  I am a former graduate of Weight Watchers and am an on again/off again runner.  I need help.  I have lost this weight twice before.  Once, after gaining the Freshman 30 in nursing school (oh yeah, I was a Practical Nurse for 10 years) and then again after the birth of my second child.  How do you find the motivation to do it all over again?  I turned 40 this year and I have really noticed how much more my body likes to hold on to the extra weight now than when I was in my late 20s and doing this for the first time.  I am also having trouble finding time to exercise now that I homeschooling.

How am I starting right now?  Tracking food on My Fitness Pal, and I am trying to work in walks again to get my cardio back up to where I might be able to start running again.  I have to be very careful with how hard I push myself with cardio as I have exercise-induced asthma, but I can't use it as an excuse.  My asthma gets better the fitter I get and I know it.  I also need to work on going to bed instead of staying up to eat.

Hey, this is NerdFitness.  I bet you would like to know how nerdy I am.  Well, I am a proud Hufflepuff, Picard is my captain, and we are teaching our children Han shot first.   I love Doctor Who (#9  and #13 are my Doctors).  We taught our oldest son to read by teaching him to play Magic:The Gathering.  I love playing any board game but Settlers of Catan.  I went into labour with our first child at a gaming convention.  I am a level 5 Human Ranger in Pathfinder, but I also have a lower-level  Dwarven Druid who is fun to play.  I would play Skyrim all day long if I could.  As you can guess from my screen name, I love to knit.  I have knit many Jayne Hats for fellow nerdy friends.  I also haven't met a British Costume Drama I didn't like, but I don't know how nerdy that is.  I am about to start an Outlander-themed mystery knit along today.

• Like 4

..and we are teaching our children Han shot first.

Parenting done right.

Welcome to the Rebellion!  There are several things that you can do to throw that weight out in the cold!  I'm a bit of a home-body, so my focus is on video calisthenic workouts.  They've worked for me fairly well.  Look around and see if anything here helps.  Also, feel free to ask for advice as there are a bunch of people around willing to help out.

• Like 1

Hard to do this from my phone, but just wanted to say hi.

i'm from Canada as well (Nova Scotia) and have made many great connections here.

enjoy your journey!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Hard to do this from my phone, but just wanted to say hi.

i'm from Canada as well (Nova Scotia) and have made many great connections here.

enjoy your journey!

I am in Manitoba, but my husband and I love the East Coast.  After a vacation in New Brunswick a few years ago, we actually checked out what it would cost to buy a house there.  Alas, the job sitch out there is suboptimal.

• Like 1

Hey!!! A fellow Manitoban! :applause:

I haven't met anyone else on NF from Manitoba yet.  

I'm a 33-year-old working mom with a husband and ten-year-old daughter who is obsessed with Minecraft and gaming in general. I hope this isn't too weird right off the bat, but as we get to know each other, I'd totally love to meet up sometime. :-) I've also considered the homeschooling route, so I'd love to hear more about that sometime. 

I'm getting back on the fitness track too and shifting toward a Paleo diet. I'm somewhat antisocial and a bit of a homebody, so I've had much better luck doing bodyweight workouts at home from the NF Academy website and yoga videos online than I would trying to actually attend classes. 

Welcome to Nerd Fitness! :-) 

My Character

Challenges: Current | First | 2 | 3