Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

Ouch! I guess there are a few guys from my college days out there better off without dating me! 

My feeling is if a guy doesn't feel strong enough about me to try to "close the deal" and make a move, especially if there is other men vying for my attention and I had given him special attention, I was better off too. 

FWIW, I think my comment came out a little grumpier than intended, but all the same what's true for a lot of women is true for a lot of men: many of us want to feel that we're worth enough to be pursued.  If we're already together, in a relationship, and you want us to "close the deal", then it's just like being one of any number of men standing in line waiting for a pass/fail grade. I'm all for following your bliss, but at some point your bliss has to look back and acknowledge you're there.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

FWIW, I think my comment came out a little grumpier than intended, but all the same what's true for a lot of women is true for a lot of men: many of us want to feel that we're worth enough to be pursued.  If we're already together, in a relationship, and you want us to "close the deal", then it's just like being one of any number of men standing in line waiting for a pass/fail grade. I'm all for following your bliss, but at some point your bliss has to look back and acknowledge you're there.

When I am talking about "closing the deal" I am referring to asking the person out or making a move to show you are interested, or taking the relationship to the next level. Knowing how to read a woman's signs and making the transition comfortable and natural is a skill. I think that is what hurts some men and is a great advantage to the others who know how. 

My husband was good at letting me know he wanted to date me but later we had a long distances relationship and I was pretty sure he was dating others. I had to let him go and date others for him to realize I wasn't going to wait around for him and he was letting a good thing go. He figured it out and "closed the deal" :)

Ladies, what's the verdict on the "squint face"

Hmmm.... I'm kinda with Liberator on this one. I laugh and smile very easily, I find life fun and I enjoy, enjoying life. I think I prefer the same qualities in a guy. So I'm going with mischievous grin too.
  • Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

ohhhh do I find that face attractive on a guy? hell no, he looks like he needs to take a shit and put on sunglasses.

II think the attractive face on a guy is variable to each one. J looks so cute when he smiles at something he is happy about, but JJ looks equally cute with a smirky smile face, and some guys look most attractive with a serious face...so thats what I think

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

The Han solo smirk. It's the smiling eyes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Well then, looks like I'm going to have to change my default face setting.

Flirting Fascination

Found this article earlier. Rather intriguing, however it makes me wonder if my inability to successfully flirt suggests that I am actually unfit to reproduce. I wish there was a way to decisively conclude this. Then I could just carry on with my life with no distractions, disregarding females and instead acquiring currency.

Well then, looks like I'm going to have to change my default face setting.

Flirting Fascination

Found this article earlier. Rather intriguing, however it makes me wonder if my inability to successfully flirt suggests that I am actually unfit to reproduce. I wish there was a way to decisively conclude this. Then I could just carry on with my life with no distractions, disregarding females and instead acquiring currency.

having managed to achieve reproduction, and verifying my unfitness to do so, I can vouch for the reliability of the claim....so yeah, go for the loot :) Kids are overrated

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Flirting Fascination

Found this article earlier. Rather intriguing, however it makes me wonder if my inability to successfully flirt suggests that I am actually unfit to reproduce.

Yeah, I'm fucked then.

I don't think I'm aware of any of that stuff. I mean, ridiculous OTT flirting (for comic effect) I can do, but the real stuff...? No, I don't get it. I've said it before and it's true. I've never been approached by a guy, never been asked "Can I buy you a drink?", never been asked out. I think/hope that's partly down to the fact that I just don't give off, read or respond to those signals. I mean, I'm obviously not as blind to them as Machete, but I think they'd have to be pretty blatant for me to pick them up. And even then....

The only thing I've got going in my favour according to that article is my waist:hip ratio, lol! Celebrate the win where you can girl. :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Well Guzzi, don't think you are alone there.

Believe it or not fellas, Sheila's are also thrown in the "friends" bin, they also find it hard to "close" and suffer from social awkwardness as well. You are not alone.

With the above said and reading the article, I did go forth and multiply 7 times! In spite of my inadequacies.

• Like 2

Wait! What............?