Forums are back in action! ×

Reporting for my first assignment

Hey all!

I'm a software engineer in Chicago and I need to make a significant lifestyle change. I spent the first half of my twenties taking terrible care of my mental and physical health and I'm ready to turn things around. Nerd Fitness came up when I was searching for beginner body weight workouts. I'm excited to be here; I joined the academy last week and I'm working my way through the mindset and nutrition modules. Progress so far:

- I've been keeping track of my food, but I've found that it's really easy to sneak in unhealthy snacks when I'm not paying attention.

- Intentional 10-15 minute walk every night: This has been going well because I started an audiobook that I'm only allowed to listen to when I'm out walking. It's not terribly long, so if you have any recommendations for good books on Audible, I'm all ears!
- I plan on starting the level 1 bodyweight exercises tonight. 

If any other newbies on here are looking for an accountabilibuddy, please get in touch.

Apart from getting my health back in order, I want to further my career as a technical speaker and advocate for women in software. I just gave my first conference talk last month. It went okay, but I'm looking forward to improving my content and delivery with the next talk. If there are other software engineers on here please drop me a line about the things you struggled with and wish you'd had mentorship on when you first started your career! :)

That's all for now. Thanks for having me!

• Like 2

hi

welcome to the rebellion

join the upcoming 4 week challenge 

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Hi, welcome to the Rebellion! 

If you want to join in with this 4 Week Challenge, you can come join our forums and set up a couple of goals to work towards for the next few weeks. We are over here!

If you don't want to, but just want to hang out and talk a bit about nerdy stuff or fitness, join us at the Juice bar

We look forward to seeing you around, and feel free to come ask any question. :D

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Welcome!

Steve's (Rebel One) Book "Level Up Your Life" is on audible! I got it on sale and highly recommend it. I finished more than half of it in one day! It is really good. Besides that, I enjoyed "The Martian" a lot. 

Once I finish "Level up Your Life", I'm moving on to "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and then "The Revenant". 

I'll let you know how they are!

• Like 2

Level 0 Hill Dwarf Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 

My NF Character and Epic Quest

Current Challenge

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" ~Ferris Bueller's Day Off

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you." ~Samwise Gamgee

Instagram: @d96tebo2 

Facebook: Donavan Tebo

14 hours ago, jessleigh said:

It's not terribly long, so if you have any recommendations for good books on Audible, I'm all ears!

Welcome Jessleigh, I love to listen to audiobooks too. If you like Fantasy I can recommend you The Fate's Forsaken. You can get the first two books at once. That are 38 hours. :D

• Like 1

Was wäre das Leben, hätten wir nicht den Mut, etwas zu riskieren. Vincent van Goch

vkEpJ.gif

Just kidding! Its lovely here, promise!

Hello there! I'm Stella, just your average dork-next-door. Congratulations on the conference! Even the most outgoing of us can find things like that intimidating; I won't lie, they sometimes shake me up at my own job; so good job! You have some good, solid goals - I'm sure you'll do great; and that you'll find a whole bunch of us nerds to help you along the way! Anywho, happy to meet'cha! Hope to see you around the forums!

Your shield-sister,

Stella :)  

• Like 1

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge