Forums are back in action! ×

Six Weeks in the Right Direction

milythael

This is a duplicate of my post in my challenge thread, but I'm cross posting it here at Loren's suggestion.

-------------------

In October of 2012, I injured my arm, quit my job, and started couch surfing at a friend's apartment. I gave up my paleo diet in favor of whatever my new roommates were cooking, stopped working out, failed miserably at a job search, and was generally depressed. I went from 259 lbs up to an astonishing 299 lbs, a new record high.

On February 7, 2013, thanks in large part to the support from Loren Wade, I committed to buying and preparing all my own meals again, and going back to paleo, or at least primal, but I had to do it on $50 a week, because I really can't afford more.

I've had some ups and downs, bumps and bruises, but I prepare at least most of my own meals, and my meals tend to be healthy (by my definition of healthy). I eat meats, veggies, especially green veggies, and mostly animal fats. My food generally tastes and looks appetizing. It could be better prepared, but it will do.

My arm has healed, and on March 12, 2013, I started the Gold Medal Bodies Floor One program, that I had to give up because of my injury, with Kibcy. Although she is an ocean away, we do the same program on the same days, and it keeps us both accountable.

Now, in general, I don't really track weight. I consider it to be a damaging statistic and an extremely poor indicator of health. Unfortunately, it is a limiting factor on some exercises I want to work on (in particular pull ups), so I do occasionally step on the scale. Imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale before my shower today (6 weeks to the day after switching back to my own food) and saw 279 lbs.

I've lost half the weight I gained in just 6 weeks. I've kept at least some of the strength I gained last year along the way too. I am still strong enough to do a one arm wall handstand. My core is strong enough for hanging leg raises and ab wheels from the knees. I can hold hollow body holds and superman holds like a champ, and I broke my 8 month plateau of 90 seconds handstand hold by a whopping 8 seconds. I'm even fast encroaching on decent shrimp squats.

I am living proof that healthy doesn't have to be expensive, and that you don't need an expensive gym membership to get the results you want. Am I where I want to be yet? No. Will I get there? Hell yes. The only path is forward. Why aren't you going that way?

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Archived