Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! HOLIDAY BONUS EDITION [September 9th-November 25th, 2024] [With December Holiday Bonus Weeks]

09/09: 160.2

09/16: 159.8

09/23: 159.2

09/30: 159.5

10/07: 159.1

10/14: 159.1

Maintain is better than gain, I guess?  ? 

I'm not a great cook by any stretch of the imagination but Mr Mezzo and I are wanting to start cooking more and avoiding processed foods. The trick is getting the kids (4 and 6) on board with trying new things. 1 yo will eat almost anything. :) The biggest issue for us is snacks. Salty snacks specifically are a big problem for me. But all of their favorite snacks are processed junk and I'd like to start replacing them with homemade or at least healthier dupes...

Does anyone have cookbook or youtube channel reccs, in general or on kids snacks specifically? I'm already following EpiCurious and Americas Test Kitchen for general knowledge and I've learned a lot from them! There are just soooo many options out there and it's overwhelming! 

• Like 3

STR   DEX   STA   CON   INT   WIS   CHA

2           0          4         2            0         1         0

Workin' my 'Puff into 'Tuff!

Starting weight: 246.5

W1 9/9: 249.3 (+2.3)

W2 9/16: 248.0

W3 9/23: 248.4

W4 9/30: 248.9

W5 10/7: 248.7

W6 10/14: 252.4

I haven't posted since week 1 and it's time to show up for some accountability.  I started the PVP off with a gain and then maintained for about a month.  Now I'm up again and I'm back in the 250's.   UGH.  I hate the 250's so much.  Using week 0 to ween myself back off the bad habits that are always under the surface.  Ready to make the next challenge count big time! 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

On 9/6/2024 at 2:43 AM, TimovieMan said:

Make sure you warm up and cool down during exercise to help prevent injuries! Also if you bicep curl a cat, I wanna see that.

Decided to join... and now realizing I have a challenge to attempt. 

My cats need to be held with two hands... so can't quite do the bicep curl. 

Goal: Get down to 255 and hold it until 2025. 

I've been able to sit at about 260 for over 6 months now. So settled in to the new low. 

Things I have done successfully:

Have a care plan for my flair ups, and learning to get back in my body.

I am now in a walking position at work, so doubled my movement. 

Goals for this PVP to hit lower weight. 

2 weeks - Track how many calories I am eating (Halloween should be a good tracker for the holidays ;) )

Also use Physical Therapy to add more activity. Once that habit is down - ring fit or walking 10k are the next goals. 

• Like 1

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

On 10/14/2024 at 9:43 AM, MezzothePatient said:

Does anyone have cookbook or youtube channel reccs, in general or on kids snacks specifically? I'm already following EpiCurious and Americas Test Kitchen for general knowledge and I've learned a lot from them! There are just soooo many options out there and it's overwhelming! 

Dont have anything for snacks, except I started looking at the fiber and protein content and see if there is an alternative. Finding something that fits your goals better and feeds yah over the treat aspect of most snacks. 

Zach Coen youtuber and Liam Layton  (plant_slqnt) to find alternatives of things I may enjou. Liam is not PG rated... because he swears a bit. 

27/9 - 233.7 lb

8/10 - 228.5lb
17/10 - 232

I'm going with water retention on this one. Yay hormones. Was not the most conscious of snacking this week as i am craving sugar right now (again, yay hormones ?) .

More walking is happening now though so hopefully i will get back on track 

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

On 10/17/2024 at 1:14 PM, Sea-to-sky said:

27/9 - 233.7 lb

8/10 - 228.5lb
17/10 - 232

I'm going with water retention on this one. Yay hormones. Was not the most conscious of snacking this week as i am craving sugar right now (again, yay hormones ?) .

More walking is happening now though so hopefully i will get back on track 

Blah, hate the rollercoaster ride. Hopefuly it isn't too chaotic for you, and can find a way to add that sugar with your plates and able to keep trucking along!

• That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Blah, hate the rollercoaster ride. Hopefuly it isn't too chaotic for you, and can find a way to add that sugar with your plates and able to keep trucking along!

Thanks. Hopefully i can keep it to a resonable amount now ive twigged what the problem was

• Like 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

Sundays are going to be my weigh-in day due to time. 

Starting: 260 lbs

0ct 20th: 261 lb

Starting Waist Oct 20th: 48.75 inches

Start food tracking today with adjustments for earing anti-inflammatory food. Goal is next 2 weeks, so weigbt may go up. Which is fine for the long term goalsa

• Like 2

Yesterday was a yuck weigh in but today is better so things are progressing back in the right direction again. Hopefully I can keep that up. For the accountability, though, I'll post yesterday's yuck weight and hopefully next week will look much better.

It's official now, Coach is on board with me going into a slight surplus for muscle gain, yippee! Of course, that may skew the scales a bit, but she's still slowly working me up out of a deficit and to maintenance at this point so there may be progress to be had. And, considering my 5x/week workout (weights) schedule, it may take a bit of trial and error to see where maintenance is and where a good surplus is - especially since the last time I was in maintenance is when I first started with her when my metabolism was absolutely wrecked by years of undereating. It's very likely my maintenance has increased as I've now introduced my body to eating the proper amount and fueling it for these workouts.

Alas, I have body fat I want to drop so I'll stick around for accountability and cheering everyone on, even if I don't post quite so often. I'm still cheering from the shadows, I promise.

• Like 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.