Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

I'm new here (obviously) and I'm super excited that I found this site a few months ago. I've just been reading the articles until now, and I finally decided to become active in the community.

A month ago I was a miserable person--I'd wake up at 3:30am to drive two hours in DC traffic to work, pull a ten hour day, then drive two hours home where I'd just have enough time to eat dinner (sometimes) and go to sleep. I told myself I didn't have the time to eat breakfast, that I didn't have enough time to prepare a brown-bag lunch, that I didn't have time to exercise...which resulted in me feeling like crap all the time and gaining weight from all the cream cheese bagels and take-out lunches. I finally reached a breaking point when my jeans barely fit one morning, and traffic was so bad I started crying in my car. That day I chose to fix my problems instead of making excuses and feeling sorry for myself. I found an apartment five miles from work, and I found this site. In addition to loving my new commute to and from work, I've been "eating clean" for the past two weeks and feel AWESOME. My jeans fit, and tomorrow I'm starting a workout regimen again--I used to be in great shape but I've let myself slip lately. 

I can't wait to participate in the next challenge here, and I look forward to "leveling up!"

Welcome!

grizeen is right....wow! Glad your changing your life for the better! What are your Master Battle Plans and Long-tern goals?

Welcome! I'm new myself, but I was in a pretty similar place earlier this year. I was pushing the boundaries of my already, in my opinion, too large clothes and feeling like garbage because of it. Making the choice to eat clean, or at least cleaner, was one of the best things I've ever done. Congrats on deciding to level up your life!

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

Thanks for the support guys! It's great to have a bunch of similar-minded people to help motivate and cheer you on.

LostOne1775 - my long term goals are to get in shape and stay that way. Still working on a master battle plan though!

Congratulations on making the choice to take action, moving closer to work,  Skinnying up with clean eating, and joining the rebellion:)  Looks like you can make things happen.  Good job. 

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

There is no need to rush the finish line just yet, just taking it one step at a time is the best way to lead you down that road to the Master plan!

Great work on taking that first step, just keep them coming!

:)

Level 1 ~ Dark Elf ~ Scout

STR: 2| DEX: 3| STA: 3| CON: 2| WIS: 2| CHA: 3

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Lao Tzu

Archived