Forums are back in action! ×

Quick intro post - I've just discovered the NF blog, then this forum and am spending waaay too much time here. I'm seriously loving it though! I'm quite a long way down my 'getting healthy and fit' road, but have stepped things up quite a bit since January. Went Paleo, mainly due to my food intolerances, got much better, lots of energy and then discovered CrossFit. Which I unapologetically love. I also do a bit of Bikram yoga, because I love the heat and all of us need a good stretch, no? I love lifting weights. Love, love, love it. I also do Krav Maga - just because really. Other than that, I've got 4 young kids, I work part-time at home and also run my own business, spend too much time sitting on my butt on the sofa hunched over a lap-top. That's about it!

What I'm needing is a kick to take things forward I suppose and motivation to keep going, although CrossFit is really good for that. I have a bit more fat to lose, and lots of skills to learn. I'm a bit remedial with things like skipping and swimming. But I refuse to think of myself as weak and un-athletic anymore.

Welcome to the forum!! :D

There's a lot of people here that would jump on a chance to give you advice and help you!

At least that's my experience so far. I'm only just starting out.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived