Forums are back in action! ×

What have you said "No" to today??

CMB27

I said no to the crackers and cheese that was being offered to me for me today. D: I mean, yay me for self-control. but DAMN!, free crackers and cheese.

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

Said no to the cookies that were lurking all around work today. So no girl scout cookies that I walked past at least 3 times, and no fresh-looking chocolate chip cookies that were sitting next to the water at the lunch meeting.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

I said no to getting those sweets from the farmer's market, and to eating out at the local coffee shops--no, not even getting a latte!

Great job! Coffee shops are the type of place that I am likely to cave so definitely understand the work involved there.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Well I'll tell you what I didn't say no to, the cream bun that I ate this morning! Yummy!

Having said that I have had little difficulty in saying no to all my former vices for the past 2 weeks. That includes bread, chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks! Surely one wee cream bun won't undo all that good work. And if it helps I felt guitly as sin afterwards and will most likely not eat one next time I am offered. :cool-new:

Said no to a cookie from the cafeteria that a coworker offered to me. Might make a "healthier" version for myself over the weekend though...

I said "NO" to being bummed out that I didn't hit every planned workout this week, and only managed one workout during my vacation last week.

I said "NO!" to not keeping up my commitment to Level Up my life.

Instead, I opened up the spreadsheet with my Epic Quest on my work computer and started thinking again about HOW I was going to do each one of my Quest items. I am 80% to Level 2 Assassin, so honestly, would I SERIOUSLY quit an RPG I love to play before I level even ONCE???? WTF with that?

So, on we go!

I'm disgustingly proud of myself that I said NO to:

- the three days of bagels brought in by co-workers (and placed right in front of my desk!)

- the cookies I was offered yesterday

- making pasta last night to accompany dinner

- arguing with my mom about whether I "need" grains in my diet.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Crab Rangoons!!!!!!

I just turned down crab rangoons....so proud of myself on this one. I'm not a big chinese food fan, but crab rangoons usually get me every time.....they're so addicting. I know I can't eat just one, so this time, I just said no to them entirely....starting my 4th of July holiday off on the right foot!!!

Have a great 4th everyone!!!!

I said no to letting people poison my children with large amounts of dye and sugar!

Don't get me wrong, my kids get their fair share of sugar. But I would rather them have dark chocolate dipped pretzels with a light dusting of red and blue colored sugar crystals than a red or blue white cake cupcake. Sorry if that's mean or un-American!

I also said no to forgoing my 2.5 mile walk and park workout because it "might rain". Hello? It's the desert. We will be wet for like two seconds and then it'll evaporate.

But I would rather them have dark chocolate dipped pretzels with a light dusting of red and blue colored sugar crystals than a red or blue white cake cupcake. Sorry if that's mean or un-American!

No way! I'm with you there! I don't care much for cake or cupcakes (though I don't hate them, per say), but I have a weakness for dipped pretzels!

to the OP: I said "no" to skipping my workout, a side of fries at Steak 'N' Shake (though I did get a Steakburger) and a frappuchino from the gas station!

5 different types of yummy gourmet cupcakes...

nary a bite....

Angelrock53

Newby Adventurer

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

“It takes courage...to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.â€

~ Marianne Williamson

My favourite kind of creme cookie handed around by a co-worker. I once again employed the 'take it not to be rude and then hide it in my desk drawer' manoeuvre. I came within a millimetre of eating it. It was a very close thing, but I said no. Whole wheat, masses of sugar, and who knows what else. Yes, just one biscuit, but it would spell disaster!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Over my Canada Day vacation: chips, high-sugar cappuccino, cookies, diet pop and copious amounts of fruit (again with the sugar). It wasn't a Paleo weekend, but I kipped the worst of it.

Today: A small iced cappuccino after walking around in the sun all day (not for exercise) - I just got a water instead.

Kewilson - Misfit Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operation Phoenix: 6-Week Challenge Thread

STR: 2 (+2), DEX: 0 (+1), STA: 3 (+0), CON: 4 (+0), WIS: 5 (+0), CHA: 1 (+3)

A second muffin yesterday. One was bad enough, but my coworker constantly insisted on taking his too. I managed to constantly insist no.

I wonder what today will bring, but I often don't really say "no" to food, I just avoid it all together so I'm not challenged

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived