training max: 305lbs

(70%x3, 80%x3, 90%x3+)

1x5 @ 125#

1x5 @ 145#

1x3 @ 185#

1x3 @ 215#

1x3 @ 245#

1x4 @ 275#

Front Squats - these were difficult not cause of the weight, but for some reason I just couldn't get into the front rack at all.  The first set was awesome, then it just felt completely uncomfortable.

training max: 195lbs

(60%x8, 70%x8, 80%x6)

1x8 @ 120#

1x6 @ 140#

1x4 @ 160#

Swim

4 lengths

Back again! I'm back from my last two challenges and will likely be here for awhile until I make a decision about a meet early next year.  I don't foresee any new "challenges" popping up besides challenging myself to get beast mode strong!

I've been lacking with the gym sessions as of late.  Hit the gym on Tuesday and then again today.

9/9 - Tuesday Morning

915 Trial Bench Strength Day

Bench

training max: 205#

(5x4 @ 80%)

1x5 @ 45#

1x5 @ 85#

1x5 @ 105#

5x4 @ 165#

Chin Ups - Done between work bench sets.

5x3

Wide Grip Pause Bench

4x5 @ 120#

Seated Row Machine - Done between WGPB sets

1x6 @ 90#

3x6 @ 150#

Squat

training max: 250#

(Speed - 5x2 @ 80%)

1x5 @ 100#

1x5 @ 125#

5x2 @ 200#

• Like 2

9/12 - Friday Morning

915 Trial Squat Strength Day

Squat

training max: 250#

(5x4 @ 80%)

1x5 @ 45#

1x5 @ 100#

1x5 @ 125#

1x3 @ 150#

5x4 @ 200#

Kang Squats

5x5 @ 95#

Leg Press

4x6 @ 270#

Bench

training max: 205#

(Speed - 5x2 @ 80%)

1x5 @ 85#

1x5 @ 105#

5x2 @ 165#

Pull Ups - Done between bench sets.  Felt a weird tweak in my ribs/lats.  Pushed thru and just did the reps

4x3

• Like 2

Haha I've had to make up for less than impressive showing the last 2 weeks.  There should have been at least 2 more posts for you to like, but I've been soooo lazy

Jesus Christ. The DOMS are real. So very real. I haven't been in pain like this in months.

Good thing I had a trade show where I had to be on my feet all morning and do a fair share of bending....

Make it stop lol

• Like 1

Make it stop lol

Stop being a whiny bitch?

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Obviously.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Oh, look at this hangout you have here.

Get back to work and sign up for the meet already.

Hey hey I have been working! Lol just not regularly. Fixing that next week.

2015 schedule isn't up yet that I've seen.

But welcome to the fun. I'm messing with a lot of new lifts, looking forward to seeing the effects

Kang squats is definitely a new one to me! Intrigued with how it will go.

Me too! Also getting a chances to mess with chains and different ranges of motion. Hoping to bring my lifts back up. Looking for a 225+ bench by the end of this.

RPS has their schedule up through most of 2015 at http://revolutionpowerlifting.com.

How did you like Kang squats?

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

RPS has their schedule up through most of 2015 at http://revolutionpowerlifting.com.

How did you like Kang squats?

Is RPS mostly Northeast? Couldn't really look at everything but at quick glance I saw a lot of NJ, NY, Pa and Ct.

Kang squats are...weird. They don't feel bad and it makes me really focus on keeping tight and driving my back/shoulders into the bar. Just new movement pattern

They do a few meets in Ohio but I think that's as far west as they go.

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

Ah yea can't get out to Ohio. I've been using this http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/powerlifting-meets and they only have 2014 last I checked. I didn't really know where else to check.

Planned on asking my gym owner as I THINK he may have been president of the ADFPF at some point and as of 2 years ago held a bunch of meets at my regular gym.

Subbed!

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Keeping my fingers crossed that you keep inspiring me to be awesome :-P

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

9/15 - Monday Morning

Kettlebell Swing Challenge

200 swings today.

1 round of 15-15-20-25-25

Press @ 115# 3-2-1

Bicep Curls @ 50# for 15 reps

1 round of 25-25-25-25

Press @ 115# 3-2-1

Curls @ 50# for 15 reps

I've been a huge fan of Alan Thrall's YouTube page as of late.  This one is about a nice explosive warm up to do before squats.  I've played with the kneeling version the past few weeks, we'll see what happens...