Forums are back in action! ×

Hola! I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I found nerd fitness from a pinterest pin about staci, and am truly inspired. I started getting healthy two years ago, eating better and doing Jillian michaels DVDs. I got bored after a year and have tried yoga, Pilates, running, and finally joined a gym in feb of this year. I met with a trainer a few times who emphasized the importance of weights. I like lifting so much more than cardio, so I have been focusing on strength since. I started eating cleanly, mostly paleo, and really SANE since May 20 or so. I love the paleo way of eating. I feel so much better and find myself to be less impulsive when I'm not consuming sugars and starches.

I'm getting married next year and have many goals I intend to accomplish before I say I do. The biggest one is losing six pant/dress sizes. I'm a 12 right now, but want to be no larger than a 6. I want to be able to do a pull up and have been working on this. I want a flat stomach and toned arms and to be able to kick any attackers ass should I ever need.

I'm not really into gaming, but I'm def a nerd. I'm about to graduate finally with a degree in Econ and love math and analyzing numbers. My life goal is to get a job in the financial field or something that would allow me to use the awesome skills I've gained from college, as my current job is mind-numbing and doesn't allow me to use anything I've learned.

I have a 6 year old boy who wants to learn to battle Pokemon, so thats a goal. To be able to allow him to learn and pursue that, which is pretty nerdy, as he takes after his momma ;)

So far I'm enamoraed with this awesomeness created by Steve. I love the blog and the boards seem to be filled with kickass people, so super psyched I found my way here.

Risa

Archived