Forums are back in action! ×

THIS IS HOW WE DO IT! Deftona Nails 2024's Bits to the Wall - A Road Map

This Is How We Do It...

For the first time in almost two decades, my future has been thrust wide open. I genuinely have no idea where I will be this time next year and that’s as terrifying as it is exciting. I would normally re-cap my last road map at the beginning of the next one but it’s completely irrelevant, that stuff happened to a completely different person. But still, a quick explanation of the last 12 months because it’s very much relevant.

2023 was wild. It started normal enough but mid August my fiance of almost 20 years went out for a drink one night with people he worked with, kept texting me postponing the time he was going to come back until eventually at 3 am he texted me to say he was getting a hotel room “because he was tired”. 3 miles away from our home. He then charged this hotel room to our joint account, and all the while telling me she wasn’t there via constant text messages, proceeded to fuck her. He eventually admitted the next morning she was there, but then said nothing had happened. He then eventually admitted that something did happen, which I obviously already knew because I am not a fucking idiot.

I kicked him out, and I was more utterly disappointed in how pathetic it all was than anything else, especially as he finally admitted they had kissed the week before too. I absolutely deserve better than that, and there was no doubt in my mind what had to happen. By sheer coincidence, our very own @DarK_RaideR was in London that weekend anyway and we arranged to meet, after 10 years of friendship (and maybe more than a little unspoken attraction on both sides, for most of those 10 years). The rest is history and now D_R is my boyfriend and I couldn’t be happier to be with someone who shares my passion for self improvement.

A lot of the future things we have tried to plan over the last few months have been thrown into a tailspin not least with the changes to visa regulations for legal migration so it looks like we’re playing this on hard mode. No matter, just so happens we’re open to pretty much anything and ready to roll with whatever punches come our way. Because of so many things being so uncertain, my goals are all going to be ones that are completely down to my own effort and not reliant on any external influences. I’d like to find a solution to live with D_R. I’d like to increase my income because I live in a big fancy house all on my own and my salary is stretched. And I’d like a nest egg to fall back on. But all of those require something external happening to put me in a better position and I am increasingly learning nothing can be taken for granted. The following goals and things I want to achieve that are entirely dependent on my own efforts, and my own efforts alone.

Section 1: Body – Rehab back, get back down to pre-injury weight, and BOOTY SO BIG (LORD, HAVE MERCY)

I had a bad back injury a few years ago and I haven’t fully rehabbed that although I am considerably better. I want to continue with the back rehab and get my figure back to what it was because the meds and inactivity naturally led to weight gain.

image.png.d46b4c3409e6f3234f0fd03a2ae7685b.png:  

1.      Actually finally complete my 3x30 exercise minutes streak

This has been a goal every year since I almost did it in 2018 and got to around the 22nd December before failing it. That’s the closest I have ever come to this and it has been a goal every year since. It’s happening this time

2.      Get a peachy butt

This has also been a longstanding goal, and as well as being a vain pursuit, it will also really help my back rehab to get strong glutes. Also D_R has a very peachy ass and I am jealous.

3.      Complete Couch25k

I almost completed this in the summer before The Ex did what he did and threw me off completely but I am determined to have completed every single session by the time the year is out

4.      Get back to pre-injury weight.

Not least because I have an attic full of beautiful clothes and lingerie I want to wear again.

Section 2: Big Brain Energy (BBE)

I kinda live for self improvement, and at the risk of sounding utterly wanky, my life is a journey to become the best version of myself I can possibly be, all the while also descending into utter decadence along the way. I like to expand my mind and improve my skills

image.png.02c2156f707370ea7755037e98c43d68.png:

1.      Lingoisms

I am learning Greek and I want to keep my streak going for all of next year too. I will then be able to fascinate my new in laws by telling them all about my spider's coat. 

2.      Books!

I did absolutely terribly on my Goodreads goal this year. I want to read 30 books this year. I am also working on the 1000 Books To Read Before You Die by the Guardian so this will blend into this goal too. 

3.      Other avenues of self improvement

The Ex bought me an electric learners piano and I started to learn the basic songs which bored the tits off me. I started to learn way way way more advanced stuff, entirely by ear and had a much more fun time of it and I think this is the way I learn best – just jumping in and having fun. This could be an avenue of self improvement. I also bought some canvas and paints a few months ago even though I have never in my life painted anything that wasn’t a wall. These are just examples, but I want to tinker with hobbies and artistic pursuits. Maybe even some writing because I used to love that.

Section 3: Sanctify the Sanctuary

I love my house and I have spent the last 5 years I have lived here building it into a place I never have to leave. I want to keep up with this

image.png.0c22943b37ec70a14250852868e0442a.png:

1.      Declutter!

I feel this is a goal every year, but now I live on my own and it looks like I might for the foreseeable future, my home is entirely up to me to do with it what I want, and I’d like to clear out some of the crap and make my home look a bit more deliberate. It will also be easier to keep clean as I will be working a lot of hours in the new year, particularly as I may be looking into a masters degree at some point too.

2.      Beautify my Home

Now I don’t have to consult with anyone else on decor or anything like that (like I did anyway) how my home looks is completely up to me. I might decorate. I might just beautify it with art etc. But I want it to reflect me as a person.

2024, let's goooooo! 

image.png

image.png

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Love all the goals and looking forward to see your new hobby pursuits!  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Because of so many things being so uncertain, my goals are all going to be ones that are completely down to my own effort and not reliant on any external influences. I’d like to find a solution to live with D_R. I’d like to increase my income because I live in a big fancy house all on my own and my salary is stretched. And I’d like a nest egg to fall back on. But all of those require something external happening to put me in a better position and I am increasingly learning nothing can be taken for granted. The following goals and things I want to achieve that are entirely dependent on my own efforts, and my own efforts alone.

This is actually very smart. I know I said in my Epic Quest I wasn't going to do a 2024 roadmap because how could I with all this uncertainty, but your wise approach has inspired me and I am reconsidering.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

How are things going?

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 2/9/2024 at 3:32 PM, Shello said:

How are things going?

Hey! Things are going fair to middling. Back issues means I am still very much in the rehab stage at best, probably realistically pre-rehab. I can get back to exercise but I can't push it so the 3 x 30 minutes of exercise hasn't yet been achieved in a week but I have managed two sessions for the last two weeks so it is definite progress! 

Thanks for checking in :)

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten