Forums are back in action! ×

Maybe it's time to change

Greetings, rebels!  Here's where I launch into my story, right?

I've been on the bigger side since before I can remember, and while that has always been on my mind, I've finally gotten tired of beating myself up instead of jumping in and and really doing something about it.  REALLY doing something about it.  Not just planning on eating better and exercising more, like I'm sure we've all done at some time or another, and then giving up after a week.  This time, I really want to commit to it, but I need something more than myself or a fitness app to hold me accountable.  I'm not the type to share personal things with my friends or family, so for me, that support/accountability base isn't an option.  So here I am, a new rebel recruit, looking for advice, encouragement, and a place to write things down.  

I'm athletic, so I have that going for me.  But I'm definitely overweight.  I'm a 5'8 girl who has always played sports, whether it was 3 varsity sports all throughout high school or competitive club ultimate frisbee in college.  I was probably in the 180-190 range back in high school and freshman year (yeah, no freshman fifteen.  shocker!), but after I discovered the wonder that is beer and all-nighters, things went a little more downhill than normal.  I'm 220-230 now.  I don't look my weight (like I said, I'm athletic, so I already have plenty of muscle mass going on), but I feel it, and more than anything I want to do this for me and feel the way I want to feel.

So here's us, on the raggedy edge.  Push me, and I'll push you  :friendly_wink:

• Like 1

Challenge | Twitter: @jarnold427 | Obsession

New Goal Progress

0%
0%

Start: 190   |   Goal: 175

Goal Achieved!!!

100%
100%

Start: 225   |   Goal: 190

Battle Log: Operation Avenger

Hiya!

Glad that you joined NF! I to am 5'8" and weigh 220lb. but I've always been big though. There was a time when I was thinner but it was only because my entire family was trying to look good for a wedding.

Are you going to join the current challenge? You still can you know!