Forums are back in action! ×

New Adventurer!

I think I'm an adventurer? That's what WarriorPoet told me. I'm still trying to get the hang of this site!

Anyway, I am a 25 year old female from Massachusetts, USA. I am here to lose quite a bit of weight and get it shape. I have no allusions that I will drop 100lbs in a month or anything like that. My goals will start small. My fitness and eating habits have a horrible history, from dancing (ballet, etc) several hours a week and restricting almost all food, to binging every day, and back and forth. I gained a lot of weight over the past 2.5 years because I quit smoking and am leading a very sedentary life. I'm looking to transform my life, not just get on a diet. For now, however, I am trying the Special K diet to kick start my weight loss.

Here are my goals for the next 6 week challenge:

Do 100 crunches

Do 7 minutes on the kayak machine

Eat less snacks/don't binge at night

Lose 10 pounds

I'm excited to work with NerdFitness and hope I can meet my goals! I'm looking forward to the next six week challenge and hopefully conversing with many of you!

Welcome on the forums! I hope you'll have fun during your journey to reach you goals. :) Your goals sounds right but you may want to be more precise with your "no binge at night" goal. Setting a time span maybe? Like no snacks from 08:00pm to 6:00am. It will make it easier for you to say to yourself "no it's past time, I won't have a snack now".

For the weight loss goal, well, not sure it's a good idea. Weight can change a lot for a lot of reasons and it can be a really frustrating goal if for some reason you gain a few pound. Athena made an insightful thread about this:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?15525-Why-setting-a-weight-loss-goal-was-useless-%28for-me%29

For the adventurer part, you can, if you want, try this page, maybe it will help you decide what guild you belong to and it will also generate a signature for you :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Welcome to the forums! I agree with Nuala about setting a specific time to cut out eating, it really does make it easier to pull off. That being said, good luck with your goals!

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Corinthians 9:27

You also might want to just convert your snacks to healthy snacks, instead of cutting them out. I recommend this article: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/09/14/what-if-its-all-been-a-big-fat-lie/. I second Nuala; I set a weight-loss goal for this challenge, and I wish I'd set an inches-loss goal.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived