Forums are back in action! ×

15 hours ago, Blocky said:

Here goes nothing... I'm in.

29%

Out of interest - how good is this method for measuring bodyfat. I kinda assumed I was well over 30%

It's are reasonable accurate for a 20 yo Male with "average" muscle mass.  I don't know how much I would trust it for females, but without everyone paying lots of money to for a dunk tank, this is about as accurate as we can ask for.  So start getting those gains in your neck muscles.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

47 minutes ago, Br0din said:

It's are reasonable accurate for a 20 yo Male with "average" muscle mass.  I don't know how much I would trust it for females, but without everyone paying lots of money to for a dunk tank, this is about as accurate as we can ask for.  So start getting those gains in your neck muscles.

It should be consistently inaccurate anyway, allowing for linear progress reports. My number came in at 46ish% and then I realized there was a gender selector, dropping it down to 25% with the same metrics for a man.

th?&id=OIP.Mdeda23c592725b34be347a67095e1de8o0&w=306&h=173&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

• Like 2

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

I put in the same measurements I did the other day with a lower weight (I've lost a couple lbs and wanted to see if it made a difference)and the percent is higher. Then I put in my original weight and it's higher than what my total I entered on the spreadsheet by 4%. I can't figure out what is different and why I'm getting a higher number now.

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

I think that the waist hip ratio is quite important for this system, especially due to the large difference between men and women. So if you weigh less but have the same waist hip ratio and size, then it will presume you have lost muscle and kept the fat, because fat weighs less. 

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

1 hour ago, Inazea said:

So apparently I lost 2% bodyfat. Is that even possible in a week? To be fair I'm pretty strict with my diet now and I have a not so low percentage...

Make sure you are taking the exact same neck measurements each time. .5 inch difference can make a big difference in the ratio.  Another indicator is if your LBM jumps a couple lbs when you lost a couple of lbs.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

32 minutes ago, Br0din said:

Make sure you are taking the exact same neck measurements each time. .5 inch difference can make a big difference in the ratio.  Another indicator is if your LBM jumps a couple lbs when you lost a couple of lbs.  

I used the same neck measurement and the LBM stayed the same according to the calculator.

• Like 1
Just now, Inazea said:

I used the same neck measurement and the LBM stayed the same according to the calculator.

Then you are kicking ass!

• Like 1

Wheymen

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I finally did my measurements and apparently I gain all my weight in my stomach? Despite being 10# heavier than in August, most measurements were within 0.5" except my waist is 3" bigger. I'll be posting the numbers in my battle log, but man my body is weird. 

That's actually not uncommon.

I've lost 5lbs and .5 in off the waist bringing my grand total down to 19%.  I'm probably going to stall out here for a while until I lose another inch off the waist and can finally round down to 37.

Wheymen

3 minutes ago, Br0din said:

That's actually not uncommon.

I've lost 5lbs and .5 in off the waist bringing my grand total down to 19%.  I'm probably going to stall out here for a while until I lose another inch off the waist and can finally round down to 37.

Good to know. I feel like I have an unfair advantage in this PVP because my number is higher. But I'm in it just to help me keep track. I have no problem deferring to someone else to be the winner. I just don't want to be the loser!!! :onthego:

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 minute ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Good to know. I feel like I have an unfair advantage in this PVP because my number is higher. But I'm in it just to help me keep track. I have no problem deferring to someone else to be the winner. I just don't want to be the loser!!! :onthego:

You are the odds on favorite.  So if you lose...  More shame on you!!

no-pressure.gif

• Like 1

Wheymen

I just updated the spreadsheet - down 1%. I'm down 2kg in scale weight but I always lose fat from my legs first so probably won't see a major downturn in predicted bodyfat percentage for a while...

• Like 2

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Damn, I better get my ass in gear. :onthego:

AdtroqG.gif

Lots of burpees

• Like 1

Wheymen

So a few days after I did the measurement I found out I weighted 244lbs instead of 231 (weight I took for the measurement. Anyhow, with the weight today I got to 36% bodyfat. Which is 1% more than previous week. 

Weird thing is I wanted to check if I lost any bodyfat compared to the 244 lbs and it changes nothing except from my lean mass? 

gewicht 1.JPGgewicht 2.JPG

Ok never mind, I didn't do much of a workout this week so that probably explains enough.

• Like 1

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram