Forums are back in action! ×

iatetheyeti, and it shows: Tracking goals, progress, and diet

The amount of pain from a tattoo depends on where you get it. The one on my wrist didn't hurt at all, it was just a series of weird vibrations that were vaguely uncomfortable from time to time. The one on my shoulder felt a little like being scratched continuously, and every now and then it made a nerve in my elbow twinge. The one on my calf was similar until it got to the mountain. That actually kinda hurt, though it wasn't the worst pain I've ever experienced.

According to my housemate, getting one on the ribs is as painful as everyone and everything says it will be, but aside from that she's never experienced that much pain from getting a tattoo. Getting something coloured or shaded hurts to start with, apparently.

All in all, I'd say it isn't the painful experience it's hyped up to be. Expect the constant scratching sensation, expect a funny moment or two when the needle may make a nerve twinge, but that's about it, really.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

It's time to get a proper plan in place again. I've already lost patience with my toe for not being fully functional, and it's been barely over a week. There are a lot of things I can't do right now, and rather than focus on them and get supremely pissed off, I figure it'd probably be a good call to focus on what I can do, and then go do lots of that.

So, let's have a comparison:

I can't run, but I can walk.

I can't climb, but I can bike.

I can't do proper push-ups, but I can do bodyweight rows.

I can't do squats, but I can do (mostly unassisted) pistol squats (on my right leg).

I can't plank, but I can do L-hangs.

And we'll stop there. I need to be creative, and I need to try and avoid working my right side too much over my left side, otherwise I'm going to heal up and continue to be unbalanced. Heh, it doesn't help that my left side was the weaker one already.

So let's go back to basics here and have a run down of what I'll be doing without the additional working out. First, the journey to and from uni. I'm going to take the plunge and hop back on my bike on Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to pedal at least semi-efficiently, though I'll be leaving plenty of time for the journey just in case. This gives me a minimum of twenty miles cycled in any given week. Add on at least one practical day and that bumps it up to thirty. Add on another for when we have double practicals, and that shoots up to forty. This assuming that I don't go into town for any other reason.

So realistically we have approximately forty miles of cycling per week. That should account for between two hours forty and four hours of time.

Then the walking. If I need milk or eggs or something simple, then I'll wander on down to the shop in the village. Fifteen minutes there, fifteen minutes back (with my current pace). Half an hour maybe twice a week.

And would be it.

So what I'm going to do is not add any further cycling or walking onto the plan just now, not until I've seen how I'm going to do with it.

Next challenge starts on November 4th. That's two weeks and a few days. That will bring my healing time to about three weeks. I'm hoping it will be enough. The good news is that even if I only do very light work with my legs, I won't lose all that much strength or gain a lot of excess weight on them. Heh, my legs have it easy compared to the rest of my body. At least that's one worry taken care of.

So the next couple of weeks are going to be focused on core strength, upper body, and most importantly: DIET

But I'll come to diet in a minute.

I have to make an assignment list. Heh, one to do along side an actual assignment. Gotta love last minute uni work.

For the core stuff, first I'll cobble together a temporary yoga plan. There are a surprising amount of poses I still do, and let's face it, it gives me an excuse to work a little harder on some of those awkward balance ones. Second, make two comprehensive core based circuits. They don't have to be very extensive, just a solid base with a solid progression plan. I aim to push myself.

Same goes for the upper body. Two circuits, two solid routes of progression. 

These should be ready to go for Tuesday. Seems like an odd time frame, but the uni assignment I'm working on is due for Monday midnight. As much as I'm determined to be done on Sunday, I may well need the extra time.

Now for the diet stuff.

I'm doing ok, I haven't gone too far off track with it. I have a fridge full of veg and meat, a cupboard full of veg and herbs and spices, and no money with which to buy the junk food I actually kinda like eating (for shame, I know!). I'm also incorporating a little fasting into the mix. I haven't eaten breakfast for, well, a long time. I keep trying, and I keep failing. So I'm going to go with what my body is telling me and cut it out of the mix full stop. So, assuming I can get my ass out of bed at a reasonable time, I'll have the morning with only the good kinds of liquids (coffee and water). No eating until 11am. And no eating after 10pm. If that goes well, then I'll be more than prepared to make 'no eating after 8pm' one of my challenge goals for the next round.

This leaves me a rather large window of eleven hours. So what I'll do with said window is structure it a little more than I have been. Snack-lunch-snack-dinner-snack. By snack I mean healthy snack. I've been getting ridiculously hungry after eating meals, and they've been good meals too.

Again, this will be put into action on Tuesday. I know the do it now way is pretty effective, but honestly, at this moment in time I don't have the energy to dedicate to it. Everything is going into this damned essay that I'm still lacking the required number of references for...

So, next check-in could be either Monday or Tuesday, depending. We'll see how it goes.

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Wow, awesome Yeti! I'm impressed! Good work my girl and looks like a solid basis for the coming challenge! Yay! :encouragement:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

So this is Thursday, not Tuesday... In my defence, I got slammed with one of those twenty four hour bugs Tuesday night, spent Wednesday with it, and today I was back out with the uni on the crags. It was pretty good, despite the broken toe being a bit of a hold back. Did some heavy lifting today as well, hauled one of my lighter friends (at about 9st) up about maybe ten metres of rock in an unassisted hoist. Kinda hurts the hands, that one does.

Anyway, as a result of all of that I haven't got a comprehensive plan as such. What I do have is a yoga book, a 32kg kettlebell, a pull up bar, and a pair of gymnastic rings. Now If I can't do something with that lot then I don't know...

I'll try to get a proper update sooner rather than later.

Glad it was a short term bug Yeti!

Will be looking forward to what you come up with! :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Stopping in to see how you are!

Entering the down week and hope to see you in the next challenge!  :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I'm doing quite well, thanks Ash :)

Would have updated earlier, but I spent a little more time recovering from Friday than I anticipated (former 3rd/4th year graduation + early Halloween party = BIG night). I'll have something more detailed up later. And don't you worry, I'm raring to go for this next challenge!

Yay!!!!! Good to hear and looking forward to it!!  :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Apparently later means much, much later...

Excuse number one: ill. I think that chest infection came back. Tomorrow I'll be off to the doctor to book an appointment and hopefully fixed up by the 11th.

Excuse number two: work. Lots and lots and lots of it.

Anyway, just dropping by quickly to confirm that I do have about 80% of the details for this upcoming challenge properly sorted out. I'm even creating a spreadsheet for it, for a change... I'm also playing about with it a little, making a story to kind of go alongside the whole RPG element of the challenge.

This time around I'll be joining the assassins as my focus is mostly on changing my body shape and bodyweight exercises. Can't wait!

Next check in may be Wednesday-ish.

Awesome Yeti! Looking forward to seeing you in the next one, I will be following!

Hope you get to feeling 100% again soon!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Thanks Ash!

Hopefully I'll be ok soon enough. Went to the doctor today, got an unwelcome bronchitis diagnosis, and I'm now on two different medications for it. If they don't work wonders before the challenge starts, I don't know what will...

Sending positive thoughts your way that the meds kick in and you start feeling better.

Used to suffer from that constantly as a kiddo and is why I am now allergic to penicllin.  :nightmare:

Take care of yourself Yeti!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Thanks guys :)

Heh, at least one set of meds works. Slept like a rock last night, no waking up in the middle of coughing fits. Now to see if the penicillin fights this thing off...