Forums are back in action! ×

[Spoiler?] The Four?

So I'm sure some of you are following Steve's "conspiracy" adventure going on.  I've been following it because... I had to.  I'm way too curious for my own good.  Anyway, if you aren't familiar, Steve sent out an email saying he's stumbled onto something and sent out this link: https://jointherebellion.com/

It was just a countdown, and was later updated to have 4 links to different "factions".    Today, I got another email (this time from Staci) talking about him going on the run and posting a video, followed by him sending her a "strange text".  The text was:

RL RFTT JLLV SKL KLTD GB SKL PLHLTTFGJ. RL YUOS UJFSL SKL BGUP. QTFQX SKL TGCGO BGP YGPL.

Which is a simple substitution cipher for:

Spoiler

WE WILL NEED THE HELP OF THE REBELLION WE MUST UNITE THE FOUR CLICK THE LOGOS FOR MORE

Anybody else playing along and seeing where this goes?  Have you guys found anything?

9 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Have you noticed the hidden code?

" JLLV SKL KLTD GB SKL PLHLTTFGJ. RL YUOS UJFSL SKL BGUP. QTFQX SKL TGCGO BGP YGPL. "

There's actually a "RL RFTT" in the front there.

-- 
立派な 戦士

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)
― Thomas Jefferson

2 minutes ago, Jabba said:

The RL is only in the email from Staci. In the source code of the page, within "Steve's Dream", the code is written again, but this time misses out the RL.

Then maybe it's something he said and so he added on the "We will" part to show the the whole group will need the help of the factions?

-- 
立派な 戦士

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"
(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)
― Thomas Jefferson

Looks cute but I'm not interested yet.  Hate to be a party pooper, but tbh I've seen way more than enough faction/rebel themed dystopia stories in the past 5 years.  Getting just a bit bored of the Hogwarts/Hunger Games/Divergent/Marvel Civil War/Facespace self absorbed "protests" etc etc.  I'm sick of revolution and radicalism.  Especially after this year.

Puzzles are cool though.  I like puzzles.

• Like 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Looks like Steve is finally getting that RPG he worked on years ago, when I first joined the Rebellion, back when we fought and begged for roleplay to be integrated.

Seems a good time for my triumphant (hopefully) return :D

Well done, Steve and Staci. You've coaxed me back after a year or two of hiatus :D 

Although please - make the codes harder, next time? A Substitution cipher is too easy. Caesar, Hex, Vigenere... give us a challenge ;)

• Like 1

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

5 hours ago, RandMart said:

I've got trust issues ... and that Fuckfest that y'all call "Nerd Camp" just scares me

Only coz you're married :P 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 12/22/2016 at 10:22 PM, RandMart said:

Not me ... I've got a bad feeling about this

Is Steve & Co redoing all the Guilds into four Factions? For what Porpoise? Is there gonna be money involved? This CAN'T be just for fun

DISCLAIMER/FULL DISCLOSURE: Nerd Fitness is not my home; I'm a Slowtwtich guy [look it up] I've made some awesome connections around the world through this site ... but ...

I've got trust issues ... and that Fuckfest that y'all call "Nerd Camp" just scares me

I'm hoping that the guilds won't change.

Why does Nerd Camp freak you out???

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

4 hours ago, fitnessgurl said:

I'm hoping that the guilds won't change.

I'm pretty sure they won't. The four factions and guilds were both a part of Camp Nerd Fitness, and the guilds are a big deal in Steve's book. I don't think they're going anywhere.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 12/22/2016 at 8:46 PM, RandMart said:

It's all Fun & Games until you get asked for your Credit Card Info

I don't think the Game would have been enhanced if there wasn't a Profit Incentive to do so

From a business stand point, you can't continually give things away for free and expect to keep your business.

Honestly you don't have to participate if you don't like it.

I would have liked the price tag to be a bit lower but totally understand the need to evolve into a subscription model. And the whole idea of a continuous story is very intriguing to me. Might join at a later date.

• Like 1

- Level 1 - Water-bending Elf - Aspiring Druid Adventurer -

STR 1/ DEX 3/ STA 1/ CON 1/ WIS 4/ CHA 1

Spoiler

NFA4 - EQ1 - My Character - My Nerd Thing: A Walk Around The World

Current: #3QiGong & Back to Basics; #3Mini(Assassins); #3Mini(Adventurers)

Previous 2016: PVP:Walk of Life(Mar-Apr16) - #1(Apr/Rebel) - #2(May/Druid) -

"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one." -- Doctor Who, the 11th

1 hour ago, RandMart said:

Forgive me, but maybe I'm missing something?

What does Steve actually DO, besides recycle other people's workout's and research and post them in his blob with clever LEGO figures? Yes, he ties things up in a nice promotion, but why pay for the same info you can get on a more focused community? [FULL DISCLOSURE: I've been a member of Slowtwitch.com since... let me look .2004... wow! lot's has happened since then] and Slowtwitch is a FREE Community that has brought down course-cutters and other cheaters around the world

What is there about Steve's copying & pasting that needs a membership more than Dan's?

I took a bit of a look around Slowtwitch & what I saw? A bunch of already fit & regularly athletic people. Events that some on here are not physically ready (I'm including myself in this) to do. 

What does Steve bring to the table? He reaches out to the everyman & everywoman. He takes exercise/fitness & makes it FUN. Granted, I haven't been on here as long as you...but I've followed certain people & watched them go (from a physical standpoint) being out of shape & reluctant exercisers to being eager to get into shape as well as (from an emotional standpoint) being incredibly shy & awkward to online social rock stars as well as being braver in real life. This is huge.

The majority of fitness sites out there recycle exercises. There's only so many variations of exercises one can do. 

Like I said, I only took a cursory look at Slowtwitch; so I may have missed something.

Please don't take this as a personal attack. It's just a commentary.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

2 hours ago, RandMart said:

What does Steve actually DO, besides recycle other people's workout's and research and post them in his blob with clever LEGO figures? Yes, he ties things up in a nice promotion, but why pay for the same info you can get on a more focused community? [FULL DISCLOSURE: I've been a member of Slowtwitch.com since... let me look .2004... wow! lot's has happened since then] and Slowtwitch is a FREE Community that has brought down course-cutters and other cheaters around the world

What is there about Steve's copying & pasting that needs a membership more than Dan's?

I've been trying to be diplomatic, but tone it down. The Forums are also a FREE community and they will continue to be a free community.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

13 hours ago, RandMart said:

Nerd Fitness isn't just Steve. At this time we have nine full time employees in nine states (yep, I'm one of them) and multiple contractors. 

We have four courses, one big event per year, that are all paid, and we are extremely proud of all of them. Steve personally published a book last year as well.

On the free side, we put out two articles per week, have a character creation system, last year had a month long tour with events, and run this community all without a single ad on the site or looking for outside investment.

Without our paid courses, and without outside investment, we can't continue to maintain or run the site, any of the courses, or run the events that we run. We make money so we can continue do this. 

We are extremely proud of everything that we put out, free and paid. We know they won't be for everyone, and that's okay. We know that a large percentage of people will never buy anything, and that's perfectly fine with us. We're still going to keep putting out both free and paid content. 

If you prefer slowtwitch, great - I'm glad you found a community that fits for you. If you want to stay here and just stay on the free forums and never buy anything from us - that's fine :) 

• Like 4
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
6 hours ago, spezzy said:

Nerd Fitness isn't just Steve. At this time we have nine full time employees in nine states (yep, I'm one of them) and multiple contractors. 

We have four courses, one big event per year, that are all paid, and we are extremely proud of all of them. Steve personally published a book last year as well.

On the free side, we put out two articles per week, have a character creation system, last year had a month long tour with events, and run this community all without a single ad on the site or looking for outside investment.

Without our paid courses, and without outside investment, we can't continue to maintain or run the site, any of the courses, or run the events that we run. We make money so we can continue do this. 

We are extremely proud of everything that we put out, free and paid. We know they won't be for everyone, and that's okay. We know that a large percentage of people will never buy anything, and that's perfectly fine with us. We're still going to keep putting out both free and paid content. 

If you prefer slowtwitch, great - I'm glad you found a community that fits for you. If you want to stay here and just stay on the free forums and never buy anything from us - that's fine :) 

Well said. And I just want to say how grateful I am to Steve, you, and the rest of the NF team.I find Steve's blog so inspiring, and this site has been life changing for me.Thank you guys for all the work you put into it.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27