Forums are back in action! ×

Any Cosplayers? :D

Howdy :)

While not a hard core cosplayer, I like to dabble, and would like to get more into it. I get highly motivated after going to a con, but it fizzles out when I look into the confidence needed to pull off a costume and amount of work it takes.

I will be hitting up Dragon*Con this year. I'm trying to gather up ideas for a quick cosplay one day, but given that I have 4 weeks (or less) to put it together, it may not be awesome if even doable.

Besides this, I was wondering if there might be anyone going to D*C that I could look out for. I love the dedication and process that most people put into their costumes to make them look amazing.

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

I'm working on an X-man group with some friends for Saturday at Dragoncon (I'll be Nightcrawler).

If you want something quick, there's already been mention of easy costume ideas.  Go wander through Goodwill and see if anything jumps out at you as a starting point.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

I'm working on an X-man group with some friends for Saturday at Dragoncon (I'll be Nightcrawler).

If you want something quick, there's already been mention of easy costume ideas.  Go wander through Goodwill and see if anything jumps out at you as a starting point.

Interesting, I was thinking about cobbling together a modified Rogue costume earlier. I'll turn back a few pages for some more ideas.

Good luck, with Nightcrawler.  He seems like he would be quite a challenge.

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

We currently have Rogue, Cyclops, Nightcrawler,  an undecided, and a Jean Grey/Phoenix who may or may not actually show up.  Most X-men costumes are actually pretty easy, I'm just using a black morphsuit and adding the details; hardest part is going to be making the toes attach to my shoes in a way that looks natural.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

BTW, my con (Cosplacon) is currently doing pre-registration for 50% off.

https://cosplacon-mo.squarespace.com/registration/pre-registration

I'd love to see some nerd fitness people there next year.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

We currently have Rogue, Cyclops, Nightcrawler,  an undecided, and a Jean Grey/Phoenix who may or may not actually show up.  Most X-men costumes are actually pretty easy, I'm just using a black morphsuit and adding the details; hardest part is going to be making the toes attach to my shoes in a way that looks natural.

I saw a guy last StarFest who had done a really cool classic Nightcrawler and I have no idea how he did his toes, but I do know he was having trouble walking.

I'm planning on doing Nocturne for next Comic Con but I'm doing Scotty Young Nocturne and just cheating and wearing white tabi boots for the feet because I already suck enough at being coordinated without having extra appendages hanging off my feet...

Level 2 Goblin Adventurer 
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

First Challenge!

Current Challenge!

I will also be part of an X-Men group at Dragon Con. I will be (curvy) Dark Phoenix. I'm actually using part of a costume I made a few years ago but I have lost weight so I need to get new pants and take in the top. (Yay, what an exciting problem to have!) We also have a Magneto (from the movies), Beast, and Wolverine. We might have an Emma Frost but she hasn't decided of she wants to wear that costume or something else. I wish we were doing it on Saturday night so that we could meet up with you and get a large group picture but the rest of my group has already decided to do another theme on Saturday and X-Men on Sunday.

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

You should make a thread for DragonCon, I bet there will be a ton of NF people there

Done! Here it is... http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/35350-the-countdown-to-dragon-con-has-begun/

Level 3 Adventurer

Ogre disguised high elf

STR 1, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 3, WIS 4, CHA 1

1st Challenge   2nd Challenge    3rd Challenge   Current Challenge

and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

Hey guys!

So I don't know if anyone is interested in seeing how the Dire Ravenstag/Swiggity-Swag-the-Nightmare-Stag turned out, but if you are, you can find all the pics (as well as my Hannibal and Will Graham!) under this link!!

It was a great weekend, though my feet are still killing me ^^;

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

Hey guys!

So I don't know if anyone is interested in seeing how the Dire Ravenstag/Swiggity-Swag-the-Nightmare-Stag turned out, but if you are, you can find all the pics (as well as my Hannibal and Will Graham!) under this link!!

It was a great weekend, though my feet are still killing me ^^;

OMG that turned out wicked cool. I'm totally impressed with the antlers. Congrats :)

Also I hope you don't mind, I followed your tumblr. I need to follow more fannibals and WTNV people.

First Challenge!

Current Challenge!

Hi guys!  I just joined this site today.  I'm actually in a cosplay organization called Justice League Arizona and we go to charity events, visit childrens hospitals, etc as DC superheros/villains.  It's a lot of fun.  I've been Lady Blackhawk, Spoiler and The Carpenter (obscure Batman villain who is awesome) and I'm working on a Court of Owls costume.  My dream costume is Batgirl (Stephanie Brown, not Barbara Gordon).

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Secret Identity: Kristy

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 5.5 | DEX 5.25 | STA 5.5 | CON 8.75 | WIS 7 | CHA 2.5

Beyond my Ren Fest outfits (9 yards of wool is versatile, by the way) I have had a few dabbles with dressing up.  Anime Detour saw me as Capt. Malcolm Reynolds a few years back.  Last year's Halloween was an Avengers theme with myself as Capt. America (I like the rank...), my wife as Spider-Girl, my son as Hulk and my daughter as Wasp.  This year my boy wants to be Phinneas, and thinks I should be Ferb.  Might go for it, but I'm thinking of breaking ranks with the family and going with a Mega Man costume.  Maybe I can get them in on it too, Daughter could be Roll, wife could be female Dr. Wily and son could be either Protoman or Dr. Light. Maybe Mega Man can be for the Monster Dash and then be Ferb for my son day of Halloween.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

coworker friend is having a costume party to celebrate her 50th bday next month, and i decided to go as a Little Sister... was working on the ADAM syringe and was thinking "i wonder if there's a cosplay thread on NF. there MUST be. i can't see how it would be possible that there isn't." and so i searched it out and here i am.

There is some AMAZINGNESS in this thread. seriously, all the costumes in here are really awesome. well done everyone.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

coworker friend is having a costume party to celebrate her 50th bday next month, and i decided to go as a Little Sister... was working on the ADAM syringe and was thinking "i wonder if there's a cosplay thread on NF. there MUST be. i can't see how it would be possible that there isn't." and so i searched it out and here i am.

There is some AMAZINGNESS in this thread. seriously, all the costumes in here are really awesome. well done everyone.

Oh man! Do it! I love Bioshock costumes!!!  :D

First Challenge!

Current Challenge!

oh it's happening! i'm going to be the chubby little sister. she's totally in the game, but you never see her cuz she's stuck in one of those wall tubes... :D

Well that explains why I could never find all of them :)

I'm actually looking at getting back in this since did it once and enjoyed it, (Dressed as Zoro from one piece, and friend dressed as Sanji) but wanting to try and make some stuff so needing to get a sewing machine soon. Then I get to try and see if I don't sew my fingers together.

I want to cosplay now that I'm at my ideal weight.

But I have no clue where I'd start. I'd absolutely love to be a pokemon trainer with six pokeballs at my belt.

I'm not sure if I'd want to cosplay as a trainer from the series, or just myself if I happened to live in the Kanto region. ;)

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens