Forums are back in action! ×

Less than 200 pounds!

After four months of lifestyle changes, I've broken the 200 lbs mark weighing in at 198! 

To preview, this is about the only picture I could find of me at my heaviest, around 240 lbs in August.

post-23578-0-43069900-1386959582_thumb.j

I started eating better (about 80% paleo) and getting exercise on a regular basis. The first time I decided to take a picture to measure progress was around 225 lbs (sorry about poor picture quality, I have shaky hands)

post-23578-0-23799700-1386959722_thumb.j

Now, after four months, I'm less that 200!!! The last time I weighed this much was when I was 16!

Me at 198!

post-23578-0-28541500-1386959443_thumb.j

This benchmark has me really excited about my fitness future because I'm not done yet! My current goal is to reach 195 lbs, followed by a focus from weight loss to body fat reduction (from whatever it is now to about 12%).

• Like 7

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Man that's great, it's basically reminds me on myself, keep going, I was at 242, now at 177-179 (went down to 172 though), I'm at roughly 11% bf now, you can do it too, just keep persisting and keep yourself motivated!

you got this! :D

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Great job! I recently joined the under 200 club - started this journey at 235. This morning I weighed in at 193.6. Keep going!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

That's so awesome!! I'm happy to hear you've crossed that threshold. I'm closing in on it now and I can't even remember the last time my weight started with a 1. Super excited for both of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

The difference still startles me haha... I look back at old facebook photos and I can't believe it sometimes

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

The difference still startles me haha... I look back at old facebook photos and I can't believe it sometimes

Did you encounter some irritating comments from the people around you?

This topic is great :)

When I hear evil stuff like "Just you wait, you will experience yo-yo effect" or "You will see, it is impossible to keep the weight loss permanently" or "I liked you better when you were fatter", I instantly get the desire tell that person to #%#"$# off. 

Fortunately I manage to remain cool and ignore such comments.

Did you encounter some irritating comments from the people around you?

This topic is great :)

When I hear evil stuff like "Just you wait, you will experience yo-yo effect" or "You will see, it is impossible to keep the weight loss permanently" or "I liked you better when you were fatter", I instantly get the desire tell that person to #%#"$# off. 

Fortunately I manage to remain cool and ignore such comments.

Hahaha I like checking that thread every once in a while because of all the ridiculous things in it! The people around me are pretty supportive of my goals. Most of the annoying comments that I have to deal with are about the things that I don't eat/drink much of anymore, like french fries and beer ("but you love them!").

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

Way to go guys! Awesome work :D

@ Duality - that's bizarre man. The whole time I've been on this forum you've been one of the "fit healthy" guys. I never even considered that you'd started off at that kind of weight. It's funny how we make those kinds of assumptions, huh?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Here's my most recent update dated 2/17 (about time I take another update I think). I'm about 193 in this one, going through body recomposition

med_gallery_23578_902_139002.jpg

Also, my progress can be found in my album (linked in my signature) if you're interested!

• Like 2

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album