Forums are back in action! ×

Early morning rising / workouts

Siferiax

Has anyone ever transformed to a morning person for the sake of exercise? Long-term, I mean.

I did, but not by choice. I went through military training in Mississippi, and the only time when it's not dangerous to be outdoors (because of the heat) was before the sun came up. We had mandatory PT every morning at 4, got to school by 6. It sounds awful but it really wasn't bad.

I still wake up earlier than I need to because I hate rushing in the morning, but I haven't yet been able to form a morning workout habit. I wake up at 5 to be at work at 7, which leaves me time to work out, but honestly I just like lollygagging and taking my time in the morning. I can be disciplined enough to wake up early, but not to use my time wisely. Also, I go to sleep as soon as it is dark, which is usually about 9pm.

Also, I go to sleep as soon as it is dark, which is usually about 9pm.

If I do that I'd go to sleep around midnight maybe?! LOL

It's pretty much daylight at 9pm.

I try to go to bed at 9pm regardless. Hasn't been working lately though... I keep meddling when I know I need to go to bed...

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Interesting, I tend to get up when the sun does or a bit earlier and go immediately out to do chores. Which can be a minor workout or a major one depending. Then in for breakfast and then out again for whatever outside work we need to do. I'm struggling with when to work out myself. I loved working out in the am before breakfast but I can't do that and get the critters taken care of before it gets too hot and after chores means I am hungry. After breakfast is not a good choice because I can't do much with a full stomach and by 2-3 in the afternoon all I want is a nap. Iv'e tried working out in the evening but I end up being wide awake all night and it totally screws up my next day. My only suggestion is play with the times and see what works for you. As I said I'm still struggling getting my workout time.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Has anyone ever transformed to a morning person for the sake of exercise? Long-term, I mean.

I'm very much NOT a morning person, but I find the morning is when I get the best workouts. If I wait until after I'm done, I find it more and more difficult to keep up a work schedule. By getting it done in the morning when I first get up, I don't have to worry about it later on. I also have less issues with my EIU (exercise induced uticaria) when I work out in the morning.

I'm not an early morning person in general. On weekends I'll work out just after I wake up (anywhere between 8 am and 2 pm). I'm a college student, but have a summer job that I get up around 6am for (definitely respect you for getting up at 5:15), but I've been pretty good about working out after I get home from work. When I'm back at school most of my classes start later in the morning so on day's I don't have practice, I'll hit the gym, shower, and grab food before class.

Although thinking about it, I can get up early for sport because some weekends we need to be up before 5 AM for tournaments during the season. I just go with the theory that it doesn't matter when you work out, as long as you get it done.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Interesting, I tend to get up when the sun does or a bit earlier and go immediately out to do chores. Which can be a minor workout or a major one depending. Then in for breakfast and then out again for whatever outside work we need to do. I'm struggling with when to work out myself. I loved working out in the am before breakfast but I can't do that and get the critters taken care of before it gets too hot and after chores means I am hungry. After breakfast is not a good choice because I can't do much with a full stomach and by 2-3 in the afternoon all I want is a nap. Iv'e tried working out in the evening but I end up being wide awake all night and it totally screws up my next day. My only suggestion is play with the times and see what works for you. As I said I'm still struggling getting my workout time.

Sounds like you're quit busy. Hope you find a good time to work out!!

I'm not an early morning person in general. On weekends I'll work out just after I wake up (anywhere between 8 am and 2 pm). I'm a college student, but have a summer job that I get up around 6am for (definitely respect you for getting up at 5:15), but I've been pretty good about working out after I get home from work. When I'm back at school most of my classes start later in the morning so on day's I don't have practice, I'll hit the gym, shower, and grab food before class.

Although thinking about it, I can get up early for sport because some weekends we need to be up before 5 AM for tournaments during the season. I just go with the theory that it doesn't matter when you work out, as long as you get it done.

It's great hearing all these people that work out around the same time as me!

My kitten has been more independent, so he takes up almost no time in the morning anymore.

I have time to make a breakfast :o I was boiling an egg this morning.

Still 45 min before leaving, doesn't leave much time. I'm slow. I could workout, but then I wouldn't be able to shower... showering takes up at least 20 minutes for some reason...

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived