Forums are back in action! ×

Trying out the "at least do something" approach to self-improvement

So yeah, I'm one of those people who endlessly collect pants and tweak their approach to fitness without getting any result. Well, I'm not being fair to myself: I did manage to maintain my weight through 6 month of pretty much non-stop sitting in front of the computer for work, but not getting any more obese when I'm already very obese is not an accomplishment that makes me particularly proud.

So, this time I'm sticking to the basics, and I'm trying to do it along other people (which is a first, because I follow the "socially awkward nerd that's afraid of people" stereotype to a t). I'm hopeful for now :) Long-term fitness goal - become Commander Shepard!

Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:1 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:2

Return of the Tabris: Chapter 3

Battle Logs

Have faith, you're not a moron. - John Brown

A Mass Effect and Firefly fan!!

At last! My plan to take down Reavers and Reapers will be complete!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Hello and Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Looking forward to seeing your challenge, it's a good thing to stick to basics. I have a big problem with jumping the gun on stuff without 'warming up' so to speak. Also, I'm a socially awkward nerd to, trying to talk to people is not much of a problem, but when they give you the :blink:  face when your trying to explain a game, movie, math, whatever...it's hard to meet nice nerds nowadays.

Reavers, Reapers, Darkspawn and Cylons :D

Thanks for the welcome! I hung my hat (and my challenge topic) in the Adventurer forums while I look around :) I have the opposite problem, with infinitely "warming up" without jumping anywhere, so I'm not letting myself get into complicated planning so much.

And I'm trying to level up my IRL social skills for an important conference I have in the fall; it's torture. Even if I do have nice nerds around :D

Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:1 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:2

Return of the Tabris: Chapter 3

Battle Logs

Have faith, you're not a moron. - John Brown

Archived