Forums are back in action! ×

Shy girl putting her nose out!

Hi I'm Kibcy (this is my lame super hero name, but I like it!)

I'm a 24 year old female and I'm from the Netherlands (this small European country better known as Holland)

Excuse me for the length of what's to come, but I'm just really excited and nervous at the same time!

I officially started weight loss/exercise August 1st 2011. Since then I lost about 8 kilo (it varies, and that's 17.6 pounds). I'm very proud of this!

However I got very demotivated a few months back (but didn't gain weight regardless!). Then I had a medical problem and ended up unable to workout for 2 weeks.

Coincidentally I found a GREAT resource (this one) just this week and since Thursday I can actually workout again!

Now with weight loss it's pretty much still sitting okay at that 8 kilo, I'm at a healthy weight now.

I'm just out of shape, again. BUT thanks to NF I'm totally ready to work on that!

Yesterday I've been reading a ton of NF articles (because read one and all those links and... you get the point)

Today I've been filling in some things in accordance with some of the articles.

And today I signed up here!!!

So a quick, "where I stand".

Yesterday I started running (because I feel like it, now to only come to like it haha).

I'm using this Flemish program called StartToRun, which is basically a series of podcasts to help you work toward running 5k.

I started with lesson 1 full of motivation and I'm happy to say I got half way! (this is 1 min running, 1 min walking, 1 min running, 1 min walking, 2 min running, 2 min walking)

Really had to squeeze out those last 2 min, but did it anyway.

Today I started with the Angry Birds workout, because that just totally appealed to me.

I downloaded the sheet that Steve offered and then totally tweaked it and automated it (it automatically grades and automatically raises levels, I don't like filling in lots of stuff haha)

So here's what I accomplished:

- 40 squats (surprisingly this went really well and I could just keep going!)

- 40 incline push ups. I did these in sets of 10.

- 30 bent over rows, one set of 20 and one of 10.

- 20 seconds of plank, two sets of 10 seconds. (really need to practice this!)

I'm just majorly surprised I was able to do all this! And I'm really proud! (especially on those 20 sec of plank, really had to push myself there!)

So I'm feeling really awesome about myself since a long time.

Body-image is a tricky thing, at least for me, and it easily changes.

So right now I'm feeling pretty darn slim! :) (whether I am or not is irrelevant in my opinion)

I'm going for the Ranger profession as it appeals to me most.

I'll try to keep my progress in my signature up to date.

There's still a few things I need to figure out (my superhero power for example), but I'm sure I'll get to that in time!

For now I'm just really excited to be here and I hope this'll be a better message board experience than any of my others (this is something I am to blame for by not being active at all).

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Welcome! I did the Couch to 5K program when I first started running and it sounds similar to your program. Great way to approach running, in my opinion! And the Angry Birds workout is popular here, too. So I say you've got a great start, based on what you've already done and how excited you are! Congrats on your weight loss (and maintenance)! And body image is one of those slippery little things, but hang onto it now that you've got a hold of it. :)

PS I struggle with planks, too.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Thank you!!! I'm very excited to work on this indeed... and my mom was all impressed with me today, so that's a plus haha.

Yeah body-image really depends on what I do or don't do? When I work out it's all positive, when I feel I should work out, but don't it goes down. When I eat something unhealthy it goes down the drain too.

Basically when I'm behaving healthy, I'll have a healthy body-image :)

NF just has me rethinking of what healthy and unhealthy eating actually is!

I want to try Paleo, but I'm a bit afraid I won't be able to get enough food in my system that way? (I'm a terribly picky eater unfortunately)

Plus that I'm a little unsure how to implement it into my daily life.

Just some research I still need to do.

Spoiler

Welkom! Hoe gaat het met u?

Very glad to have you join us!

I know the body-image thing, and it sounds like you are on the right track...just be careful with it. I know some times I just feel 'fat', yet everyone around me says 'NO WAY'. so now days, I just trust how my body 'feel's and not how I think it looks.

Rangers are awesome, and a great choice. Good luck to you, and hope to see you around the Forum :)

I know the body-image thing, and it sounds like you are on the right track...just be careful with it. I know some times I just feel 'fat', yet everyone around me says 'NO WAY'. so now days, I just trust how my body 'feel's and not how I think it looks.

Rangers are awesome, and a great choice. Good luck to you, and hope to see you around the Forum :)

I detect Dutch :D lol lol.

Hmm well since I lost 8 kilo, unless I'm doing something unhealthy I don't really feel fat anymore (unless I look at myself in the mirror when I'm naked, which I don't).

I'm not slim, I know that, but I used to judge people with the same size and body type as me as looking okay, but myself as fat. So every time I caught myself doing that I stopped, told myself that person was the same size/body type and that put a smile on my face. So I judge myself not so harshly anymore.

Thanks :) I didn't like the super focus of the warrior or the scout, so I thought Ranger would be a nice mix!

The others just didn't really appeal to me. Truth be told it aligns well with my gaming preferences XD (my first WoW character was a hunter, totally biased for the pet animal though)

I generally choose for warrior or something along the lines of ranger.

Spoiler

Wow :D 

amazing to see how did you started and when you are now :)

I hope one day I will also be looking at my intro topic and could say: I did it !

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Wow :D 

amazing to see how did you started and when you are now :)

I hope one day I will also be looking at my intro topic and could say: I did it !

Thank you. It's not that amazing though? Yeah I'm a little more fit, mostly more strong.

I'm also a few kilo heavier again, and no it's not muscle.

So I'm not actually at a place where I'm saying "I did it". I am at the place of "I'm working on it and actually see progress".

It all takes time and effort. Just keep working hard :D

Spoiler

Yes, I guess it's a non-stop battle this "being in shape" thing :)

Trouble is - sometimes choice between "do it" or "leave it" can be very, very hard...

Well, good luck with your goals ! See u around :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Yes, I guess it's a non-stop battle this "being in shape" thing :)

Trouble is - sometimes choice between "do it" or "leave it" can be very, very hard...

Well, good luck with your goals ! See u around :D

It is!

Definitely true. The trick is to not make it a choice. There's only "do it".

Thank you!

Spoiler

Archived