Forums are back in action! ×

Terinatum comes back to the Fold

Hi Nerd Fitness,

Well, I suppose it should read, ‘Hello Again NF!’

I left a few years ago, when life threw a few speedballs that had me thrown to the ground, crying, and lamenting the losses of my physical abilities. Most especially, I lost my ability to run. So, no more trail runs and working toward a good 5k time result. I also lost the ability to do Olympic lifts like deadlifts, squats, and presses. With these major changes came the depression and anxiety that kept me in a dark and hopeless place. I gained back 65 of the 96 pounds that I lost during my past challenges, between Feb 2013 and June 2015.

I turned 50 years old with a new and worsened set of physical limitations. I have degenerative disc disease which includes: osteoarthritis throughout my spine and SI joints (along with my hands), one bulging disc, and mild to moderate facet disease in my neck, low back, and some in my mid-back spine. I am left with a small ability list. As I’m sure you can imagine ‘complaining’ and ‘giving up’ came easily with these physical changes.

I find myself at a crossroads today. I can give up on trying to maintain the positive changes that I’ve been working on for the last year or so. I can continue to rely on ‘woe is me’ and ‘I can’t do ANY of that anymore.’ Or… as I am working on now, thankfully, is attempting to juggle the priorities in my life. I want to be consistent with my: at-home physical therapy routine, cooking at home, limiting sugar junk food intake, and creating art for expression, healing, and sharing.

To succeed on my journey, I want to use all the avenues available and known to me. Hence, coming back to Nerd Fitness is essential to my journey.

So, Hi NF!! I’m Back!!

Cheers, Terinatum

• Like 3

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Welcome back and I'm sorry to hear about the changes that set you back and the physical limitations that have changed your lifestyle.  But I am inspired that you've made the choice to focus on improving your quality of life to the best of your abilities.

What medium(s) of art do you create in?

• Like 1

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

Ah! Here you are! Respawn point - now why didn't I think of that?

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Sorry to hear you've been having a bad time lately, but I think you're right to resist what life's throwing at you. 

Have you given any thought to a plan of action? 

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

On 3/1/2017 at 10:51 AM, Mr.Six said:

Welcome back and I'm sorry to hear about the changes that set you back and the physical limitations that have changed your lifestyle.  But I am inspired that you've made the choice to focus on improving your quality of life to the best of your abilities.

What medium(s) of art do you create in?

Thanks! It's good to be back.

My main medium is writing, but I also like pencil drawing and music (big-time newbie in this!)

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

15 minutes ago, 18ck said:

Sorry to hear you've been having a bad time lately, but I think you're right to resist what life's throwing at you. 

Have you given any thought to a plan of action? 

Plan? Me? LOLOLOL Hum...

Nothing different than I wanted before. It's just in a different priority list. So PT first, no junk food is second, real food and water is next, and strength when and where I can.

• Like 3

The Way

Better Now than Later On

So, I've come to the table of NF, but have yet to really take action. Okay, that is NOT accurate. I did shower today and that is something. I'm usually the Queen of sponge baths.

I'm drinking Dr Pepper and eating junk food for most of my meals. I try to get one meal of some worth in my system each day, but have not yet found any consistency with it. I'm stressed out about it and that makes it harder, not easier. ADDED STRESS: The longer my car is in the garage the more work it needs done on it. So far I'm at about 4 grand! I am getting a good loan for it (and I can put a good chunk of my cc debit into it as well), but it means a really tight belt for the next 3 years. Once it's paid off, I will be able to build up more savings. Well, a savings anyway! 

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Well, it has been a better week.

I got in a good shower (not a sponge bath as per my norm). Big Win 

I have done 3 PT session this week. I'm  hoping for one more, but it's not a must.

I'm not bingeing anymore. :applouse:

My mood has stabilized.

My car is being fixed still, but my loan covers almost all my debt and so I'll be debt-ish free (barring the usual life events) in 4 years.

My cat is doing well and he and I are getting a good bond going.

So, yeah. Good week.

Cheers!!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Glad it's looking up. Sorry not to have looked in sooner. I had such a blah week that I was ashamed to show my fave in here in case people pelted me with food. 

What do you think then? Back in a proper guild next time? 

14 hours ago, 18ck said:

Glad it's looking up. Sorry not to have looked in sooner. I had such a blah week that I was ashamed to show my fave in here in case people pelted me with food. 

What do you think then? Back in a proper guild next time? 

Yuppers! I just made a placeholder thread for my challenge. I'll work more on it this week and be ready to go no later than Sunday, but probably before that: do some Week Zero stuff!

The Way

Better Now than Later On