Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

I started shaving my head when the hair got top thin to use clippers on. About 5 years ago and I have not looked back

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

looks like she's getting ready to do some squats

:beardrant: I hate the inbetween times where it goes from looking respectable to crazy homeless guy, I'm at the point right now where I'm feeling like I want to shave off my cheeks and keep the chin like my childhood hero Scott Ian from Anthrax

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

looks like she's getting ready to do some squats

:beardrant: I hate the inbetween times where it goes from looking respectable to crazy homeless guy, I'm at the point right now where I'm feeling like I want to shave off my cheeks and keep the chin like my childhood hero Scott Ian from Anthrax

Yeah... I had that phase when I was growing my hair out. It reached a point of "I can't do ANYTHING with this mop"... just gotta grin and bear it.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Important dude question:

In the last year, my hair has started to thin alarmingly on top.  This year I'm genuinely worried about sunburn and stuff up there, for the first time ever. SO... since I know that it's pretty much just on top, I know that it's going to be the Ringworld of hair when it really starts to go.

So I guess the question is: when do you just say "Bleep it!" and start Bic-ing? Does anyone have any tips for going glossy?

My hairline is receding and with my brother being 9 years older than me, I have always seen my future.

Within a year of buying a jeep, I realized that having hair of any decent length was a lesson in futility.  I started off getting a #3 guard trim at the barber, and then my wife got me a decent Wahl Trimmer and I started doing it myself.  I went down to a #2 after awhile, and now once a month I go with a #1.  

I started with the #1 last October when I went as Max Payne for Halloween.

xsuy.jpg

• Like 2

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Nicely done.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

My hairline is receding and with my brother being 9 years older than me, I have always seen my future.

Within a year of buying a jeep, I realized that having hair of any decent length was a lesson in futility.  I started off getting a #3 guard trim at the barber, and then my wife got me a decent Wahl Trimmer and I started doing it myself.  I went down to a #2 after awhile, and now once a month I go with a #1.  

I started with the #1 last October when I went as Max Payne for Halloween.

xsuy.jpg

That is an uncanny likeness, just don't start drinking heavily and shooting up Brazilian gangs.

That likeness is really cool.

I have a question, guys. How do you battle the feeling of being short?

I am a short guy. 5'6" last time I measured. Now that I have a healthier body, my confidence seems to cling to the fact that I can't change my height.

I am fairly confidence, but the discussions about the guys from girls always make me cringe. They always notice the height first, and they seem to be unattracted to shorter dudes. I know confidence is attractive, but it's hard when you fail the first box in a checklist like height.

What do you guys think?

I'm on the tall side myself, but I have shorter friends who've never seemed to have any problems with the ladies (one of my best friends is about 5'7" and married to a woman taller than him).  But yeah, I've known some women who won't date short guys.  There are also women who won't date fat guys, or skinny guys, or guys with beards, or without beards, or with long/short/no hair, or (though they seldom admit it) guys who don't make decent money or are/aren't of certain ethnicities.  And most guys probably have our own expectations for who we might want to date.

My point is, you can't please everybody.  Both men and women narrow their dating pool for arbitrary reasons, but that's fine - it means we all have a chance.  There's no guy out there who hits all the checkboxes for all the women - any time any of us approaches a woman, there's a possibilty that we struck out before we even got to the plate.  My guess, though, is that height matters less than you think it does.  Some women have that checkbox, but not all, or even most - even most of the girls you hear talking about height probably don't care as much as you think (it's like guys talking about boobs - we talk about big ones, but most of us would have no problem with a cute girl with A-cups).  But if you go up to a woman thinking you don't have a chance, you're probably right.  Like you said, confidence is more important.

And remember, if a woman's not interested, there's no reason to think it's because you're short.  There are plenty of other checkboxes, and getting self-conscious about one thing is how you lose your confidence in the first place.

• Like 5

I'm also 5'6 and I never had any problem dating girls that were either my height or shorter; it really does come down to a confidence thing but also I think it helps that we can look them directly in the eyes during normal conversations without them straining their necks and we also understand the short person plight, damn all the things on the top shelf!

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I'm also 5'6 and I never had any problem dating girls that were either my height or shorter; it really does come down to a confidence thing but also I think it helps that we can look them directly in the eyes during normal conversations without them straining their necks and we also understand the short person plight, damn all the things on the top shelf!

LOL... The number of times I've thumped my head while mindlessly wandering around/getting into cars, I wouldn't mind giving short a try at this point... :-)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

That's why I plan to rock the bodyweight workout, so that I can retrieve that cookie pan on the top cabinet Assassin-style :).

Like The Stranger mentioned, everyone has a series of checklists for things they like. Lacking one of those qualities is not always a deal breaker, but if it is, there are about another 3 billion women out there. I worked with a guy that was 5'2 and weighed nearly 400 pounds and his wife was almost super model hot. He was a great guy and the physical features he was lacking in were made up by interior qualities.

You can't sweat the shit you can't change, so don't waste too much time worrying that you don't complete someone else' recipe for the perfect guy.

• Like 1

Being tall is not all it's cracked up to be..you have to root around on the bottom shelf at the store for pants that don't fall too high on your ankle, people constantly ask you to get things off high shelves for them at the store (and don't tip), you likely wear some stupid shoe size that NO ONE carries in stock and finding am office chair that can elevate high enough for proper ergonomics is impossible.

Oh and some a-hole invariably calls you "Stretch".

I really wish my boss would sign off on a standing desk for me.  It would make my life so much better.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I wish I could get a standing desk too.

Another thing that tall guys have problems with: going to the dentist. Dentist chair is definitely not once size fits all

Didn't mean to turn this into a tall guy whine fest, rather just wanted to show that height, like everything, comes with disadvantages as well as advantages.. grass is always greener and all! :)

I wish I could get a standing desk too.

Another thing that tall guys have problems with: going to the dentist. Dentist chair is definitely not once size fits all

Didn't mean to turn this into a tall guy whine fest, rather just wanted to show that height, like everything, comes with disadvantages as well as advantages.. grass is always greener and all! :)

Yeah... I have fun when people complain, especially about something I am, or live with...

Tall, not used to cold, glasses... etc...

My first challenge

Lol I had a lot to say on this topic then I had my hour plus commute and lost all of it.  So I'll just agree with Rob and say don't stress over things you can't change.

And everyone has a type, don't feel bad about having physical attributes that you like/don't like or those that have attributes they like/don't like.

But that's the best part of dating other tall people - otherwise who are we going to commiserate with about "tall people problems"?

Side note: This occasionally makes certain activities awkward, depending on how confined the space is in which you are attempting to do said activity. ;)

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison