Forums are back in action! ×

Keep some momentum

I'm a giant(or at least half-giant) at 6'8" and 430 lbs. I'm a perpetual learning machine, and have set for myself the quest of learn everything, and find a way to make it possible for others to do so. I'm an software development intern for a fitness company at the moment. I lost about 50lbs 2 years ago through a painful process of calorie counting, and self-deprivation, and gained 40 of it back over the intervening time. In may the pants I bought at my smaller size stopped fitting again, and I started my internship, between the two I cleaned up my diet a lot, and have dropped 10lbs since may.

After finding this blog earlier the week I devoured article after article, and finally stumbled onto The beginner body weight workout . I decided that I should just get going, so I hopped of my computer and did the workout. I'm somewhat surprised at the results.

I managed all of the squats(with my hands out front), and all the pushups(if 2 sets of 5 counts), but only managed 6 lunges(Holy Cow they killed). I skipped barbell rows today due to roommate yelling about using the milk for that, but have left a note to have the next empty milk jug saved for me to fill up and use. The plank was a joke, but I think I got up in the right position for a second(and tomorrow I can try for 2!). The jumping jacks killed me and left me wheezing, but after a glass of water I felt better than I had all week, and decided that I should get on the forums and join the rebellion.

So here I am, I'm in. I suspect that I'm going to need more help with doing progress reports(especially since I've got software shipping this week, and just inherited the guy who just quit's entire workload!), and keeping going than anything else. I'm not sure about forum rules, where's the right place to make a daily log appear?

I'll make a picture happen tomorrow when my phone is charged.

The tic in my name comes from Tourettes Syndrome( a story for another time), and the viking from my family heritage.

Welcome! Sounds like you're going in the right direction!

Don't worry about plank too much haha, I have a hard time with it too!

The first time I could go 10 seconds for 2 sets.

The second time I did plank first and could do 15 seconds of 3 sets.

It's just clenching your teeth and trying to really keep going with all your might.... or something like that.

Anyway, you're going in a good direction!!

As for your workout log, you can post it in the Workout Battle Logs, it's what I do anyway.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Welcome to NF - we welcome viking stock!

That beginner workout can be brutal, can't it? Good for you for jumping into it!

Human Druid/Cleric - LvL 3
STR (6.5); DEX (4); STA (9.5); CON (10); WIS (9); CHA (3)

I will not live my life based upon the ideals of someone else. My value is inherent in my existence.

Long term goal: King Pigeon and Dancer.

Archived