Forums are back in action! ×

Welcome to the Rebellion, Marie!

We are here to help, support and keep you accountable so that you can achieve any and all goals that you set out!

Ask any and all questions that you might have!

Michael

Atlab'Urlyren Druu'giir -- Apprentice of the Crimson RebelLevel 2 Drow Adventurer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 3 | CON 7 | DEX 3 | WIS 5 | STA 1 | CHA 2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction | Current Challenge@michaelramm

Thanks!

I'm confused about the character creation thing. I don't know what skills points to put in that describe me realistically, I'm not really strong, I'm rather slow, I'm not vegan or vegetarian, I have no martial arts skills, so do I just put all 15 points into Wisdom? For races, I'm 5'5" and 220-something lbs, is that hobbit status?

Also, any recommendations for replacing jumping jacks as a warmup? I live on the second story, and my boobs are rather big, so that's not good either way.

Is this thread where I post progress? Or do I have to make a character and use the other forums for warrior, etc. ?

Welcome Marie! The character creation thing is a general thing :) But you can level up during the challenges (1 level per 6 week challenge, you start out at level 1 with 15 points to assign to the 6 attributes)

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Hi Marie :)

Welcome to NF! Saw you pop in chat and pop back out before I could say hi!

I see your signature says you need help- people here are awesome and helpful, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

We're so glad you're here!!!

- Hammi

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hi Marie :)

Welcome to NF! Saw you pop in chat and pop back out before I could say hi!

I see your signature says you need help- people here are awesome and helpful, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

We're so glad you're here!!!

- Hammi

Thank you :)

Do you have any tips on fast eating? It's on my list of bad habits.

Thank you :)

Do you have any tips on fast eating? It's on my list of bad habits.

For me it comes down to planning the night before. If I have something always around that is not convenience food, then I'm less likely to hit the drive thru (I used to eat fast food 2-3 times a day!)

I have things like fruit in the fridge, almonds in the car, and a notebook by my bed to write down what I plan on having the next day.

I had to choose meal by meal to be mindful.

I hope that helps!

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

For me it comes down to planning the night before. If I have something always around that is not convenience food, then I'm less likely to hit the drive thru (I used to eat fast food 2-3 times a day!)

I have things like fruit in the fridge, almonds in the car, and a notebook by my bed to write down what I plan on having the next day.

I had to choose meal by meal to be mindful.

I hope that helps!

Oh not that. I mean like eating too fast. :)

Hello, Marie. Welcome to the Rebellion. We are glad to have you with us.

All the classes, attributes, signatures, etc, can be a bit intimidating, especially if you don't have a role playing game background. Fortunately, you are among many friendly nerds and we would be happy to help. You might try reading the challenge FAQ which also includes links to Real Life Roleplaying and attributes.

As for eating too quickly, I find it is important to eat food you enjoy, and to savor every bite, and also to set aside time for eating. I suck at both of those. Kibcy's current challenge deals with food issues similar to these. You might ask her if she has any tips or suggestions.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

oh! hahah! Sorry :)

I take smaller bites, cut things in to smaller pieces, and drink lots of water while I eat

My Blog | My Story

Welcome Marie!

Here's some things that help me to slow down while I eat:

Put the fork down in between bites

Chew all my food, until its ummm. well really chewed, then swallow ( I don't take a sip of anything unjtil after I've swallowed)

If I'm eating with people, take time to enjoy the conversation

try and take the time to focus on what the food really tastes like -savor it

Play a mental game - can you be the last one at the table to finish the meal-a race for the slowest

I picked one of these habits and worked on it for a while, and then focused on adding another habit.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Do you count how many times you chew your food while it's in your mouth?

I used to, but now I do what Milythael suggests with the savoring of each bite and undistributed eating, and like elastigirl said with the putting the fork down. eventually it becomes habit and you dont have to think about it.

It's funny, though- now that I eat that way I notice when other people don't and it drives me bonkers :)

My Blog | My Story

I used to, but now I do what Milythael suggests with the savoring of each bite and undistributed eating, and like elastigirl said with the putting the fork down. eventually it becomes habit and you dont have to think about it.

It's funny, though- now that I eat that way I notice when other people don't and it drives me bonkers :)

My dad is like a chewing/savoring master; he even makes "mmmm" sounds while doing so. When I eat like that around him he usually asks "Did you even taste that?" And will offer me more food because he thinks that I wasn't completely satisfied with the food that I ate quickly.

My dad is like a chewing/savoring master; he even makes "mmmm" sounds while doing so. When I eat like that around him he usually asks "Did you even taste that?" And will offer me more food because he thinks that I wasn't completely satisfied with the food that I ate quickly.

While you eat, you could try asking yourself, "how would dad chew?"

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Archived