Forums are back in action! ×

What have you said "No" to today??

CMB27

For my last birthday, I had really good friends and ex-girlfriend try to throw me a "surprise" party (though it was pretty obvious) and they brought a fruit tray. It was much better than having cake and ice cream (or pie in the OP's case) for me. Could that work for you?

The best idea! I love fruit!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I said no to rice last night with my dinner. I'm southern, and rice is, like, what we eat. So that is a HUGE step!

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Ha! I had friends make me a cheese "cake" for my last birthday - a baked brie en croute with almonds, honey, and peaches. Once I peeled back the crust, I was in heaven. ^__^

I adore baked brie, especially en croute. It's one of my favorite foods in the world. Baked brie is also really good with a dollop of grape jelly on top of biscuits. When my husband and I ate that for breakfast, he'd baked the biscuits and made the jelly himself. It was amazing.

Today at lunch, I said no to more food than I needed. I've been saying "no" a lot lately to overeating, and I'm pretty excited about that!

Last night at dinner I said no to a divine South African red wine with my steak and veg-I'm trying to limit alcohol to weekends only. But there is another bottle waiting for me to open come Friday!

Now I'm going to go say yes to some yoga!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gallifreyan Jackal Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!
(seriously updated, for reals guys)

I'm going to post in this thread EVERY DAY from here on out, just to record the various delicious morsels I turn down. I think that if I write it down and really put it in perspective, I think I'll be more pleased with myself..

Today I denied...

-Wingstop French Fries

-Fresh baked Mini Cupcakes

-Sour Patch Kids

Rather uneventful day today.. We shall see how this goes from here.

Said No to jam doughnuts yesterday. They were sat on my colleagues desk all day, with an open invitation to help myself. The me of six months ago would have helped himself, and probably to more than just one.

I've certainly found since getting in the right place mental place, regarding how I think about fitness and diet, that it's so much easier to say no things.

It used to be I could say no to the things I know I didn't need for a while, but once my willpower eroded and I gave in to something it was like the floodgates were open and I would say yes to everything before I got to a place where I felt bad about myself and would start the whole process again.

Now if I slip up and have something, it's just a blip and I'm straight back to eating like I know I should. This is a pretty big achievement for me I feel.

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

Said No to jam doughnuts yesterday. They were sat on my colleagues desk all day, with an open invitation to help myself. The me of six months ago would have helped himself, and probably to more than just one.

I've certainly found since getting in the right place mental place, regarding how I think about fitness and diet, that it's so much easier to say no things.

It used to be I could say no to the things I know I didn't need for a while, but once my willpower eroded and I gave in to something it was like the floodgates were open and I would say yes to everything before I got to a place where I felt bad about myself and would start the whole process again.

Now if I slip up and have something, it's just a blip and I'm straight back to eating like I know I should. This is a pretty big achievement for me I feel.

Congrats! I agree on that being a big achievement! I'm still working on that anyway :)

Today I said no to bread during lunch. That's a really big step for me.

Spoiler

I said no to bread again! But this time it might actually come to the point that I have a full primal day!

It was very hard with such limited alternatives... cucumber, boiled egg, mandarin, banana... that was my lunch just now... luckily I'm actually full now.

Spoiler

I said no to bread again! But this time it might actually come to the point that I have a full primal day!

It was very hard with such limited alternatives... cucumber, boiled egg, mandarin, banana... that was my lunch just now... luckily I'm actually full now.

It gets easier. I can't remember the last time I had bread. Plus you can eat more when 200 to 500 calories aren't coming from bread. You could of had two eggs and a cucumber for the same,e or slightly less calories than to slices of bread.

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

I've found that after getting focused to make a lifestyle change I've been saying no to a lot of things, most importantly for me though is not a specific food - it's for anything I deem detrimental to my goals. This includes anything from starchy goodness to procrastination, especially that little voice that comes up with an excuse to move something important to the dreaded TOMORROW.

I love this forum, great inspiration and motivation! :love-struck:

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

It gets easier. I can't remember the last time I had bread. Plus you can eat more when 200 to 500 calories aren't coming from bread. You could of had two eggs and a cucumber for the same,e or slightly less calories than to slices of bread.

Well it's just the cafeteria is so set on grains! It's not that I miss the bread when I have a good alternative meal.

The "meals" they offer are pretty much worthless and taste like crap....

So I should bring my own lunch obviously, but I'm still struggling just to cook at home for dinner... so I don't want to do too much all at once.

Spoiler

This is an awesome question that we should all pose to ourselves. i just wrote a fairly lengthy post about some of the problems i'm having in diet and workout (many reasons) but, this is a simple, direct way to check yourself. When you are about to indulge, ask yourself "What have I said no to today?"

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Well it's just the cafeteria is so set on grains! It's not that I miss the bread when I have a good alternative meal.

The "meals" they offer are pretty much worthless and taste like crap....

So I should bring my own lunch obviously, but I'm still struggling just to cook at home for dinner... so I don't want to do too much all at once.

I gotcha. Yes that is tough when you are a captive audience. I always keep cans of tuna around in case I forgot lunch or was lazy that day. That way I have something to eat.

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

I said no to delicious rolls with butter while out at Logans Roadhouse. Ironically, I didn't miss them much. The steak and lobster and veggie skewer was awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I just said no to a slice of chocolate cake which was placed on my desk. Gave it away once the person that dropped it off had left.

The person who gave it to me is an academic in the university that I have regular dealings with, but see in person very rarely. She was here for a meeting and wanted to come say hi. Very thoughtful of her, but not what I'm after.

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

Yesterday i said no to stopping. Around my last half mile I wanted to give up and walk and I said no. I said it a lot. About every five seconds for the last half mile. It became my manta. Made it.

I LOVE IT! ETFNerd put up a quote in the thread of awesomeness,

Your mind will quit a thousand times before you body will.

I find that often I have to concentrate on NOT thinking about a million other things when I run, and just focus on the joy of running!

Archived