Forums are back in action! ×

Fenshire's EPIC woot thread!

Update: Posting a six month update below! :)

Update 2:  Posted a nine month update below!

Update 3:  Posted a YEAR update below!  Woot!

I'm feeling pretty badass! This week marked the end of my third month of making healthy choices.

In three months, I've:

• Lost 47.6 lbs
  • Dropped two shirt sizes
  • Lost eight inches from my waist
  • Lost more than 4% body fat
  • Run five kilometers (3.1 miles)
  • Increased all my lifts by 20%
  • Bent down and touched my toes (that just happened!)

Not too shabby for three months' work, I'd say.

I've been lifting weights Mon, Wed, and Fri. Since mid-March, I've been doing the AllPro Simple Beginner's Routine... a pretty thorough workout involving all compound weight lifting exercises with a barbell. On Tues, Thurs, and Sat, I run. That started out with walking, but then I started doing C25K. I graduated C25K last week, and I've got my first 5K run coming up on June 1st. I think starting next week I'll begin working on C210K. :)

For diet, I'm basically just monitoring calorie consumption and I've eliminated processed foods and simple sugars from my diet. It's semi-Paleo, I suppose. I generally eat whatever I want on my two days off of work, though.

Doing good and feeling great! I still have quite a ways to go before I'm where I want to be... but making great progress and I'm fueled by determination!

~Kris

• Like 2

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

You go dude! And congrats on being non-Sheldon with touching your toes!

I'm feeling pretty badass!  This week marked the end of my third month of making healthy choices.

Umm...that's because you are!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

My fellow rebels, today marks my sixth month of fitness! I have lost 80.6 lbs, dropped more than 10% body fat, I have run four 5K races, my lifts have all increased by 30-40% from my starting weights, and today I ran a full 10K distance.

I have never missed a workout. I've pushed through doubt and failure, picked myself up and just kept going. Willpower is my middle name.

I have signed up for my first 10K race in September, and then later in the year I will begin to train for a half-marathon. For now, I may focus on sprints and interval training to help increase my speed.

Feels good, bro.

• Like 3

I had another thing to add!  Yesterday, I went to the big & tall shop to get some new clothes and got measured.  Since I've started my new life, I've lost 4 1/2 inches off my neck and 14 inches off my waist.  Also, I now fit in XL shirts; the store's lowest size!  When I started, I was in 4XL shirts! 

The next time I go shopping for clothes, I'll be able to go shopping in whatever store I effin' like!

So freaking happy about that!  When I put on one of my new shirts, for the first time I've looked in the mirror and I don't feel like I'm looking at a fat dude.

d=(^.~)z

I had another thing to add!  Yesterday, I went to the big & tall shop to get some new clothes and got measured.  Since I've started my new life, I've lost 4 1/2 inches off my neck and 14 inches off my waist.  Also, I now fit in XL shirts; the store's lowest size!  When I started, I was in 4XL shirts! 

The next time I go shopping for clothes, I'll be able to go shopping in whatever store I effin' like!

So freaking happy about that!  When I put on one of my new shirts, for the first time I've looked in the mirror and I don't feel like I'm looking at a fat dude.

d=(^.~)z

Rock on!  That is a damn good feeling to have! 

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

d=(^.~)z

That is just awesome. What a good feeling! You're gonna feel even more amazing when you go shopping next

Mannion

Lvl 0 Half-Orc Warrior

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... "

" ... you find someone to carry you."

-Tracy & Zoe, Firefly

Current challenge:

First job with The Browncoats 

Ah, my friends!  Another three months have passed!

My journey has been going on for nine months now.  In nine months, I've lost 112 lbs, dropped over 14% body fat, and I've lost count of how many 5K runs I've done.  I ended up doing my 10K in September...  in a freezing cold thunderstorm.  Now I run a 10K distance when I feel like going for an easy run.  I've run up to 10.1 miles, achieved a personal milestone of running around the lake I do my runs at.  I've begun experimenting with trail running and have found that I love it!  This December, I've got my first obstacle adventure race planned, the Freezerburn...  a military style obstacle course with dive into freezing cold water at the end.  I've lost a whopping 19 inches off my waist.  This evening I went shopping at Old Navy, my first time buying clothes at a regular persons' store.  I comfortably wear a regular person's XL size (which is way smaller than a Big & Tall store's XL size).

I've begun to phase my diet over to a plant-based diet (vegan) and have incorporated intermittent fasting.  I've been vegan now for over a month, but I just started IF this week.  We'll see how that goes.

All in all, I feel effin' fantastic.  The best I've felt in my entire life, to be honest.

Love you guys!

• Like 1

I've been using a lot of information that I've gotten off of nomeatathlete.com. Mostly I just make sure to include some form of protein in all my meals... Beans, nuts, seeds, tofu, etc. I don't keep track of calories or macros really anymore. Just eat whole, natural foods! With the occasional "cheat" from time to time.

Ah, my friends!  Another three months have passed!

My journey has been going on for nine months now.  In nine months, I've lost 112 lbs, dropped over 14% body fat, and I've lost count of how many 5K runs I've done.  I ended up doing my 10K in September...  in a freezing cold thunderstorm.  Now I run a 10K distance when I feel like going for an easy run.  I've run up to 10.1 miles, achieved a personal milestone of running around the lake I do my runs at.  I've begun experimenting with trail running and have found that I love it!  This December, I've got my first obstacle adventure race planned, the Freezerburn...  a military style obstacle course with dive into freezing cold water at the end.  I've lost a whopping 19 inches off my waist.  This evening I went shopping at Old Navy, my first time buying clothes at a regular persons' store.  I comfortably wear a regular person's XL size (which is way smaller than a Big & Tall store's XL size).

I've begun to phase my diet over to a plant-based diet (vegan) and have incorporated intermittent fasting.  I've been vegan now for over a month, but I just started IF this week.  We'll see how that goes.

All in all, I feel effin' fantastic.  The best I've felt in my entire life, to be honest.

Love you guys!

AMAZING progress. Wow... it's so inspiring to see what can be accomplished in 9 months with dedication and a good support system. Go you!! (And the beer stein never had to leave your hand).