Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Hey RA there is nothing with being a big woman, seriously some of my Aunts are giants and I love them just as much as I love my tiny hobbit Aunts

Honestly, the fact than I'm tall with ridiculously big hands and skull, doesn't bother me. It's the size 14 mens shoe size feet. It's like "You will never find women's shoes that fit in a store evar." Not the worst thing in the world. There are online shops, and things like sneakers are pretty neutral.

Now the weight sense of being big? Bothers me. But that, that I can beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Honestly, the fact than I'm tall with ridiculously big hands and skull, doesn't bother me. It's the size 14 mens shoe size feet. It's like "You will never find women's shoes that fit in a store evar."

OMG, I know, right?! My spouse loves heels, but has the weirdest foot size ever. It's like, a size 8 women's but quadruple wide. I have been able to find one pair of heels, one pair of flats, and one pair of wedges so far, after hours and hours of internet searching. -_- (And actually, the wedges were a random thrift-store find!) If we ever need a specific-looking shoe, we'll probably have to pay out the nose for a custom pair.

• Like 1

So, a friend linked me to a thing and I thought I'd share it here, because some of these are kind of awesome.

https://teespring.com/stores/readvitality

OK, OK, all of these are kind of awesome. Except for the ones that are truly awesome.

*tries not to spend all my money on shirts and hoodies*

I need these shirts. And sweatshirts.

Queer all the wardrobe!

Sent front phone. Any mistakes are its fault.

• Like 2

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

So, with about a month to go, who's coming to NYC for Pride? I know I'll be there and would love to meet some (all) of you fabulous people!

Sent front phone. Any mistakes are its fault.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,

Hello!

Bisexual here, maybe a 2+ on the Kinsey Scale (out of 6 fyi).  Currently in a LTR with my lovely wonderful boyfriend. 

The thing I struggle with is that people assume I'm straight, but sexuality often doesn't come up in conversation for me to "come out," especially since I'm exclusively dating my bf.  It's not a big deal at all, I just want to be honest-- both for personal perception reasons, and because if people know someone queer it's more likely to change minds.  I don't lie ever or put up with explicit homophobia, but I'd like to better counteract heteronormativity, especially since surface level aspects of my life look straight.

Also, I'd like to be muscular.  I tend towards (lazy) femme presentation, and I know it's hard for women, but I think I would look awesome with obvious muscles.  (This is how I relate my queerness to a fitness site...)

ok babbling done now.  Hello again! heh

• Like 5

Jess the Adventurer

"jess!" on MYZONE * Goodreads

The thing I struggle with is that people assume I'm straight, but sexuality often doesn't come up in conversation for me to "come out," especially since I'm exclusively dating my bf.  It's not a big deal at all, I just want to be honest-- both for personal perception reasons, and because if people know someone queer it's more likely to change minds.  I don't lie ever or put up with explicit homophobia, but I'd like to better counteract heteronormativity, especially since surface level aspects of my life look straight.

Also, I'd like to be muscular.  I tend towards (lazy) femme presentation, and I know it's hard for women, but I think I would look awesome with obvious muscles.  (This is how I relate my queerness to a fitness site...)

Hi, Jess! I'm Jenn. Welcome to our little corner of NF...

I struggled with similar feelings to you for the first 2 years of my marriage to a wonderful guy. I wasn't hiding my pansexuality, but it just never really came up in conversation, and everyone assumed I was straight because I was married to a dude. Except then it all went sideways when "he" realized he was trangender and actually a "she". So we're working toward transition, and going to lose that "straight priviledge" umbrella pretty soon. I am both excited and a little nervous for the first time we go out somewhere and people identify us as a lesbian couple, rather than a straight one.

So hey, you never know what life will throw at you. :tongue: But I understand your feelings of wanting people to know that aspect of your identity, but not really having an easy way to share it. I guess those T-shirts might help. Being buff would also be awesome. To be honest, when I pictured myself with lovely arm and shoulder muscles and realized that really suited my internal image of myself, that's when I started to get into fitness!

• Like 4

Hello!

Bisexual here, maybe a 2+ on the Kinsey Scale (out of 6 fyi).  Currently in a LTR with my lovely wonderful boyfriend. 

ok babbling done now.  Hello again! heh

Hi, Jess! I'm Jenn. Welcome to our little corner of NF...

I struggled with similar feelings to you for the first 2 years of my marriage to a wonderful guy. I wasn't hiding my pansexuality, but it just never really came up in conversation, and everyone assumed I was straight because I was married to a dude. Except then it all went sideways when "he" realized he was trangender and actually a "she". So we're working toward transition, and going to lose that "straight priviledge" umbrella pretty soon. I am both excited and a little nervous for the first time we go out somewhere and people identify us as a lesbian couple, rather than a straight one.

So hey, you never know what life will throw at you. :tongue: But I understand your feelings of wanting people to know that aspect of your identity, but not really having an easy way to share it. I guess those T-shirts might help. Being buff would also be awesome. To be honest, when I pictured myself with lovely arm and shoulder muscles and realized that really suited my internal image of myself, that's when I started to get into fitness!

Long time lurker, first time poster to this thread.

I first started following this thread to support (and understand) a Nerd Fitness friend who is currently going through a "transition" from female to male. As a straight male from a rural setting, this isn't something I come across everyday so in the future please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions, some of the "slang" I see here I can be confusing.

I'll be honest, I don't give a fiddler fart what a person does with their own "plumbing", it's the person inside that I judge not what they look like on the outside.

Saying that, I'm always delighted to see the brave stories of people here on the forums sharing their struggles and offering support to those just figuring out who and what they are. I applaud you all!

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I first started following this thread to support (and understand) a Nerd Fitness friend who is currently going through a "transition" from female to male. As a straight male from a rural setting, this isn't something I come across everyday so in the future please forgive me if I ask some stupid questions, some of the "slang" I see here I can be confusing.

Great to have allies. I don't know how much progress we could make without them. It's really necessary if we want to make any headway with social acceptance.

Sometimes I forget the slang or terms isn't something everyone is up to date with. No worries, I don't think anyone here will give you a hard time over it.

• Like 1

Challenge | Battle Log

SW: 229 lbs CW: 150 lbs

GW1: 200 lbs GW2: 190 lbs GW3: 180 lbs GW4: 170 lbs GW5: 160 lbs GW6: 150 lbs GW7: 140 lbs GW8: 130 lbs

Ultimate Goal: Lose a total of 100 lbs

Current Total Lost: 79 lbs