Forums are back in action! ×

Proxy Woot

SusieBlu

My mom has lost 30 lbs in the last three months. Her final goal is to be down to 150 by Mother's Day. She been going to a different doctor than before about some of her, what was thought to be, long term medical issues. This guy has been doing proper tests and really trying to figure out the cause to actually fix the problem. So my mom is on a gulten free diet and has been slowly getting off her meds. YAY.

Otherside of it is she stll can make some more changes. I talked to her yesterday and in reponse to a situation I said you should exercise more. Unfortunately, her response was she doesn't have the time. My mom has always put us (8) kids first and so getting her to realize that we rather have her around for weddings, other grandchildren, and for me personally promotions and maybe my military retirement (if I decided to stay in for 20+ years). She has a "I must save the world" gene that makes her an awesome person but I really want her to have a "I need to take care of myself gene."

My usually reproach would to just tell someone straight up they have the time if they make it a priorty and provide workout tips (she has a goal of not having flabby arms like a lot of women in my family) but yeah its my mom and its different.

Still I am so happy that she is losing weight and getting healthier.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Congrats to your mom :D

My mom is overly busy, she pretty much works... all the time.

But she said to herself, I'll have an hour of me time. So she watches her favorite tv show while working out :)

That's how she approaches it.

Maybe your mom can find some time in between things? Like instead of her working out 30 consecutive minutes, she can do 5 minutes here and there?

It would still be more than nothing at all :D

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived