Forums are back in action! ×

Your Angry Birds Experience -- little challenge planning help?

Florei

Hi all --

I was considering some goals to accomplish for the new Challenge, and decided on going up a few Angry Birds levels. I was thinking three - 1 level every two weeks unless I can do more, but I tend to be over-optimistic about my abilities, so my questions are:

What was your fitness at when you decided to do AB, and how long did it take you to accomplish your level goal?

Florei

Human Adventurer, Level 1

"I aim to be the world's loudest ranger." - Florei

It's on: 6 weeks of  P90, archery, and healing herbs.

Hi,

I've tried the angry birds workout and currently doing a modified version (2 exercises instead of 4 & adjusted levels)

I was pretty much weak and didn't have a lot of stamina... this is probably still true.

In terms of levels, it was really different for the exercises.

I was quite good at squats and easily went up.

With arm rows (for working toward pulls ups) as well, but I couldn't do an inverted row.

However inclined push ups and planks were just horrible. They stayed behind in progress.

So I would say try out a level 1 workout, and you'll have a baseline... expect the balance of how good each exercise was going to stay roughly the same.

Then just base your goals around that. Maybe you'll aim for level 2 plank and level 4 squats. I mean, why not?!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

My fitness level when I started was beginner. I did cardio, but had done no strength training.

Levels I progress quickly through planks, and squats. Rows slow and steady, push ups super slow. The one thing I did at first and then had to step back and redo was that I sacriciced form in order to level up too quickly. I could do push ups, but not with a stragiht body. I would reccommend you go through the levels at a slow enough pace to ensure that you have good solid form.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I could do push ups, but not with a stragiht body. I would reccommend you go through the levels at a slow enough pace to ensure that you have good solid form.

I second this! I had bad form on push ups and on squats and they were much easier to do that way. Only that means you're also not properly training I guess?

I was at 70 squats in no time... then did proper form and am now at 30 in 3 sets of 10... it makes a lot of difference.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived