3. Death Cab for Cutie: transatlantism

4. Sleater-Kinney: Hot Rock

5. PJ Harvey: Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea

Runner up: Dark Side of the Moon

Level 1 Dwarf Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2.5 DEX 1 STA 2 CON 2.5 WIS 4 CHA 2

"Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry" Jack Kerouac

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18187-Drayz-First-Fall-Challenge

I like singles more often than full albums, but some albums just stand out.

No particular order, except for #1:

1. Turn on the Bright Lights - Interpol

2. Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers

3. Aenima - Tool

4. A Heap of Broken Images - Blue Sky Black Death

5. Anything by Matthew Good, especially Hospital Music and Vancouver (YES THAT'S CHEATING NO I DON'T CARE >:( )

Love the varied musical tastes, they're all over the place!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]We will lead by example.

My desert island top 5 albums...

1. Clash - London Calling
  2. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy
  3. Dillinger Four - Midwestern Songs of the Americas
  4. Descendents - Milo goes to College
  5. Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime

Short, fast, loud. That's how I like em.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jabba the Hupp, level 4 Dwarf Warrior

STR 21|DEX 9|STA 12|CON 9.5|WIS 5|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

My Bucket List

In no particular order:

Overkill - The Years of Decay

Gamma Ray - No World Order

Gamma Ray - Powerplant

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Mr. Big - Back to Budokan (Live album. also funny how Mr. Big is an American band that's huge in Asia but no one has heard of in the US)

My desert island top 5 albums...

1. Clash - London Calling
  2. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy
  3. Dillinger Four - Midwestern Songs of the Americas
  4. Descendents - Milo goes to College
  5. Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime

Short, fast, loud. That's how I like em.

Aw, Jawbreaker! back when emo didn't mean guyliner and flatirons! (Dear You and Bivouacare long-time faves :))

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

No real order here, these depend entirely on my mood

The Clash - London Calling

Clutch - Pure Rock Fury

Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth

Murder by Death - Who Will Survive and What Will be Left of Them?

Johnny Cash - The Essential Johnny Cash Collection

EightDigit - Level 1 Dwarven RangerSTR: 3 | DEX : 3 | STA : 3 | CON : 2 | WIS : 2 | CHA : 2Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade.-Rudyard KiplingBattleLog | G+ Account 

1. The Sickness- Disturbed

2. Iowa- Slipknot

3. The Great Southern Trendkill- Pantera

4. Valley of the Damned- Dragonforce

5. 2001- Dr. Dre (I know I know completely random left field but this album was sooo good.)

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

I had trouble with five so I will give you the ten I narrowed it down to in no particular order.

Paul's Boutique- Beastie Boys

The Bends-Radiohead

Get Lifted-John Legend

Violent Femmes-Violent Femmes

Weezer-Blue Album

Back to Black-Amy Winehouse

The Miseducation of Lauren Hill

Bossanova-Pixies

I'm Wide Awake It's Morning-Bright Eyes

Orphans-Tom waits

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I had trouble with five so I will give you the ten I narrowed it down to in no particular order.

Paul's Boutique- Beastie Boys

The Bends-Radiohead

Get Lifted-John Legend

Violent Femmes-Violent Femmes

Weezer-Blue Album

Back to Black-Amy Winehouse

The Miseducation of Lauren Hill

Bossanova-Pixies

I'm Wide Awake It's Morning-Bright Eyes

Orphans-Tom waits

I love the Violent Femmes album so much. Every track is great, wouldn't dream of skipping anything on it.

Bossanova seems like an odd choice for the Pixies. I like it plenty, but Doolittle seems like the obvious choice from their discography.

I'll probably revisit Bossanova today now, just to check I've not just been sleeping on it as it probably gets the least rotation from me out of all their stuff.

Follow me on Twitter: @garth_green

i freaking love British Singer/Songwriters so something a bit like this:

1) Ben Howard - Every Kingdom

2) All the Little Lights - Passenger (AKA Mike Rosenberg)

3) Write it on Your Skin - Newton Faulkner

4) Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More

5) Hey Rosetta! - Into Your Lungs

I love the Violent Femmes album so much. Every track is great, wouldn't dream of skipping anything on it.

Bossanova seems like an odd choice for the Pixies. I like it plenty, but Doolittle seems like the obvious choice from their discography.

I'll probably revisit Bossanova today now, just to check I've not just been sleeping on it as it probably gets the least rotation from me out of all their stuff.

It was a toss up for me between Doolittle and Bossanova....I have to say Bossanova won by a slim margin.

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

1. The Sickness- Disturbed

2. Iowa- Slipknot

3. The Great Southern Trendkill- Pantera

4. Valley of the Damned- Dragonforce

5. 2001- Dr. Dre (I know I know completely random left field but this album was sooo good.)

You liked Trendkill over Vulgar...wow. Personally I love all Pantera, going back to their indies they released when I saw them as a bar/cover band in the mid 80s. Of course "13 Steps to Nowhere" and "Drag the Waters" do kick ass!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

You liked Trendkill over Vulgar...wow. Personally I love all Pantera, going back to their indies they released when I saw them as a bar/cover band in the mid 80s. Of course "13 Steps to Nowhere" and "Drag the Waters" do kick ass!!!

Haha I thought I might see this...and to explain it all i can say is Trendkill was the metal album that got me into metal....kind of nostalgic I guess but man the first time I heard War Nerve followed by Drag the Waters I was hooked, haha. I got into the rest of their stuff later on.

Also on a aside if I got 6 albums i would definitely take Liquid Tension Experiment discs 1 and 2. If you don't know who this is find there music online and thank me later. (just a heads up but no vocals) :-)

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Looks like I'm a bit of a latecomer to the party...hope there are still some hors d'oeuvres left for me to nibble. :)

My five, in no particular order:

1) Mothership Connection -- Parliament

2) Head Hunters -- Herbie Hancock

3) Speakerboxxx/The Love Below -- OutKast

4) Abraxas -- Santana

5) Who's Next -- The Who

OK here are mine. They are going to be all over the place, literally, and honestly five is too little, but let's see what happens.

In no particular order:

Dyonisos - La Mecanique de Coeur

Dyonisos is a french band that has been around since the late eighties, and I think their music just keeps getting better and better. La Mecanique de Coeur is not an album: it's a story about a boy who was born with no heart, and had to be substituted by a mechanic clock. Using several songs in english and french we find out what happens to that little boy when he grows up, and when he falls in love, particularly because the clock cannot take such strains. Mostly rock, but has some interesting rap thrown in there.*

Olivia Ruiz - Le Chocolat Show

Another french artist, in this case a former winner of the french American Idol. And boy you can tell the difference between American Idol and its french counterpart. Already she has been called the new Edith Piaf. This album is a live recording of her show in Paris, in which the arrangement of the songs was to follow a circus act (appropiate since the arena whe this was presented was formerly a circus). Arranged in the classic structure of the three act spectacle, it's something beautiful to listen (and if you see some of the videos in youtube, the show was pretty good too!)

Shakira - MTV Unplugged

Her last album before she started writing in english, this is a Shakira that is closer to her rock origins, and where experimenting means fusoning latin american sounds with a rough voice and a rock background. To me this was the apex of her career, and I long to see her do an album that does justice to rock again. Particularly interesting "Ciega, Sordomuda" because the original song was rock/pop, and here she transformed it into a raspy and poignant mariachi song.*

Various artists - Bimexicano

I'm a sucker for three kind of albums: those that tell a story, unplugged and live shows, and cover albums. In this case, this album was a project comissioned to celebrate the 200 years of Mexico's Independence, and they gathered some of the biggest names in Mexico's indie pop and rock to do so. A beautiful and interesting way to learn about mexican cultural music but listening to rock instead.*

Evanescence - Fallen

Probably the weakest of my list, but I cannot not include it. This is my default go-to album when I'm depressed, down or frustrated. Nobody can deny that Amy Lee's voice is gorgeous and sometimes you need something emo in order to realize WTF? I ain't that bad!

So many albums and artists I didn't mention! German bands (Sportfreunde Stiller's MTV Unplugged in New York; Wir Sind Helden's Die Reklamation), English (Muse, The Beatles), American, South American... oh boy, I can spend lots and lots of time talking music!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity. Or practice.

Infinity Knight Assassin

Because not only the World but the Entire Universe is my playground

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

I Cook! Kinda...

Tough one not to over think so these are the 1st albums that come to mind.

Undoing Ruin - Darkest Hour

Deep Blue - Parkway Drive

Smash - The Offspring

Anchors Aweigh - The Bouncing Souls

Exile in Oblivion - Strung Out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Look out world, I'm smokin' TNT and I'm drinkin' dynamite, so if you know what's good for ya, get out of my way. - SK

Challenge 1: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15703-Scooter-McGee-1st-Challenge

OK, I have finally made my decisions.

1. Johnny Cash: Love, God, and Murder. I know it is a boxed set, but the songs were hand picked by Johnny for this three disc set.

2. Mark Lanegan: Field Songs. This was a tough choice between this one and Bubblegum.

3. Social Distortion: Social Distortion. "Ball and Chain", "Story of my Life", "Sick Boy", and a kick assed cover of "Ring of Fire". What's not to love.

4. The Pogues: Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash. Side one is a perfect album side (I'm old, I first heard this on vinyl).

5. Tom Waits: Frank's Wild Years. It can be argued that there are better Tom Waits albums, but this was the first one I heard of his, so it holds a special place in my heart.

Hard pressed, considering my taste changes pretty often. But I guess it would look something like this, in no particular order.

Lights and Wires - Black Sun Empire

Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

Shoulders and Giants - Collapse Under the Empire

Homework - Daft Punk

Seldom seen Kid - Elbow

Runners up would be Netsky's '2', 10000 Days by Tool and Vicious Delicious by Infected Mushroom. Oh, and 'The Amazing Adventures of One Curious Pixel' by Bop.

Archived