Forums are back in action! ×

My mom's challenge to me

SusieBlu

Background: My mom has been struggling with weight and other health issues for as long as I remember. Recently she went to a doctor that seems to care about looking for the root causes for the problems versus putting bandaids on things. Part of the issue they have found is that my mom is gluten intolerant and lacto intolerant. I told her about paleo a few months ago and her doctor now has her on the atkins diet.

She is now feeling better, is motivated to really lose weight, and has started excerising. I am all "Yay for you." Well, she has now issued me a challenge. Next spring when she comes out to visit me in Germany her goal is to be in better shape than me (I think I have the age advantage there not to mention pure stubbornness). May question is...if she "wins" what do I give her. I made a bet so what is a good prize?

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Sounds like you have a good motivation!! And yeah I second Athena :) (or third really)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

The shopping trip idea sounds great!! And your mom is awesome. Good luck to both of you!

(Not going to lie, I kind of want her to win, but only if you've been working out extra-hard as well... that way it really is win-win! :tongue:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

The shopping trip idea sounds great!! And your mom is awesome. Good luck to both of you!

(Not going to lie, I kind of want her to win, but only if you've been working out extra-hard as well... that way it really is win-win! :tongue:)

I am planning on leveling up before she gets here. I really want her to win but I am not going to make it easy for her. If anything I am going to declare it a tie and go to Paris or Amsterdam. :)

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

I am planning on leveling up before she gets here. I really want her to win but I am not going to make it easy for her. If anything I am going to declare it a tie and go to Paris or Amsterdam. :)

Oh I LOVE the idea of a tie! :D

You are a great daughter, by the way :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Archived