Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

Guz, bear in mind that you are giving others the opportunity to be of service.  This too is a mitzvah.

I'm really sorry about your flat and having to move in with an aide, but at least you've got someone to look after you.  I hope you get better fast!

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

3 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Guz, bear in mind that you are giving others the opportunity to be of service.  This too is a mitzvah.

I'm really sorry about your flat and having to move in with an aide, but at least you've got someone to look after you.  I hope you get better fast!

Thanks Rainy. That's a lovely thing to say.  :love_heart:

I'm just being a whiny git. We would have moved in together eventually anyway (assuming the relationship worked out) but I wanted it to be on equal terms, us getting a house together that was "ours" rather than me moving in to his house to be looked after.  

Colin has joint custody of his 3 kids so they live with him (us?) 1/3 of the time and we wanted to be sensitive towards them too. We would have liked to do things differently but it seems to have been fine.

56 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Guz, you also aren't useless. You need help, sure, but that doesn't make you useless.

Thanks, I feel bloody useless though. I can't do anything. I'm stuck in the house, can't go anywhere, and I'm usually too sore/tired to even do anything with the kids. It's not easy to come to terms with. Fingers crossed they can do something about it. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

4 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Thanks, I feel bloody useless though. I can't do anything. I'm stuck in the house, can't go anywhere, and I'm usually too sore/tired to even do anything with the kids. It's not easy to come to terms with. Fingers crossed they can do something about it. 

Now this I get. Feeling bloody useless is way different than being bloody useless. Someone here on the boards once said your feelings are a fact, but they aren't the facts. No one can dispute the way you feel, and your feelings are valid. If I may reframe, I think what you are saying is that you are frustrated by the changes in mobility and the best way to convey that is by saying you feel useless.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

*hugs*  @Guzzi :love_heart:

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

big dog pile hugs for Guzzi

Intercontinental ones

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Imagine cute fuzzy rats, and rare colored snakes, and hot chocolate with peppermint sticks, and world peace and sunbeams.  I'm thinking all of that in your direction.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

just replaying this in my head makes me laugh

last night get the kids to bed and sit down on the couch to watch a little TV to unwind, oldest daughter has to use the bathroom and needs water, so while getting her water she starts watching the commercials and is talking about this and that, she sees a promo for a wrestler that she likes at which point my wife says "ok time to go back to bed" my daughter without missing a beat, "but it's Pentagon" me to her "he's not wrestling tonight"  her "oh ok" and goes back to bed lol

Pentagon Dark vs Rey Mysterio

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I went round to visit an old neighbour of mine today. Old in both that she used to be a neighbour of mine and she is old. 96 year old to be exact, or "nearly 97" as she put it. She's an absolute dear and sharp as a tack, though a bit wobbly on her feet these days. (I wonder what that says about me when I was the one who needed to sit down during our chat :D)

Seriously, I want to be this lady when I grow up. She's awesome!

• Like 6

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

On 22/01/2017 at 7:58 PM, Guzzi said:

I found this today...

b40b57cc5f7dbb01788998deec9f6502.jpg

I feel better now. :D

• Like 6

just replaying this in my head makes me laugh

last night get the kids to bed and sit down on the couch to watch a little TV to unwind, oldest daughter has to use the bathroom and needs water, so while getting her water she starts watching the commercials and is talking about this and that, she sees a promo for a wrestler that she likes at which point my wife says "ok time to go back to bed" my daughter without missing a beat, "but it's Pentagon" me to her "he's not wrestling tonight"  her "oh ok" and goes back to bed lol

Pentagon Dark vs Rey Mysterio

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

7 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

that is not what I typed at all........

seriously I was talking about boogeying down to Jamiroquai in the office

I freaking hate it when it does that! Sometimes if you've quoted someone then it won't even let you delete the quote box. It's sooo frustrating!

Our little bawbag Trixie developed a fast growing lump under one of her nipples recently and today she went under the knife to have it removed. It was a mammary tumour, most likely benign thankfully, though there is always a chance it will grow back eventually.

It was really difficult to get a photo of the lump but you can see in this pic that she has an impressive boob on one side of her chest.

8ec35389663aa427b1a20bfd75beaec6.jpg

And for those of you who aren't squeamish, here's what the tumour actually looked like.

The piece of gauze is 10cm square, to give you an idea of scale. It's a big lump on such a small animal. You can see that it's totally encapsulated, it wasn't connected to the other tissues - the skin or the underlying muscles.

b93c6e6542fe75dbf535ee0cd2294272.jpg

And this is what it was like once it was cut open. Mammary tumour are often caused by the change of hormones when a rat stops ovulating, at around 18 months old. Here you can see the milk that was produced inside the tumour as a result.

76a9653ac0259876037a3ce2b78f113f.jpg

Pretty freaky, huh?

And here's a nice picture to cheer you up after seeing that. :)

4f17b5dc3c7d98329c7fd3640fbe84c1.jpg

• Like 4

Not gonna look, not gonna

*click*

YYYYYHYIKES, GAH!

When do I learn not to do that, damnit..

Is the little gal alright?

• Like 3

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

On 27/01/2017 at 10:32 PM, Guzzi said:

Our little bawbag Trixie developed a gas growing lump under one of her nipples recently

Oh man, you gotta love auto correct. A fast growing lump, not a gas growing lump. **facepalm**

On 28/01/2017 at 8:20 AM, Akura said:

That's so disgusting! I love it!

I know, right? It's so bizzare to see it, when the vet asked if I wanted to I jumped at the chance. Bodies are fascinating, their inner workings are amazing and yet we take them completely for granted. 

On 28/01/2017 at 7:56 PM, Fearkiller said:

Not gonna look, not gonna

*click*

YYYYYHYIKES, GAH!

When do I learn not to do that, damnit..

Is the little gal alright?

Hahaha! Sorry about that. :D

Shes doing fine, thank you for asking. With rats there's always a risk with any surgery that they will worry at the wound (licking and cleaning it too much) which can be a real problem. Thankfully she is leaving it alone so we have put her back in with her cage mates.

Unfortunately it left a cavity inside the body which the vet wasn't able to stitch up so we have to keep a close eye on her for the next 3-4 weeks in case she developes an abscess. Thankfully it will be easy to see since she doesn't have any fur. ;) 

On 29/01/2017 at 9:32 PM, Guzzi said:

Shes doing fine, thank you for asking. With rats there's always a risk with any surgery that they will worry at the wound (licking and cleaning it too much) which can be a real problem. Thankfully she is leaving it alone so we have put her back in with her cage mates.

Unfortunately it left a cavity inside the body which the vet wasn't able to stitch up so we have to keep a close eye on her for the next 3-4 weeks in case she developes an abscess. Thankfully it will be easy to see since she doesn't have any fur. ;) 

Aaaaaand we have an abscess. :(  Poor wee thing now needs a weeks course of penicillin injections. I've never injected anything before so it's a little nerve wracking.