Forums are back in action! ×

Another whose guild should I be in post

Elastigirl

I have been an assasin for the last 2 challenges. I like it there. I love bodyweight exercises and am dabbling in gymnastics skills. This time though, my goals aren't necesarily going to be bodyweight/gymnastic/parkour goal. Maybe I should be a ranger instead? But I'm not into crossfit or lifting heavy, so not sure where I belong. Below are what my goals will most likely be:

Sledgehammer 3x a week + walking some amount of miles per week

Learning to do the Turkish Get-up and leveling up with it-doing x amount with probably my 10#kettlebell

Holding the crow pose for x amount of time (this is also known as the frog pose and is a gymnastic skill-so this one is a true assasin goal)

A life goal to be determined

My long range goals (not sure if these figure into where we are for each challenge) level up on bodyweight exercises,learn some basic gymnastic moves, increase walking time and hiking, learn and do more kettlebell stuff, jump rope, continue messing around with differant exercises such as sledgehammer, sled pulls, slosh pipe etc

For this challenge am I more of an Assasin or Ranger?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

(As a complete newbie) My impression is, if you're interested in obtaining a variety of skills across the other classes, you're a Ranger. I think the Ranger class is great for someone who shifts their goals frequently and prefers to mix things up. Specializing is for devotees of martial arts (monks), parkour (assassins), etc.

Florei

Human Adventurer, Level 1

"I aim to be the world's loudest ranger." - Florei

It's on: 6 weeks of  P90, archery, and healing herbs.

SOunds more Ranger to me but what do *YOU* want to be?

Not sure. I 've been an assasin, and feel like their my team. But maybe I should be a ranger because I do like to mix things up.

I checked out the ranger challenges from last time. They looked fun, but one challenge said you had to run,swin or bike. I have a stationary bike, but I don't run, swim long distance, or have a real bike, so maybe I shouldn't be a ranger since I don't run or bike.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Noooooo, don't leave us ;)

Thanks! That's how I feel. I don't want to leave the assasins, you guys are my team. But my goals are really more Ranger goals. Which is why I'm baffled, perplexed, and confused.

Thanks! That's how I feel. I don't want to leave the assasins, you guys are my team. But my goals are really more Ranger goals. Which is why I'm baffled, perplexed, and confused.

I think it's more a matter of where you feel comfortable than anything else - if you're not getting the support you're looking for from the assassins (and if so, sorry! :dispirited:) then maybe it's better to move. If it's just a matter of goal-matching then I don't think that part really matters - that element seems to be pretty flexible (I picked assassin despite being mostly into scout/druid type activities) - it's all for fun, after all! :)

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

I think it's more a matter of where you feel comfortable than anything else - if you're not getting the support you're looking for from the assassins (and if so, sorry! :dispirited:) then maybe it's better to move. If it's just a matter of goal-matching then I don't think that part really matters - that element seems to be pretty flexible (I picked assassin despite being mostly into scout/druid type activities) - it's all for fun, after all! :)

Oh dear, not trying to say I haven't been getting support. The assasins are amazing! Everyone is so encouraging and motivating. I'm not a gamer type person, and I was worried that was breaking some rules or doing something wrong if my goals don't match assasins goals. I am very happy being an assasin. My heart is that of an assasin. I love being part of that guild, you guys are all super supportive. I think I will just be the assasin with the sledgehammer, kettlebells, or what ever else grabs my interest. The Assasins can think of me as a Ranger who wandered into their camp accidently, but liked it so much she decided to stay.

Elastigirl. I am a little late to this party, but I just want to say: You have been an amazing asset to the Assassin's guild. Highly encouraging and interacts well with others. Its been awesome to be a part of the guild with you on my squad. If you ever do venture off, I know that I don't have to tell you, but I will anyway - you won't be losing any of your allies from the Assassin guild.

That being said - an assassin with a sledgehammer just sounds SOOO BADASS. Literally walking softly and carrying a BIG STICK! HA!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

while it always sucks to lose a fellow assassin, you might be better served in a guild that can answer any questions you have about your workout and help guide you towards your training goals (as there aren't many sledge-hammer users in the guild). that said, you can always ask for advice in other guilds without leaving your current one, and many assassins may surprise you with their knowledge of other training methods.

we're predominately bodyweight, but there are weight lifters, yoga lovers, and martial artists all wearing the black coat of the assassin ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Thanks guys, it's good to know you all have my back no matter where I am.

Azsf: Good point on having a guild that can answer questions. On the sledgehammer, I'm pretty set now, Sloth-like was very helpful and naswerd my questions when I was setting up my last challenge. I may have more questions on kettleball. But, I still am doing bodyweight workouts too, and I find reading every one elses thread very informative. So, no matter where I go, I'll probably still lurk on the other guild and ask questions. And I llurk on the yoga board too, because I learn stuff from them. I really just want to do it all (except running-I hate running)

Archived