Forums are back in action! ×

Ciao fellow nerds!

My name's Jade and I'm terrible at writing these things! :) I'm 20, from the East of England and wish to completely change my fitness.

Being on a computing degree (Final year in September wooh!) and a pencil/digital artist in my free time, I sit around a lot, which is less than ideal. About 3-4 months ago I started going yoga regularly at home, and with walking to Uni this was okay for a time, now I'm at home for the summer though, I need to get active! Last summer I went up a dress size and couldn't fit into a lot of my clothes, and despite thinking I'd lost weight, I still can't D: I'm awful at making excuses so I'm hoping that joining some of the challenges and just joining a fabulous community in general will make me stick to it :) I think I want to be a Ranger, but I'll work that out as and when :)

So, basically, for now I'm going to give myself 6 weeks to fit up and hopefully get into my smaller clothes. I'm interested in Primal but for now I'm just trying to change a few things and see how that goes. Also, by Christmas I'd like to be able to do a pull-up! I have a year until I graduate and I'd like to start my adult life being happy with myself and having achieved something big (apart from my degree!)

I look forward to fitting up, chatting to people and just generally geeking out :)

Human Ranger

2.5 STR | 2 DEX | 1.5 STA | 1.5 CON | 4 WIS | 3.5 CHA

welcome aboard!

I am biased, but Primal/Paleo rocks! still, you go with what works best for you, and grats on joining up with us all :)

Stop by the chat room, or hit us up on the forums, there are so many helpful, intelligent people here that you can always find answers to help you along!

Welcome!! :D

If you really want to go with those 6 weeks, it would be an idea to set up some solid goals/plans and to keep track of your progress!

Can't really make out if that was your strategy or not, but just a tip!

Good luck reaching your goals!!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Yeah I definitely think I'm gonna start doing more Primal/Paleo, we need to do a food shop anyway so I'll ask mum for some new things to try :)

Aha yeah, I was gonna make a quest thread for my goals :) got a handy habit-tracking app on my iPod too which helps!

Thank youuu :D <3

Human Ranger

Awesome! Good luck!! :D

May I ask what app?? I'm always interested in handy apps :)

Spoiler

Thank you ^_^

It's called Way of Life, basically you say whether a habit is good or bad and track your progress each day. I think it cost a little but it's working for me :) it even has graphs and things haha

Human Ranger

Thank you ^_^

It's called Way of Life, basically you say whether a habit is good or bad and track your progress each day. I think it cost a little but it's working for me :) it even has graphs and things haha

Wow! So I searched Way of Life in the app store and came up empty.

Then searched habit tracker and there it was!

What the... oh well! It was free, so just installed it!

Going to be fiddling around with it! Thank you!

Spoiler

Oh how strange! Ah that's even better :) No problem, hope it works for you! I know I've been through several D:

So far it seems quite awesome!

I was using Daily Tracker which is a really nice one too, but does cost money.

Did see Way of Life also costs money if you want more than 3 items, I will look at home how much and consider :)

Spoiler

Archived