Forums are back in action! ×

Super..

Missy

The ability to move within space and time. Like Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. (I was a history major...time and space field trips anyone?)

Man...remember that show? Remember when it didn't suck?

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

--Viktor Frankl paraphrasing Goethe

The ability to move within space and time. Like Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. (I was a history major...time and space field trips anyone?)

Man...remember that show? Remember when it didn't suck?

I was going to say that! The first season of Heroes is epic. Second less so, third it goes downhill, then beyond that it's even further downhill (stopped watching halfway through fourth I think)

Definitely time-space manipulation, which is what Hiro Nakamura can do. (Basically teleport, stop time, slow time, etc)

Or, assuming other people have superpowers, Peter Petrelli's: super power mimicry! All in one, yay!

Telekinesis sounds cool too. Wouldn't telekinesis technically allow for immortality, somehow? Like... controlling the movement of your DNA/telomeres?

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Telekinesis sounds cool too. Wouldn't telekinesis technically allow for immortality, somehow? Like... controlling the movement of your DNA/telomeres?

i don't think that would work because it would but at a severally small scale that you couldn't see it with your eyes.

mine would have to be teleportation (with my clothes, nightcrawler style). i'd love to never have to use a car again, and i could travel ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Time travel. I love the idea of making a mistake learning from said mistake then repeating what I had just done and trying something new. Also it would be easy to become successful monetarily, which isn't everything but of course is always nice. I mean it would be like having the sports almanac like Biff. :)

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

I was going to say that! The first season of Heroes is epic. Second less so, third it goes downhill, then beyond that it's even further downhill (stopped watching halfway through fourth I think)

I gave up somewhere in the second series. It was slow, unfocused and surprisingly miserable. Hiro was the only one who actually worked as a character; everyone else seemed to hate their powers, while he was exploring them and developed a great deal over the series. The lack of humour was the main problem, as far as I can tell.

I'm in favour of mental manipulation - being able to read and control the thoughts of other people. If you can do that, you don't need most other powers - you can make people think you already do. But failing that, I'd love to have Magneto's powers. He can even use them to fly!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

You know the feeling that all the best ideas come always too late?

Possibly a good superpower to have would be to get all the good ideas when they would've been needed?

Immensely frustrating btw, because I would get the good idea for what to wish for a superpower after picking this?

Also overlaps with time paradoxes.

And this would also kinda erase itself, if it wasn't the best power to pick at the moment.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Another one!

If everyone had superpowers, I'd say 'immunity' to superpowers would be quite a good one to have. You can see the invisible, block mindreaders, kill immortals, etc.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

For example in Rome as well in Creece they had specific gods for everything. Ares, god of war, Juppiter was the Big Boss and Minerva a goddess of wisdom and so on.

Anyway, to be a god of something? I would pick a God of 'Cool' Virtually everything can be considered cool by someone -being an good parent, owning neat (and expensive) stuff, action heroes, looking good, plain nice personality and being excited about things... would I be forced to pick something and never change it or how the God of Superpowers (a big loophole right there, don't you think? Again all possible superpowers.) would make me do it? And would I have to answer prayers all the time or be forced to have followers?

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Definately OmniPresence/Teleportation (like the guy in jumper)
or Time Control. But so many people said that it's not even cool anymore.

So I'm going with teleportation, because therese no risk of destroying the world by altering history. Also no weird paradoxes I need to wrap my head around. (sidenote: Grandfather-paradox easy solution: you kill him AFTER he fathers your father DUH!)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

substix, 13.1.2013 11.27 PM: (sidenote: Grandfather-paradox easy solution: you kill him AFTER he fathers your father DUH!)

But what if my father then missed all the important lessons this grandpa taught him?

He then decides to move to Australia instead of London and never meets the wonderful neightbor

who would have been his wife, chain ending I hadn't born before I started the journey.

Or me living in Australia :D Kinda fun to construct these...

You know the feeling that all the best ideas come always too late?

Possibly a good superpower to have would be to get all the good ideas when they would've been needed?

Immensely frustrating btw, because I would get the good idea for what to wish for a superpower after picking this?

Also overlaps with time paradoxes.

And this would also kinda erase itself, if it wasn't the best power to pick at the moment.

sort of like when someone insults you and you think of the best comeback.....as soon as you walk away?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'esprit_de_l'escalier

I'd have super speed. Like Flash-level super speed. I'd be able to pop over to different countries for some take-away every night! Plus it'd be a great help on the football pitch.

Ranger
str 4 - dex 4 - sta 3 - con 2 - wis 2 - cha 1
Level 1

Epic Challenge #1               Quest list

"Fitness is not 80% diet and 20% training, its 100% dedication to your diet and your training."

Archived