Forums are back in action! ×

Bonjour from a galaxy far, far away...

Hi there !

My name is Melanie, I'm a new Rebel from France :) I signed up a couple of weeks ago but went into classic shy mode and didn't post right away... better late than never ! 

English is not my mother tongue but I really love it and try to practice it as often as I can. Please point out to me any expression that might not make sense, so I can get better at speaking it - another way of leveling up !

I'm brand new to fitness, massively fat (morbidly overweight to be technical) but definitely willing to change.

Right now I work in a very little town near the German border, for a small non-profit organization that provides cultural and leisure activities. I gives me time in the morning to exercise, with a few rush of activities a year that take me away (summer camps or ski holidays with the kids). 

My long term goal is to get my BMI under 25 : it's now at 43,3. That means losing at least 110 pounds (or more than 50 kilos)

The battle plan is to clean up my diet and get strong. I worked with a nutritionnist that gave me a 1500 calories/day diet wich is kinda hard to make because i'm not yet used to cooking and preparing meals in advance, but I've read a lot about paleo and I think it will definitely help me go in the right direction. 

This afternoon I'm going to go get dumbbells. I don't know which weight to start with, I guess a little more reading has to be done (if anybody's got a suggestion, I'm interested  :offended: ). I've also inquired about the boxing clubs near my hometown : I feel like I need to learn how to fight. 

As stated above, I'm a little shy, so the idea of training in a gym, in the state I'm in, was totally unthinkable. When I stumbled upon Nerdfitness, I was like, "Wow. This is it. This is exactly what I need."

And of course, I'm a nerd as well. My Frodo plush toy is sitting right next to the computer as I'm writing this XD

So somehow this website feels a little like home already ! I'm eager to meet you all and get on the leveling up path with you. 

En avant, compagnons rebelles !

To lose weight, the first order of business is to get your diet under control.  You'll find some good information in the beginner's guide to healthy eating on the free resources page.

There are lots of things that you can do without a gym.  If you click on the NERD FITNESS tab and go to the free resources, you'll find some workouts that can be done with little to no equipment; angry birds, hotel room, and beginner's body weight.  If you do one of these strength workouts 2-3 days a week, alternating with some sort of non-strength activity 2-3 days a week, you'll have a good workout program.

Here's a thread that you might find helpful - hop on and introduce yourself.  Good luck.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived