Forums are back in action! ×

Noob Saying HI

Hi!

I’m Amelia aka MeaLusus. I used to be really active/in shape, but the last few years I’ve really fallen out of it. I keep trying to start being more active, but find myself giving up to easily and that video games will often win over working out/being active =\

Thankfully a friend pointed me to Nerd Fitness to help get me back on track. So I figured I’d say hi =)

If anyone has any pointers on staying motivated I would love to hear them! ^_^

I think I read somewhere that the only person who can keep you motivated is yourself. In fact I think that was from this very website (But I don't remember where, sorry!) Point being, there's really no way to "convince" yourself that you should keep yourself in shape. It's something that you have to realize for yourself and really want to do, you know? I used to try and do that as well, tell myself "This would be better for you," "If you're not happy with yourself you have to change it," etc. But it didn't really stick until now, and I feel completely different now than I did the previous times I tried to keep up with my fitness. Maybe it's different for everyone, but that's my experience. xDD

Anyway, welcome!

Phantom Adventurer/Monk-in-Training

STR: 2 || DEX: 2 || STA: 1 || CON: 3 || WIS: 4 || CHA: 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no crying in alien warfare.

When you watch athletes, what excites you? Who have you seen doing something you wish you could do? Are you amazed by gymnasts, blown away by cyclists, or awed when someone throws a barrel over their head? I find motivation in the opportunity to recreate or pursue the sports of my dreams.

Good luck on your journey. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Archived