Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

In my house, the rule is, if it's longer than it is wide, you can eat it with your fingers. This rules out peas, of course.

That's when you pick up your plate and roll them toward your mouth.

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

In my house, the rule is, if it's longer than it is wide, you can eat it with your fingers. This rules out peas, of course.

Problem: SO if my steak is wider than it is long and i were visiting you I couldn't use my hands?

Solution: TURN THE PLATE 90 DEGREES!!!

• Like 4

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

in the vertical plane, right?

only if you are tipping your head back to get better access.

Was told this the other day by the fiance "You don't need to work your chest anymore. It is already to big." I had a 43 inch chest when I started all flab. Now I have a 46 inch chest about 75% muscle.....I don't wanna stop! I want that 50 inch chest to go along with my 28 inch thighs and my 16 inch biceps (Aiming for 18-19) She also says I shouldn't lift so much cause my shirts already don't fit.

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

or put them in the blender - who doesn't want whirled peas?

I can visualize that.

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Heard this morning:

"Will you stop being so cheerful on a Monday!?"  No, no I will not.  You don't get to control my cheer level.  Only I can.  You don't like your life?  Change it.

• Like 6

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Okay, first timer here!

So since the age of 6, I felt like I physically couldn't eat meat anymore because the sheer sight of some of it use to make me want to puke.

At the age of 23, I still feel the same way about it, especially fish! I have been strictly vegetarian, but my mum, dad, brother and 4x sisters are all meat eaters, and being the youngest my mom has tried since then to make me a meat eater, but I just can't.

Growing up I've had all sorts of incentives given to me if I ever were to eat meat, like pokemon cards for example. I found that I only ever bear myself to eat a strip of chicken or a piece of lamb in kebab form, but that was as far as I could go. Growing up I could bear a bit better than that quantity wise, but I still never voluntarily eat or cook meat. I especially never liked meat disguised into other food, on one of my birthdays I remember my parents buying delivery pizza for an occasion and my dad totally gave me a chicken pizza slice telling me it was vegetarian (I don't know if he intentionally knew or not) and it ended with me spewing in the toilet, not pretty :-/

Since leaving for university, I've been vegetarian 100% of the time, and I honestly prefer it.

Anyways, I think I'm going off topic, what I find annoying is that my mom thinks that if you don't eat meat, you're weak.

And on top of that, I now do intermittent fasting, so she thinks I'm even weaker for not eating all the time and eating less, despite now having more muscle than fat on my body and having and generally being stronger than I've ever been (and she can see that) but she still thinks being a vegetarian makes you weak because meat is the only food with protein and fasting makes you weak because you starve. *sigh*

I still to this day think she was so adamant because she never liked having to cook a vegetarian dish as well, and in all honesty I understand the hassle somewhat (as she would cook for such a big family)

FYI: Just so you guys know I'm not vegetarian by choice, I'm very weird and perhaps am just very very VERY choosy on what I want to eat. I don't like desserts/sweet stuff either :-/ (but pre-NF I was a total carb-fiend)

And also I have no beef (no pun intended lol!) with carnivores, as my entire family is one and tbh I feel like if it were just a mental choice I would choose to eat meat, but I don't 'cause my body just physically feels dismissive of it.

P.s. Apologies for the lengthy post!

P.p.s It's given me some relief typing that! Thanks Internet!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

GENDER STEREOTYPING!

So I'm down at the local shop withdrawing money for my mother and I see out of the corner of my eye a Kinder Egg stand/promo tub thing. Most notably I saw the blue and a sort of chibi-style Venom. Is this a Marvel partnership with Kinder Egg? Cool. Venom from the 1980s (my dad had so many vintage comics before he threw them away) was brilliant. To me at least.

I turn my head more properly to fully inspect the little cardboard stand and I can see Iron Man, Thor, Loki(!), Spiderman, Venom, the Green Goblin, Captain America, the Hulk and a few more I can't remember right now . . . Wolverine maybe? Then I noticed the other side of the 'poster'.

It's pink, it's got 'sparkly' stars on it. Disney Princesses. Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle. But they're clearly not toy toys but little statue trinkets you put on display, especially Ariel who appears to be balancing on a wave/her tail.

Blue: cool superheroes (all male), fun design, clearly intended for play. A mix of both villains and heroes, most of whom are very proactive and highly intelligent. All of whom have a wide fanbase spanning so many demographics? Where are the female superheroes and supervillains?! Where's Storm? Jean Grey? The Wasp? The Scarlet Witch (pre-incest)? Where's Rogue and Valkyrie and Agent Sharon Carter and Spiderwoman and Emma Frost?!

And sure, this is obviously an Avengers promo more than just for Marvel given that most of the general public are going to recognise them more than any other Marvel comic; but let me ask you this: where's the Black Widow?!

Pink: pretty princesses, standard boring design, clearly intended for display. All heroines. And, well, I know these are the classic Disney princesses, but where's Jasmine? Where's Mulan? Where's Rapunzel?  Where's Mèrida? Where are the unofficial Disney princesses like Alice and Pocahontas and okay, I know Mulan is an unofficial Disney princess, but I don't care. And where are the Disney Princes and heroes? And where's Maleficent?! If the boys (or boy-coded produce) can have Loki who has tried genocide and regicide multiple times why can't the girls (or girl-coded produce) have Maleficent who only really wanted to torment one family by essentially killing their daughter and rejoices in emotional and psychological torture of her enemies? Is it because she is green-themed and linked with Satan, Hell and that sort of thing? OH NO WAIT, BECAUSE YOU'RE PROMOTING LOKI!

It's not that that I don't like the princesses being promoted, I actually like all of them - well, Snow White less than the others because of her voice, and Belle is my favourite because that film was born the year I was born - but I'm well aware of the arguments people have made declaring them not to be good role models for young children (well they say girls, but children love Disney regardless of sex or gender) and I have to admit there is some truth in their arguments.

But let's reiterate:

If you're a boy you like blue and smart, adventurous men who use their strengths to achieve their goals. And they're cool. You can also choose you path - be it good or evil, using your strength or your mind and agility.

If you're a girl you like pink and 'sparkles' and you like girls who spend a lot of their time waiting for boys to do something while you look pretty. Okay, that's exaggerating the reputation Disney princesses have, but still. You can also sing and dance, and you have words (most of the time) and apparently a lot of charisma. And prettiness. So pretty that even when you're unconscious/believed to be dead people want to kiss you. And you're patient and forgiving.

When I saw this poster I was immediately attracted to the 'blue' eggs because the poster was dynamic and interesting on that half, it stood out; the 'pink' egg side seemed pale, washed out and passive in comparison. Also a dozen superheroes and -villains on the blue side and only five princesses on the pink side?

What is this nonsense?

No matter how much I love Disney, and believe me, I can write essays on their films, I'd far more rather have a blue egg. Stop this stupid gender coding. Males can play with typically female toys, females can play with typically male toys; males can play with female figurines and vice versa.

Why couldn't you put them on a yellow background or something? My other thought would be green, but the Hulk and the Green Goblin wouldn't show up very well on it. And mix them up a bit. And include heroes and villains for both franchises. And males and females for both.

Okay, vent over. Now to go watch some LPs online because I'm too cheap and lazy to buy video games.

• Like 7

Reboot complete.

Level 0 Hobbit

Intro ¦

]"When all treasures are tried . . . truth is the fairest." - Langland

GENDER STEREOTYPING!

So I'm down at the local shop withdrawing money for my mother and I see out of the corner of my eye a Kinder Egg stand/promo tub thing. Most notably I saw the blue and a sort of chibi-style Venom. Is this a Marvel partnership with Kinder Egg? Cool. Venom from the 1980s (my dad had so many vintage comics before he threw them away) was brilliant. To me at least.

I turn my head more properly to fully inspect the little cardboard stand and I can see Iron Man, Thor, Loki(!), Spiderman, Venom, the Green Goblin, Captain America, the Hulk and a few more I can't remember right now . . . Wolverine maybe? Then I noticed the other side of the 'poster'.

It's pink, it's got 'sparkly' stars on it. Disney Princesses. Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle. But they're clearly not toy toys but little statue trinkets you put on display, especially Ariel who appears to be balancing on a wave/her tail.

Blue: cool superheroes (all male), fun design, clearly intended for play. A mix of both villains and heroes, most of whom are very proactive and highly intelligent. All of whom have a wide fanbase spanning so many demographics? Where are the female superheroes and supervillains?! Where's Storm? Jean Grey? The Wasp? The Scarlet Witch (pre-incest)? Where's Rogue and Valkyrie and Agent Sharon Carter and Spiderwoman and Emma Frost?!

And sure, this is obviously an Avengers promo more than just for Marvel given that most of the general public are going to recognise them more than any other Marvel comic; but let me ask you this: where's the Black Widow?!

Pink: pretty princesses, standard boring design, clearly intended for display. All heroines. And, well, I know these are the classic Disney princesses, but where's Jasmine? Where's Mulan? Where's Rapunzel?  Where's Mèrida? Where are the unofficial Disney princesses like Alice and Pocahontas and okay, I know Mulan is an unofficial Disney princess, but I don't care. And where are the Disney Princes and heroes? And where's Maleficent?! If the boys (or boy-coded produce) can have Loki who has tried genocide and regicide multiple times why can't the girls (or girl-coded produce) have Maleficent who only really wanted to torment one family by essentially killing their daughter and rejoices in emotional and psychological torture of her enemies? Is it because she is green-themed and linked with Satan, Hell and that sort of thing? OH NO WAIT, BECAUSE YOU'RE PROMOTING LOKI!

It's not that that I don't like the princesses being promoted, I actually like all of them - well, Snow White less than the others because of her voice, and Belle is my favourite because that film was born the year I was born - but I'm well aware of the arguments people have made declaring them not to be good role models for young children (well they say girls, but children love Disney regardless of sex or gender) and I have to admit there is some truth in their arguments.

But let's reiterate:

If you're a boy you like blue and smart, adventurous men who use their strengths to achieve their goals. And they're cool. You can also choose you path - be it good or evil, using your strength or your mind and agility.

If you're a girl you like pink and 'sparkles' and you like girls who spend a lot of their time waiting for boys to do something while you look pretty. Okay, that's exaggerating the reputation Disney princesses have, but still. You can also sing and dance, and you have words (most of the time) and apparently a lot of charisma. And prettiness. So pretty that even when you're unconscious/believed to be dead people want to kiss you. And you're patient and forgiving.

When I saw this poster I was immediately attracted to the 'blue' eggs because the poster was dynamic and interesting on that half, it stood out; the 'pink' egg side seemed pale, washed out and passive in comparison. Also a dozen superheroes and -villains on the blue side and only five princesses on the pink side?

What is this nonsense?

No matter how much I love Disney, and believe me, I can write essays on their films, I'd far more rather have a blue egg. Stop this stupid gender coding. Males can play with typically female toys, females can play with typically male toys; males can play with female figurines and vice versa.

Why couldn't you put them on a yellow background or something? My other thought would be green, but the Hulk and the Green Goblin wouldn't show up very well on it. And mix them up a bit. And include heroes and villains for both franchises. And males and females for both.

Okay, vent over. Now to go watch some LPs online because I'm too cheap and lazy to buy video games.

welcome to the bias world of being a girl/woman... and having EVERYONE make the choice for you that you MUST like pink- bubbly sparkly wine and colored weights and hours of cardio.

It's exhausting.  I love being a woman- but sometimes I really hate it too. 

Okay, first timer here!

So since the age of 6, I felt like I physically couldn't eat meat anymore because the sheer sight of some of it use to make me want to puke.

At the age of 23, I still feel the same way about it, especially fish! I have been strictly vegetarian, but my mum, dad, brother and 4x sisters are all meat eaters, and being the youngest my mom has tried since then to make me a meat eater, but I just can't.

Growing up I've had all sorts of incentives given to me if I ever were to eat meat, like pokemon cards for example. I found that I only ever bear myself to eat a strip of chicken or a piece of lamb in kebab form, but that was as far as I could go. Growing up I could bear a bit better than that quantity wise, but I still never voluntarily eat or cook meat. I especially never liked meat disguised into other food, on one of my birthdays I remember my parents buying delivery pizza for an occasion and my dad totally gave me a chicken pizza slice telling me it was vegetarian (I don't know if he intentionally knew or not) and it ended with me spewing in the toilet, not pretty :-/

Since leaving for university, I've been vegetarian 100% of the time, and I honestly prefer it.

Anyways, I think I'm going off topic, what I find annoying is that my mom thinks that if you don't eat meat, you're weak.

And on top of that, I now do intermittent fasting, so she thinks I'm even weaker for not eating all the time and eating less, despite now having more muscle than fat on my body and having and generally being stronger than I've ever been (and she can see that) but she still thinks being a vegetarian makes you weak because meat is the only food with protein and fasting makes you weak because you starve. *sigh*

I still to this day think she was so adamant because she never liked having to cook a vegetarian dish as well, and in all honesty I understand the hassle somewhat (as she would cook for such a big family)

FYI: Just so you guys know I'm not vegetarian by choice, I'm very weird and perhaps am just very very VERY choosy on what I want to eat. I don't like desserts/sweet stuff either :-/ (but pre-NF I was a total carb-fiend)

And also I have no beef (no pun intended lol!) with carnivores, as my entire family is one and tbh I feel like if it were just a mental choice I would choose to eat meat, but I don't 'cause my body just physically feels dismissive of it.

P.s. Apologies for the lengthy post!

P.p.s It's given me some relief typing that! Thanks Internet!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

I see you took my advice. ;P

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

Gah, double post! Stupid computer.

I hear this one all the time too

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Oh, so you lift weights.........you'll end up looking like a man........um no I have boobs and a vagina. O_o

I've always been surprised at these kind of comments. I always thought they would be made by jerks who don't know anything about fitness, but last saturday I was talking with my boyfriend's brother about my new fitness plans (he does a lot of exercise himself and it's very fit) and I was more than puzzled when the first two things he said were:

1) But you already do tapdance, that's enough for you.

2) Bodyweight training? But you are going to bulk up, and that is not beautiful in a woman.

Argh.

GENDER STEREOTYPING!

But let's reiterate:

What is this nonsense?

well clearly your over reaction to this is based solely on the fact that you are a woman and women always overreact to little things whether they should or not. clearly Kinder Egg is promoting appropriate gender roles. Boys should aspire to be strong capable men while girls would be better suited to putting their energies into learning to be delicate and always relying on the Men to do the heavy lifting and to take care of them. I for one am happy that we have such conservative, appropriate, smart, healthy examples such as this one put forward in a time where some seem to think it is acceptable for girls to play with trucks and boys with dolls.

JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!! WOMEN FOLK PLEASE DO NOT UNITE AGAINST ME AND END MY EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!! I AM KIDDING I AGREE WITH YOU 100097235097230579230857325%ABOUT HOW STUPID THE TOY SEPERATION IS.

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

GENDER STEREOTYPING!

But let's reiterate:

What is this nonsense?

well clearly your over reaction to this is based solely on the fact that you are a woman and women always overreact to little things whether they should or not. clearly Kinder Egg is promoting appropriate gender roles. Boys should aspire to be strong capable men while girls would be better suited to putting their energies into learning to be delicate and always relying on the Men to do the heavy lifting and to take care of them. I for one am happy that we have such conservative, appropriate, smart, healthy examples such as this one put forward in a time where some seem to think it is acceptable for girls to play with trucks and boys with dolls.

JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!! WOMEN FOLK PLEASE DO NOT UNITE AGAINST ME AND END MY EXISTANCE!!!!!!!!!! I AM KIDDING I AGREE WITH YOU 100097235097230579230857325%ABOUT HOW STUPID THE TOY SEPERATION IS.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Oh, so you lift weights.........you'll end up looking like a man........um no I have boobs and a vagina. O_o

Does not lifting weights make you look like a woman?

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)