Forums are back in action! ×

NF Minecraft server? :O

Let's say we go with a supplier than I know is good, like Fragnet, they are 15 euros for a 1-30 slot server. That's really cheap. https://clients.fragnet.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Tree Puncher is also fairly inexpensive.  I've hosted a server there a couple times in the past. Managing plug ins and server permissions is well beyond my comfort level and availability at this time though.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Tree Puncher is also fairly inexpensive.  I've hosted a server there a couple times in the past. Managing plug ins and server permissions is well beyond my comfort level and availability at this time though.

We'd go with a pure vanilla server, but I'd be willing to manage the white/black lists and the overall server health and atmosphere.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

We're already running one, on a business rated FIOS connection.  The main problem would be the cut throat 8 year olds who are currently dominating the server :)  I'd have to talk to my husband, and whoever moderated would have to abide by a "kid friendly" protocol, since that was the point of setting it up in the first place.  I think at the moment it's by invitation only, but I wouldn't mind adding some responsible adults (would save me time reading through logs and figuring out which of my sons' friends are there solely to bully and need banning). 

Have to warn you though, these kids take the game SERIOUSLY :)

At any rate, we're pretty good about keeping it updated, because Sam nags if we don't.

If you want a separate server, I can probably have him set one up just for NF people.  Pretty sure we've got both the space and the band width.  He's not a member of NF, but he is the UBER GEEK.

Oh, and barring unforeseen circumstances, the server is up 24/7.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

We're already running one, on a business rated FIOS connection.  The main problem would be the cut throat 8 year olds who are currently dominating the server :)  I'd have to talk to my husband, and whoever moderated would have to abide by a "kid friendly" protocol, since that was the point of setting it up in the first place.  I think at the moment it's by invitation only, but I wouldn't mind adding some responsible adults (would save me time reading through logs and figuring out which of my sons' friends are there solely to bully and need banning). 

Have to warn you though, these kids take the game SERIOUSLY :)

At any rate, we're pretty good about keeping it updated, because Sam nags if we don't.

If you want a separate server, I can probably have him set one up just for NF people.  Pretty sure we've got both the space and the band width.  He's not a member of NF, but he is the UBER GEEK.

Oh, and barring unforeseen circumstances, the server is up 24/7.

I think a NF server would be better and that's great news, I'd only need access to the white/black list through ftp or remote acccess or something and admin.

Also, does that server have enough RAM to be able to dedicate another 2GB for the NF server? 

Quite honestly though, if we're 10 playing, it'd be like 2 bucks a month each, I think I'd rather have access to a rented one other than one like yours, one main reason is that with rented server, you often get a GUI for access to the server files and what not, it simplifies things a whole lot.

I actually ran an NF themed server for several months.  There are pictures somewhere, but I can't find them while I'm at work.  I felt that vanilla wasn't the right choice as the NF community is huge and I fully expect interest to be overwhelming if it is public knowledge.  Vanilla has basically no recourse for griefing damage mitigation and recovery.  I tried running bukkit, but the delay these days after an update is far too painful.

I would love to play on an NF server, but I have zero bandwidth for administration.  I'm quite content with vanilla though.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I actually ran an NF themed server for several months.  There are pictures somewhere, but I can't find them while I'm at work.  I felt that vanilla wasn't the right choice as the NF community is huge and I fully expect interest to be overwhelming if it is public knowledge.  Vanilla has basically no recourse for griefing damage mitigation and recovery.  I tried running bukkit, but the delay these days after an update is far too painful.

I would love to play on an NF server, but I have zero bandwidth for administration.  I'm quite content with vanilla though.

The delay for mods is the reason I want to go with vanilla. For the greifing part, that's why we'd have a white/black list. We'd list a set of rules and people should follow them, I think the NF community is mature enough to not greif peoples things.

The delay for mods is the reason I want to go with vanilla. For the greifing part, that's why we'd have a white/black list. We'd list a set of rules and people should follow them, I think the NF community is mature enough to not greif peoples things.

I agree that vanilla is probably the way to go.  White/black list doesn't really solve the massive damage a griefer can do in a really short period of time if he is knowledgeable.  It takes little time to burn down an entire structure, entire forest, or entire jungle, and you really can't repair that damage, only approximately rebuild.  It isn't something I worry about for myself, but when I was running a server, it was something I did worry about for others.

Mostly, my policy when I was running a server for just my friends was only invite people I trust, and deal with mistakes as they happen.  It is just scarier when you realize how many people are in NF and how many of them probably play minecraft.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I agree that vanilla is probably the way to go.  White/black list doesn't really solve the massive damage a griefer can do in a really short period of time if he is knowledgeable.  It takes little time to burn down an entire structure, entire forest, or entire jungle, and you really can't repair that damage, only approximately rebuild.  It isn't something I worry about for myself, but when I was running a server, it was something I did worry about for others.

Mostly, my policy when I was running a server for just my friends was only invite people I trust, and deal with mistakes as they happen.  It is just scarier when you realize how many people are in NF and how many of them probably play minecraft.

True, you'd have to build in consequence I guess, it's something that we'd need to forsee in a big server. This is why we won't release the IP publically of the server. I'll need a good team of mods depending on how many people play xD