Forums are back in action! ×

What the heck was I thinking?

Oh, right! I thought it'd be fun to whip myself back into shape!

I haven't been fit for 9 years... Which happens to be when I tore my ACL playing soccer. Also happens to be when I got married!

Well, I am now done with the baby making (I have two precious little girls, who can beat up all the little boys because that's how we roll) so it's time for me to quit the excuses.

Background: I am a military brat (turned military spouse). Both of my parents are pretty fit. Mom was a track star in high school, a bodybuilder, and now competes in the senior Olympics. Dad did triathalons, mountain biking, and lots of swimming. I know, you are thinking "how cool", but not so much. I was not included in these events. And my parents are yoyo exercises, kind of like yoyo diets, but with exercise. Back to me (can you tell I am an only child yet?) I played soccer for 10 years. I was better than good, too! The week before I was supposed to be scouted to play professional women's soccer IN ITALY, I tore my ACL. Yup, the week before, in ITALY! I would have loved to play soccer for a few more years, but I love my life and I would never trade it! It took four years for the docs to finally listen to me and give me an MRI. A year after that, knee surgery. At this point my first born was 15 months. After the surgery, I got back in shape pretty quick. But, we decided to have another baby and I had to pack on some pounds to get through another pregnancy. Yeah, sounds weird, but I get very sick when I am pregnant, weight loss, dehydration, hospitalization, blah blah blah. At my heaviest (right before I found out I was pregnant) I was over 210. Maybe even 220. I am only 5'6". The day I left the hospital after giving birth, I weighed 165! Yup, the pregnancy diet worked for me! But, I gained most of it back. I starved for 9 months and I took full advantage of eating solid food again! Fast forward to last fall, I weighted about 190. I also was diagnosed with a gluten allergy. Yucky! But, better in the long run because now I CAN'T have most processed food. I will take that as a win! so now I think we are all caught up.

After finding out about the gluten, I decided to get serious about my health. I have two little girls that need a fit mommy! I am now down to 165 purely from changing my diet. Now I think I am ready to get on this exercise thing. I still have issues with my knee, but that's not going to stop me. I don't have any interest in running a marathon anyway! Here are some of my goals. Feel free to comment with any other suggestions you may have! I am always up for a challenge! I may not accept, but I'd love to hear you thoughts!

Goals

- Run a 5k, that's as far as I'm going!

- do a pull-up, and then two, you get the idea!

- Do a one handed pushup

- do a back walk over

Hello and welcome!!

Sounds like quite a story. Also really weird to hear about your pregnancy weight loss.

But really good that you're getting into shape and making so many positive changes!!

Gluten allergy sounds bad! Haha I'd totally be at a loss if that happened to me (well it would force me to research alternatives more urgently)

Sounds like some pretty nice goals!

Maybe you'd like the Angry Birds workout? It would give a bit of structure and set goals to work toward!

At least I really liked the idea of it!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived